trl87

EWU @ Wyo

Wyo 44-32 at the half. 

FG% 54.3% to 41.4%

3pt 6-10 to 5-14

Rebounds 21 to 15

FT 0-3 to 3-4

Really liking the backseat nature the refs are taking. They've barely inserted themselves. Obviously not MWC refs.

• Like 1

Wyoming playing very relaxed and confident tonight. The complete opposite of that Air Force fiasco in Vegas. Very few turnovers, shooting pretty well, getting contributions from everyone.

Eastern Washington has hit a couple of last second threes that have kept the score within range at halftime.

Been a pretty clean game so far. Neither of these teams are being too aggressive and forcing anything. Refs are doing their part which is nice.

Kind of liking these new NIT rules from what I've seen so far. Nice resetting the fouls after ten minutes. There have been far too many games the past 10 years where teams are in the bonus with 14 minutes left in a half. Free throw shooting contests are boring.

Wyoming up 63-53 with about 10 minutes to play. Eastern Washington may not be the biggest challenged the Pokes have faced all year, but this game might restore some sanity for Wyoming.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Wyoming up 63-53 with about 10 minutes to play. Eastern Washington may not be the biggest challenged the Pokes have faced all year, but this game might restore some sanity for Wyoming.

Win the CBI, it was great for Nevada!

Pokes win 91-81 I believe. Nice game all around for them. Eastern Washington had a couple of ballers that really came to play. Hard to imagine they could do much damage in the Mountain West, even this Mountain West. Just happy that this team is fresh in my memory as opposed to the team that was down 25-0 to Air Force a few days ago.

What the hell was that???

We play again Monday night. Not sure against who yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BodyBagGame said:

Pokes win 91-81 I believe. Nice game all around for them. Eastern Washington had a couple of ballers that really came to play. Hard to imagine they could do much damage in the Mountain West, even this Mountain West. Just happy that this team is fresh in my memory as opposed to the team that was down 25-0 to Air Force a few days ago.

What the hell was that???

We play again Monday night. Not sure against who yet.

Were you there? How many showed up? Hopefully enough to make some $$$$.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Unfortunately I am about 300 miles away from Laramie. Couldn't make this game. Crowd looked really small. But it is spring break and people might be binge watching 'The Bachelor'! 

I don't know the specifics on any financials. Just looking for wins.

Pretty sure this state has a couple of billion dollars just sitting there if you want to talk money. Hard to get people here to realize just a fraction of that would be well spent on UW academics and athletics. Hopefully more people show up Monday night. This Cowboys team isn't that good, but they have played well enough to get some support.

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

Not even close to enough to make any money. Getting down 25-0 in your conference tournament really makes fans not want to show up to your postseason games. Official attendance was only 1,800 people.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

6 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

Not even close to enough to make any money. Getting down 25-0 in your conference tournament really makes fans not want to show up to your postseason games. Official attendance was only 1,800 people.

That's about how many would have come to Viejas had the Aztecs played in the CBI. Not enough ticket revenue to pay for staff, SDPD, electricity, etc.

That said, at least you won.

BTW, does ECU have a red basketball court? And when the hell is Boise going to paint theirs blue? It needs to happen.

Boom goes the dynamite.