mugtang

MUSS IS STAYING!

Guest RoscoesDad
33 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Taste the pain Vegas fan. Not a good day for haters. 

The pain of what?  That you have a good coach that will never be able to get past the first round of the NCAAs because he coaches at a school that will never be able to attract the talent needed to win bigger?  Are you guys going to raise a banner next October to go next to the CBI banner?

45 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

It's primarily funded through ticket revenue. Unfortunately our state legislature won't let us spend money like Wyoming. Nevada fans will go ape chit buying tickets if he truly does return.  

That was the first contract. This new one sounds like the base will be up around 1 mil up from 400k and then the attendance bonus will be added to that. Sounds like it will be a lower %, though. Basically more guaranteed money because the risk is now nil. Of course, all basketball revenue pays it including tickets sold. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm guessing this also means he'll get a pay jump at Reno though, right?

How will the Nevada AD have any money left? SJSU might even be able to pay their FB coach more than the Pack...

When we let go of Polian, we got to ditch the babysitter consultant which was costing us big bucks. Of course, we don't have to pay for Carters half mil salary anymore. 

kat.jpg

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I was on the Montana board last night and they were crowing about how Muss was leaving to Kal and some wannabe "insider" there was talking about how Nevada's ceiling wasn't any higher than Montana's. 

I LOL'd. People in that state are so delusional. 

I'm sure their win over us in the tournament is part of the reason. That loss will always sting. Montana has produced an incredible amount of good coaches over the years, the fact that none of them have accomplished much there should tell them something.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

The pain of what?  That you have a good coach that will never be able to get past the first round of the NCAAs because he coaches at a school that will never be able to attract the talent needed to win bigger?  Are you guys going to raise a banner next October to go next to the CBI banner?

LOL he is two years removed from a 9-win season, he is just in the beginning of the rebuild. 

We've won more games in the tournament than UNLV over the past 25 years. 

22 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

You and ph should rendezvous and compare notes... weak sauce. 

UNLV will get the best recruiting class in the conference despite finishing in last place.  That's all you need to know about the brand.

UNR has peaked under Eric Musselman.  They're going to wind up paying him for past production.  UNLV will be ahead of UNR in a few years from now.

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV will get the best recruiting class in the conference despite finishing in last place.  That's all you need to know about the brand.

UNR has peaked under Eric Musselman.  They're going to wind up paying him for past production.  UNLV will be ahead of UNR in a few years from now.

Way to step up to the plate with more nonsensical predictions after the abject failure of your most recent Muss predictions. You make so many predictions with absolute confidence that they will come to pass, yet by far the majority do not. With that record, why continue to offer more unless, as others have pointed out, it's all attention-seeking behavior? Care to explain the method to your madness? 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

If you were a Wolf Pack fan you would be getting laid..I am just saying..

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Way to step up to the plate with more nonsensical predictions after the abject failure of your most recent Muss predictions. You make so many predictions with absolute confidence that they will come to pass, yet by far the majority do not. With that record, why continue to offer more unless, as others have pointed out, it's all attention-seeking behavior? Care to explain the method to your madness? 

I don't even know my methods.

• Like 1

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

You and ph should rendezvous and compare notes... weak sauce. 

No actually I tried to give you guys a compliment on keeping a good coach...if even for only another good year.   What is weak sauce is that you cannot take a compliment, if even a backhanded one, without being a dick.

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

No actually I tried to give you guys a compliment on keeping a good coach...if even for only another good year.   What is weak sauce is that you cannot take a compliment, if even a backhanded one, without being a dick.

Your compliments are condescending but I'm a dick for calling it out? Is that your point? Grade A weak sauce!

• Like 1

Obviously this is great news, IMO a big factor in keeping him in the future will be the MW. We desperately need to have 2-3 at-large worthy teams next season (likely Boise, Nevada, and SDSU). Having to win the MW tournament every year would drive any coach crazy. Hopefully us keeping Musselman is the beginning of this conference's comeback.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

When we let go of Polian, we got to ditch the babysitter consultant which was costing us big bucks. Of course, we don't have to pay for Carters half mil salary anymore. 

Speaking of ex-Nevada HC Carter, now that he no longer will be a "volunteer" assistant at St Mary's, does he stay with them or look for another HC position? This question probably doesn't belong in this thread, but I doubt Carter is worthy of as thread of his own. If he has developed a winning attitude being an assistant for Bennett and got some info on how to recruit Australian players, if I was the A.D at Portland State I might take a chance on him.:hijack:

11 minutes ago, westfan said:

Speaking of ex-Nevada HC Carter, now that he no longer will be a "volunteer" assistant at St Mary's, does he stay with them or look for another HC position? This question probably doesn't belong in this thread, but I doubt Carter is worthy of as thread of his own. If he has developed a winning attitude being an assistant for Bennett and got some info on how to recruit Australian players, if I was the A.D at Portland State I might take a chance on him.:hijack:

Yeah, I'm also intrigued to see what happens with Carter. I wonder if Saint Mary's will retain him?

Also someone was mentioning that Trent Johnson has been attending our games recently. I would love to see him as an assistant to replace Huffnagel.