Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sactowndog

Is agreement on healthcare possible?

129 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

It's still 65 unless you are disabled.

I think it's 67 if you are born in a certain year or later.  Probably be 70 by the time I retire.

I would opt out of SS in a second if they would lump sum me.

The lefties can laugh all they want about the struggling gop.    This debate is good.  The problem is that the dem party is too far out there to be part of it.  Now the gop can't act because half the party would make good democrats.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

The lefties can laugh all they want about the struggling gop.    This debate is good.  The problem is that the dem party is too far out there to be part of it.  Now the gop can't act because half the party would make good democrats.

yes, Republicans will end up being the Republicans undoing...not democrats.

22 minutes ago, pokebball said:

It's still 65 unless you are disabled.

You can elect to receive SS at different ages, it just impacts your payout.  Jack is correct that the full retirement age is now 67.

24 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well I think the ACA is smarter than pre ACA and apparently so does the majority in Congress.   

Can we do better than the ACA?  I think most everyone agrees we can and if you cut out the extremists on both sides I think that path can be found.   But that means

1) Trump needs to engage the Democrats and not the Freedom Caucus

2)  The Democrats need to come to the table with a willingness to listen and compromise. Not just maintain the political games we have seen the past years. 

Trump is part of the solution, no doubt.  But it's really the GOP in congress, and particularly the house, that needs to engage the Dems vs the freedom caucus.  Can the house moderates come together?  Unfortunatly, I don't see it from either side.  I hope I'm wrong.

30 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think it's 67 if you are born in a certain year or later.  Probably be 70 by the time I retire.

I would opt out of SS in a second if they would lump sum me.

Social security is 65, 66 or 67 depending on your date of birth.  I think you can apply for medicare only at 65.

15 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

You can elect to receive SS at different ages, it just impacts your payout.  Jack is correct that the full retirement age is now 67.

I wasn't talking SS but rather medicare

50 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

yes, Republicans will end up being the Republicans undoing...not democrats.

You obviously prefer to get a pos crammed down your throat with no debate

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Trump is part of the solution, no doubt.  But it's really the GOP in congress, and particularly the house, that needs to engage the Dems vs the freedom caucus.  Can the house moderates come together?  Unfortunatly, I don't see it from either side.  I hope I'm wrong.

This area is where Trump really does need to lead.  But will he and will Congresspeople grow up.   Hard to believe they will either.