fbpack

Elijah Brown gone?

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He tripped a Fresno player in his last game. He also elbowed a Boise player. He is also the most annoying flopper in history. Not sure what else he did 

The MWC needs one or two prima donnas so we can have someone to hate and talk about on the boards.  I agree that Brown is a flopper and no doubt he elbowed a Poke player and tripped the Fresno player so he deserves the suspension.  There has been speculation on the Lobos message board that he would be leaving after this season for one reason or another.  

A local sportscaster has made public that he has heard that Brown will be transferring to Cal.  Some Lobos fans are not shedding any tears that he may be leaving.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

We've pretty much known all year that he was going to be a gonner and Neal didn't exactly inspire confidence in him staying a couple weeks ago during a press conference. He's a bit of a douche, but he's a damn good player, I can't really fault him for wanting to go to at least one tourney in his college career.  No hard feelings if he goes.

That said, I'm not going to get on a high horse over his antics. We're already going to be hurting with Williams and Aget gone. I'd love nothing more than to have him back, the bleeding will be even worse without him

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

We've pretty much known all year that he was going to be a gonner and Neal didn't exactly inspire confidence in him staying a couple weeks ago during a press conference. He's a bit of a douche, but he's a damn good player, I can't really fault him for wanting to go to at least one tourney in his college career.  No hard feelings if he goes.

That said, I'm not going to get on a high horse over his antics. We're already going to be hurting with Williams and Aget gone. I'd love nothing more than to have him back, the bleeding will be even worse without him

Meh. He was a damn good player last year. This year it was 50% good 50% bench him. Having him under a beta male coach like Neal was a receipe for disaster. Just like Giddens under Mckay.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Would Elijah Brown even get into the Cal graduate program?  The last two players that I know of who they got as graduate transfers were from Ivy League schools.

I was wondering the same thing. 

Maybe the sportscaster was trying to say,  "cal state Bakersfield" and the mic died. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

Maybe the sportscaster was trying to say,  "cal state Bakersfield" and the mic died. 

Jordan Cornish committed to transfer there and then recommitted.  This was for undergrad, and I don't think he qualified.  I have a feeling that Cuonzo Martin will be gone because Cal is raising their academic standards for athletes.

14 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Jordan Cornish committed to transfer there and then recommitted.  This was for undergrad, and I don't think he qualified.  I have a feeling that Cuonzo Martin will be gone because Cal is raising their academic standards for athletes.

He'll be gone if Illinois wants him.  

Cal isn't that great of a job.  From what I understand. they don't even have a practice facility.  And as you said, it's going to get even tougher for guys to qualify. 

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He'll be gone if Illinois wants him.  

Cal isn't that great of a job.  From what I understand. they don't even have a practice facility.  And as you said, it's going to get even tougher for guys to qualify. 

They tried to get Monty Williams, and he told them he wasn't interested.  Martin would be a perfect fit at Illinois.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He'll probably stay at SMU.  That's now a good job because the conference is reasonable, and the location is a major plus.

If what I was reading is true, Illinois is willing to spend a lot of money for the right guy. 25 mil, multi year deal. I don't see anyone spending that on Jankovich, but Baylor's coach was also mentioned as a possible target as was Cunzo 

Barack Obama

On 3/14/2017 at 3:21 PM, Hoser said:

The MWC needs one or two prima donnas so we can have someone to hate and talk about on the boards.  I agree that Brown is a flopper and no doubt he elbowed a Poke player and tripped the Fresno player so he deserves the suspension.  There has been speculation on the Lobos message board that he would be leaving after this season for one reason or another.  

A local sportscaster has made public that he has heard that Brown will be transferring to Cal.  Some Lobos fans are not shedding any tears that he may be leaving.

Brown averaged 7.1 FTA per game this season. Devin Watson, first team all WCC PG who will play for the Aztecs next season, averaged 7.2 FTA per game for San Francisco last season. I don't know how floppy he is but it looks like you might find your new prima donna to hate ;) 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.