Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Wolf Pack

On 3/14/2017 at 9:41 PM, ph90702 said:

They might as well replace Nevada with Musselman because their recruiting will die when he's gone.

Even if Musselman left...Rice is an unbelievable recruiter. A lot of the top players at UNLV he recruited. When they fired him...they got  rid of a very talented coach and one of the top recruiters in the country.  It's  ironic to see him coaching  at UNR now...

I think it's going to be a while before   UNLV beats UNR....

I guess Shawntrez Davis is getting out of his LOI, supposedly it was mutual. I have no idea what the actual story is, but I know his numbers have been down this year.

Chris Murray wrote an article today, I guess at this point Malik Ondigo is really the only HS recruit we're targeting and the rest are transfers.

46 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

He's wrong.  North Carolina won the championship, and they have zero transfers on their roster.  Villanova won it in 2016, and none of their top seven players were transfers.  Puke won it in 2015, and none of their rotation players were transfers.  To be an elite program, you must build with high school players.  Please don't regale me with Gonzaga.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He's wrong.  North Carolina won the championship, and they have zero transfers on their roster.  Villanova won it in 2016, and none of their top seven players were transfers.  Puke won it in 2015, and none of their rotation players were transfers.  To be an elite program, you must build with high school players.  Please don't regale me with Gonzaga.

Don't compare a school that has won with one coach to those programs. That's asinine. 

12 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Don't compare a school that has won with one coach to those programs. That's asinine. 

You've reached your peak under Musselman, and now you're going to be paying twice as much for the same results.  He will wear out his welcome shortly, and he's an asshole for chewing out some student assistant because his order was wrong.

14 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You've reached your peak under Musselman, and now you're going to be paying twice as much for the same results.  He will wear out his welcome shortly, and he's an asshole for chewing out some student assistant because his order was wrong.

Actually TJ, then Fox and now Muss. 

And Vegas' coach was hired by McKinley Boston at NMSU. I'm not sure you can get more sleazy than that if you tried.