NWRebel

OT: BwhyU going down

43 minutes ago, Fido said:

Hey--if your boy Cocky is going to call me out by name, he's going to take crap for it.  Your vigor to defend UNLV is admirable though.  Carry on....:rolleyes:

I'm not defending UNLV lol. All I did was point out the facts. UNLV was garbage this year. There is no denying that. It's just cute how you have to resort to bringing up other programs failings' to make yourself feel better. 

30 minutes ago, Fido said:

Didn't all those guys graduate, declare for the NBA, or transfer AFTER Rice was gone?  Rice was fired January 10, 2016--how long are UNLV fans going to blame him for their crappy season?

That's what i typed. Some reading comprehension would be nice.

It's cause and effect. You can deny it all you want. It seems like you are pretty good with the denial part in general. 

On 3/16/2017 at 1:29 PM, #1Stunner said:

I'm assuming you Brethren aren't Mormon, but "Church Basketball" is played at the local Mormon church gyms.  Basically, no defense, and guys throwing up wild three point shots.  This is how BYU played all year coincidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mormon Church Basketball is popular throughout Wyoming.  Wyoming people love playing basketball, from my experience.  I'm surprised you guys never played Church Basketball at a Mormon Church before.

It is probably popular among the Mormons, but not among the "Gentiles". It's probably the ingrained, sickly-sweet smell of Jello and Funeral Potatoes combined with old sweat...

• Like 2

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Frog eye salad?  Absolutely.  Harmon's makes a good one in their deli.  Fry sauce?  Yep--my favorite is made with bbq sauce instead of ketchup.  Pastrami burgers and scones, you bet.  Still can't say I've had funeral potatoes lately--if it is served at some function I'd grab something else since it is never the only choice.  The green jello with fruit in it?  Haven't seen that in a really, really long time.  It might be a hit with kids, but I don't cook for them much these days since mine are grown and gone--but we never really made it when they were home either.

In fact, here is an interesting read on the jello-Utah connection and it's origins in a marketing campaign to try and boost lagging sales.  http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2012/08/jell_o_and_mormonism_the_stereotype_s_surprising_origins_.html

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

It is probably popular among the Mormons, but not among the "Gentiles". It's probably the ingrained, sickly-sweet smell of Jello and Funeral Potatoes combined with old sweat...

Church Basketball is doctrine and preached, yes.

13 hours ago, Fido said:

Don't be a douche.  Davis had a season ending knee injury on Nov. 26 and had been a starter until then.  Grad transfer L.J. Rose had a meniscus tear in early February.  Bryant had his knee injury right before the NIT.  It left the team not very deep and they had to play the Lone Peak chuckers much more than any of us wanted.

How are all those 5-star UNLV recruits working out for you?  Let me know when your 5-star squad doesn't finish in last place in the MWC.  It must really suck to suck at both football AND basketball, huh.

Classless response as would be expected.  I stand by what I said.  When are you going to compliment the team that whooped your ass in your own house?

Please give us more excuses.  And, when you get a chance to tell us about 5 star recruits we have.  I wasn't aware we had any.

8 hours ago, Fido said:

Hey--if your boy Cocky is going to call me out by name, he's going to take crap for it.  Your vigor to defend UNLV is admirable though.  Carry on....:rolleyes:

I only call out classless acts.  Carry on.

11 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Classless response as would be expected.  I stand by what I said.  When are you going to compliment the team that whooped your ass in your own house?

Please give us more excuses.  And, when you get a chance to tell us about 5 star recruits we have.  I wasn't aware we had any.

Go read again.  I didn't say they lost because of injuries.  I said nobody is surprised to see the season end the way it did because the injuries left the LP chuckers on the floor more than anyone wanted, they take bad shots, and don't play defense--not a good combination.  To help you wrap your brain around it--BYU isn't that good of a team--in spite of beating Gonzaga.  The Gonzaga game is a fluke rather than the standard for this team.

UNLV went from the "prepare thy anus" chest-thumpers to sweeping the floors and turning the lights out after the games and it pains you I can see.  You were piling on BYU at halftime--but I'm the classless one in this scenario.  Right....

11 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I only call out classless acts.  Carry on.

Yeah, that's what you do.  

90731059856c6fad5af0844fd63e2c85_eye-rol

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Kind of like hypocrisy, self-righteousness, and pedophilia?

Wow, some people post about Church Basketball and you get enraged and start throwing out charges of pedophilia out of left field?  You are so angry all the time.

Why you so mad?   Is this because you got in trouble for trying to wear cowboy boots at a Church Basketball game?

59 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow, some people post about Church Basketball and you get enraged and start throwing out charges of pedophilia out of left field?  You are so angry all the time.

Why you so mad?   Is this because you got in trouble for trying to wear cowboy boots at a Church Basketball game?

It's for your safety and others.  Those boots would be too slick on the carpet.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

It's just kind of odd how, wherever mainstream society brushes up against Mormonism, things get cattywampus. Kind of like Scientology...

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

It's just kind of odd how, wherever mainstream society brushes up against Mormonism, things get cattywampus. Kind of like Scientology...

Have you played Scientology Church  Basketball too??  How are their teams?  

We are trying to help you with through your anger.Mainstream society, talking Church Basketball brother.   Release your rage.  It might help.

What other things do you want to get off your chest?   Church Basketball might be the single most healing thing in this planet!  What are your feelings on the refs at Church Basketball?

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Have you played Scientology Church  Basketball too??  How are their teams?  

We are trying to help you with through your anger.Mainstream society, talking Church Basketball brother.   Release your rage.  It might help.

What other things do you want to get off your chest?   Church Basketball might be the single most healing thing in this planet!  What are your feelings on the refs at Church Basketball?

You shouldn't confuse rage with disgust.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
9 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

You shouldn't confuse rage with disgust.

If you would work out your "rage" on the Church Basketball Court, and save your "disgust" for the Refs, you'd be much happier.  

I don't know if I've ever seen a guy that needs Churchball more than you do.  It would be great therapy for you.  But you'd have to accept the rule---no cowboy boots on the wood floor.  It marks the court up, and isn't safe for the other players.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

If you would work out your "rage" on the Church Basketball Court, and save your "disgust" for the Refs, you'd be much happier.  

I don't know if I've ever seen a guy that needs Churchball more than you do.  It would be great therapy for you.  But you'd have to accept the rule---no cowboy boots on the wood floor.  It marks the court up, and isn't safe for the other players.

I don't do anything related to any kind of church... It's just not safe for others...

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I get drunk and go to YoungLife to pick up dumb, pretty girls.  That's about as far as "religion" takes me. 

Cowboy-Church-01-5.jpg