mugtang

MUSS IS STAYING!

3 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i guarantee the new coach at cal will make more moneys than muff at nevada.

Yeah, but I'm not sure what the cost of living multiplier is for bay area compared to Reno. I'd imagine if you compare apples to apples it will be about equal. 

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what the cost of living multiplier is for bay area compared to Reno. I'd imagine if you compare apples to apples it will be about equal. 

i don't believe muff is that loyal to nevada.

14 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

i guarantee the new coach at cal will make more moneys than muff at nevada.

I was reading that the 1.8 mil that Martin was making will not be offered to the new guy. CAL is broke and the AD was 18 mil in the red and will continue to be. If the new guy gets 1.5 and Muss is making 1.2 to 1.3 mil, Muss is getting a better deal with the COL difference. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

I agree that Muss is not particularly loyal to Nevada..It's a job at a stepping stone program..But the scratch he will be getting is pretty good for a mid major.  I don't see this as a Mark Few situation.  He will be looking at potential jobs that might open every year.  That's fine.  If big time programs are sniffing around that means he is doing well..

He may still leave this year if something pops open.  It happened to Nevada before when Trent Johnson took the Stanford job a few weeks after signing a 5 year extension with the Pack.  Shit happens..However, I think Muss will be here next year and I intend to enjoy having him as coach as long as we can.  It's easy to look for negatives but this is a good thing.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I agree that Muss is not particularly loyal to Nevada..It's a job at a stepping stone program..But the scratch he will be getting is pretty good for a mid major.  I don't see this as a Mark Few situation.  He will be looking at potential jobs that might open every year.  That's fine.  If big time programs are sniffing around that means he is doing well..

He may still leave this year if something pops open.  It happened to Nevada before when Trent Johnson took the Stanford job a few weeks after signing a 5 year extension with the Pack.  Shit happens..However, I think Muss will be here next year and I intend to enjoy having him as coach as long as we can.  It's easy to look for negatives but this is a good thing.

Muss does need to ditch the phony comments such as 'we're going to be here until our daughter finishes HS' or the 'this could be my last coaching job' and that BS. No one is going to believe it now, and some fans really won't be cool with it. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

23 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Maybe Muss knew he wanted to stay pretty much, but still interviewed at Cal to gain a little leverage.

Maybe the university and boosters need to wake up and realize this isn't the Big Sky. If the reports are true and Nevada does pay $1.1 I'll be shocked. I'm the last person who thinks schools in this conference have any business carrying debt trying to keep up. At the same time, there is a point at which we have to invest. Nevada saw 9k season ticket holders dwindle to 4K under Carter. Clearly now was a time to step up. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Maybe the university and boosters need to wake up and realize this isn't the Big Sky. If the reports are true and Nevada does pay $1.1 I'll be shocked. I'm the last person who thinks schools in this conference have any business carrying debt trying to keep up. At the same time, there is a point at which we have to invest. Nevada saw 9k season ticket holders dwindle to 4K under Carter. Clearly now was a time to step up. 

Prepare to be shocked. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

What is your definition of rich?

Damn ph, one of your best post! Keep is up grasshopper.

Several Nevada fans have mentioned this totally irrelevant piece of tripe. "Rich" what the phuck is rich?

From what I hear, Sheldon Adelson is "rich"......and still trying to become richer.

I hope he stays for you guys, but it's always a precarious position to be an MWC program with an in demand coach. Alford at UNM declared that "you don't mess with happy" right before getting ready to sign a new contract extension with UNM that I believe was worth 1.2 million. And then he flipped his skirt up for UCLA in Vegas while the MWC tournament was still going on. We all know how that played out.

Be hopeful, but be prepared to deal with this type of speculation every year until Muss finally leaves. . .It's the sad reality that we all face, but a fun ride while it lasts.

• Like 3

Guest RoscoesDad
3 hours ago, mugtang said:

$75k a year.  Rice is still getting 300k for the next couple of years from UNLV. 

Thanks for the reminder.  Brutal lol.

7 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Thanks for the reminder.  Brutal lol.

Anything I can do to help. :P 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater