AztecBill

CS Bakersfield at CSU

HowbouthemRoadrunners!

Barnes crew playing lights out in the first half.  Unfortunately theyll go cold, make too many fouls, and likely let the Rams get back in it.  Although 20 is a nice cushion, it should be enough to hold despite bakos inevitable 5-7 minute drought.

24 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

HowbouthemRoadrunners!

Barnes crew playing lights out in the first half.  Unfortunately theyll go cold, make too many fouls, and likely let the Rams get back in it.  Although 20 is a nice cushion, it should be enough to hold despite bakos inevitable 5-7 minute drought.

Called it.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

18 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

Doesn't matter. 

Yeah, which is why I didn't highlight the third part of that sentence. CSB only had 12 pts in the first 12 min and change of the 2nd half... Rams should've taken advantage. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

51 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

No, in fact none have even made the quarterfinals.  It would still be a tough road because UTA is playing lights out right now too.

UTA and Bakersfield were in the WAC together for one year.  I watched CSB's first  ever WAC game against UTA a few years ago at the Icardo Center.

I guess the game is on Wednesday, I assume the Runners will stay in their hotel tonight and fly straight to Arlington tomorrow.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, masterfrog said:

No, in fact none have even made the quarterfinals.  It would still be a tough road because UTA is playing lights out right now too.

I remember the day that UNM coach Richie McKay scheduled an away game at Arlington just to get off the road game snide.

Gym had a stage if I remember correctly.

Lobos won BTW.

Richie...success.

6 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

I remember the day that UNM coach Richie McKay scheduled an away game at Arlington just to get off the road game snide.

Gym had a stage if I remember correctly.

Lobos won BTW.

Richie...success.

The old gym, Texas Hall, was actually the theater.  The first several rows of seats were below the court.  They did put additional seating on the back of the stage for basketball games.  The new gym is great though.

• Like 2

RAMS lost to a team with better players, and a far better coach.  Bakersfield deserved that win.  The officiating was garbage, but it didn't figure in at all.  I see better overall talent coming for CSU, not better than Gian but overall.  It still won't matter if they are player coached.

Thank God spring FB starts tomorrow.:rock::rock::rock:

5 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Yep, UTA's old gym was a converted stage/theater.

501aced7b8762.image.jpg

Good pic.  I only went to one game there and my seats were not in the balcony.  I was below the ones you have pictured.  The balcony was on top of the lower level.  I guess it still is because it is back to being a theater full time.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

I'm still not sure how we were able to split with CSUB this year.

Your Gauchos won at home 62-60 in OT. I guess home court advantage was worth two points back in December.

Congrats to Bako on their win tonight. CSUB Athletics Cool logo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

RAMS lost to a team with better players, and a far better coach.  Bakersfield deserved that win.  The officiating was garbage, but it didn't figure in at all.  I see better overall talent coming for CSU, not better than Gian but overall.  It still won't matter if they are player coached.

Thank God spring FB starts tomorrow.:rock::rock::rock:

It was mostly because CSB was shooting lights out from the 3.

kat.jpg