mugtang

MUSS IS STAYING!

2 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I'm hearing from multiple sources his contract is going to be big. Low seven figures and a big recruiting boost.

Nice, it will be interesting to see who he hires to replace Huffnagel. Hopefully we get an increase in assistant's salaries as well.

1 minute ago, bigd said:

Nice, it will be interesting to see who he hires to replace Huffnagel. Hopefully we get an increase in assistant's salaries as well.

I now wonder what's the deal with Huffnagel? Strange to cut him loose before re-upping.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest RoscoesDad

One more year!  One more year!  One more year!

Seriously though, I am happy for Reno.  Any good coach we can keep in conference is a positive for all.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I now wonder what's the deal with Huffnagel? Strange to cut him loose before re-upping.

Supposedly he and Muss didn't get along that well.

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm guessing this also means he'll get a pay jump at Reno though, right?

How will the Nevada AD have any money left? SJSU might even be able to pay their FB coach more than the Pack...

As TheUofN said we'll be paying him over a million, plus an increase in the recruiting budget.

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm guessing this also means he'll get a pay jump at Reno though, right?

How will the Nevada AD have any money left? SJSU might even be able to pay their FB coach more than the Pack...

It's primarily funded through ticket revenue. Unfortunately our state legislature won't let us spend money like Wyoming. Nevada fans will go ape chit buying tickets if he truly does return.  

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Seriously though, I am happy for Reno.  Any good coach we can keep in conference is a positive for all.

One more year of Vegas fans whimpering one more year. 

Guest RoscoesDad
Just now, NevadaFan said:

One more year of Vegas fans whimpering one more year. 

Enjoy your 1 and done's while it lasts.

-Dave Rice

24 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Their spin is he wasn't offered

Yeah, I'm sure the sticking point was the clause that Muss had to keep his shirt on. Just can't have him running around half naked, body-shaming all those young folks with his "six pack".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigd said:

As TheUofN said we'll be paying him over a million, plus an increase in the recruiting budget.

Which btw is how it should be. A coach moves the needle and he is rewarded. The money some of the clown ADs in this conference paid for coaches who haven't proven squat is astonishing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I'll take it.  If he's able to parlay that into a job at a blue chip school, more power to him. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Taste the pain Vegas fan. Not a good day for haters. 

On that note, where is PHnumbers? Haven't seen him post on the news about Muss staying after predicting over and over and over and over...that he was as good as gone. I wonder why. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Taste the pain Vegas fan. Not a good day for haters. 

Actually, it will be all the sweeter when we return to dominating you again with Reno at full Musselman strength.