UNLV2001

Pac-12

Outside of the big 3 this year the Pac 12 sucks. It will be interesting to see how the Big 3 does in the tournament.

Really basketball in the west is way down right now. The Big West and Big Sky are ranked abnormally low, and the MW is a 1-bid league. I have no idea if it has to do with lack of talent or coaching?

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Outside of the big 3 this year the Pac 12 sucks. It will be interesting to see how the Big 3 does in the tournament.

Really basketball in the west is way down right now. The Big West and Big Sky are ranked abnormally low, and the MW is a 1-bid league. I have no idea if it has to do with lack of talent or coaching?

Has the PAC ever really gone more than 3 or 4 deep (outside of a couple outlier years)? And based on the two PAC jobs opening today, I'd say coaching has a lot to do with it.

18 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Has the PAC ever really gone more than 3 or 4 deep (outside of a couple outlier years)? And based on the two PAC jobs opening today, I'd say coaching has a lot to do with it.

Maybe not at an elite level, but they typically get more than 4 in the tournament (particularly since they have 12 teams).

1 minute ago, bigd said:

Maybe not at an elite level, but they typically get more than 4 in the tournament (particularly since they have 12 teams).

I think there is definitely a consolidation of the elite recruits in UCLA and UA (arguably UW), which could play a factor. I don't think it means there are less recruits, just that less programs are getting the really good ones.

I've got UCLA vs Duke in the championship game in my bracket, with the Blue Devils winning 83-80 (the Coach K factor). 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Colorado falls 79-74 to UCF taking the PAC-12 to 0-3 !!! :lol:

USC is down 15 at halftime to Providence. Make it 0-4. Losses to Cal State Bakersfield, UCF, Providence, and Boise lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So you're saying no MWC is better then UCLA, Arizona, or Oregon?

Obvious statements are obvious. 

It is not obvious yet.  Nevada could still go to the Final Four and UCLA, Arizona and Oregon could crash out in the first round.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

It is not obvious yet.  Nevada could still go to the Final Four and UCLA, Arizona and Oregon could crash out in the first round.

I like you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigd said:

Nevermind, USC actually won.

And the Trojans play SMU next, a team they beat in November.