mugtang

One bullet dodged, several more to worry about

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

WA was the program I was most concerned about.  

Which one has you the most concerned now?  

Looks to me like LSU is aiming higher than Muss.  I think Cal will have to hear "no thank you" a few times before we have to worry about that one. 

My optmistc guess is we get at least one more year of Muss ball. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

WA was the program I was most concerned about.  

Which one has you the most concerned now?  

Looks to me like LSU is aiming higher than Muss.  I think Cal will have to hear "no thank you" a few times before we have to worry about that one. 

My optmistc guess is we get at least one more year of Muss ball. 

LSU and Cal both have Muss high on their list. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And Oklahoma State.

I doubt we have to worry about Okie St.  After losing two coaches in two years, I doubt they will hire anyone who will almost assuredly use them as a stepping stone.

Maybe they go for 57 y/o Kermit  Davis, if LSU doesn't snag him first. 

I think Indiana is looking for a splash hire.  I doubt they get Alford but maybe Archie or Marshall. 

LSU has me a little worried.  As does the unknown P5 program who may their coach to Indiana.  

• Like 2

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I doubt we have to worry about Okie St.  After losing two coaches in two years, I doubt they will hire anyone who will almost assuredly use them as a stepping stone.

I think Indiana is looking for a splash hire.  I doubt they get Alford but maybe Archie or Marshall. 

LSU has me a little worried.  As does the unknown P5 program who may their coach to Indiana.  

Muss has mentioned serval times he likes being close to his kids and how it's such a short flight for them to visit. He has no ties to LSU other than being an assisted there for 1 year. It wouldn't make sense to move further away from his sons after gushing about how close they are.

25 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

A good point. Still, I'll be terrified until all P5 openings are filled.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Muss has mentioned serval times he likes being close to his kids and how it's such a short flight for them to visit. He has no ties to LSU other than being an assisted there for 1 year. It wouldn't make sense to move further away from his sons  after gushing about how close they are.

No it wouldn't. And I don't know what LSU would be willing to pay him.  

Maybe I should be more concerned about Cal, but I just don't think he's all that high on their list.  

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

how would Gregg Marshall not be a 'splash hire'?

Alford to Indiana...Marshall to UCLA...I could see that going down.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

how would Gregg Marshall not be a 'splash hire'?

Alford to Indiana...Marshall to UCLA...I could see that going down.

He would be.  

The conversation was about who might go after Muss.  

Barack Obama