BleedRebelRed

Seattle Times: Leon Rice & Musselman top candidates for Washington

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Women aren't some mystical creature. They're just people like you and I.  Go to a bar. Buy a woman a drink.  Talk to her about whatever. 

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I can give that a try, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that my social skills are in the bottom 1-2 percentile.

Can you talk to men without it being awkward?  If so just engage women in the same way, eventually you discover the nuances that differentiate our sexes.  My honest advice would be to find a girl you have no intention of sleeping with and just start kicking it with her.   

• Like 3

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Can you talk to men without it being awkward?  If so just engage women in the same way, eventually you discover the nuances that differentiate our sexes.  My honest advice would be to find a girl you have no intention of sleeping with and just start kicking it with her.   

I think that's good advice.  The only girl that I talk with now is someone who plays tennis where I do.  I think I problem is that I lack confidence and don't feel like I offer much.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I think that's good advice.  The only girl that I talk with now is someone who plays tennis where I do.  I think I problem is that I lack confidence and don't feel like I offer much.

Talk to her the same way you would talk to any guy friend you have.  Imagine her with a dick and just get used to talking to her.  Once you can learn to talk with women like real people you can start to think about getting to know them "better".

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I think your spot on.  Breeding and reproduction should be taken more seriously in this country.  Don't just rush out there.

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

I think your spot on.  Breeding and reproduction should be taken more seriously in this country.  Don't just rush out there.

Regarding reproduction, I personally think it's sad that there's no stigma about having children out of wedlock.  I think 40-45% of children are born out of wedlock.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Seattle Times Sports @SeaTimesSports

Former UCLA coach Steve Lavin has emerged as a candidate to replace Lorenzo Romar at UW, @percyallen reports >> http://st.news/2nzypKo 

WTF?!!!!   I go away for 12 hours and now this thread is about breading an out-of-wedlock birth rates?

Anyway, back on topic...   Lorenzo Romar tried very hard to spread the word a year ago that he had "emerged as a candidate" for the UNLV job, but even at the (UNLV) desperate stage is still seemed like Romar seemed MORE desperate. 

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Regarding reproduction, I personally think it's sad that there's no stigma about having children out of wedlock.  I think 40-45% of children are born out of wedlock.

There are plenty of bastard children running around   

I do believe it is still frowned upon        

Most can't overcome it and end up messed up

33 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

WTF?!!!!   I go away for 12 hours and now this thread is about breading an out-of-wedlock birth rates?

Anyway, back on topic...   Lorenzo Romar tried very hard to spread the word a year ago that he had "emerged as a candidate" for the UNLV job, but even at the (UNLV) desperate stage is still seemed like Romar seemed MORE desperate. 

i knew lavin did that, but i hadn't realized romar showed any interest in unlv.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Seattle Times Sports @SeaTimesSports

Former UCLA coach Steve Lavin has emerged as a candidate to replace Lorenzo Romar at UW, @percyallen reports >> http://st.news/2nzypKo 

Not cool :angry:  Lavin would be a rock star at UCSB

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Because I haven't put that much effort into the like system.  I never thought it was necessary...until now. 

You do a great job moderating this board.

To my knowledge you don't post on the AAC board or at least didn't when I used to participate so I'll tell you this. The Japanese aphorism "the protruding nail gets hammered down" is alive and well at that place and the longtimers who circle jerk each other use the "reputation" system as a means of hammering down dissenters regardless of the merits of their arguments.

So please don't ruin this place by emulating the system used on the AAC board.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You do a great job moderating this board.

To my knowledge you don't post on the AAC board or at least didn't when I used to participate so I'll tell you this. The Japanese aphorism "the protruding nail gets hammered down" is alive and well at that place and the longtimers who circle jerk each other use the "reputation" system as a means of hammering down dissenters regardless of the merits of their arguments.

So please don't ruin this place by emulating the system used on the AAC board.

That's why I don't have the up/down reputation system implemented.  I only removed the option to give yourself a like because ph was liking all his own stuff.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Women aren't some mystical creature. They're just people like you and I.  Go to a bar. Buy a woman a drink.  Talk to her about whatever. 

But think about something to say before you approach her and don't start by saying you want to screw her brains out. I tried that once and it didn't work out so well.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.