SangerBulldog

WAC and CSU Bakersfield

Interesting enough, The WAC has actually improved quite a bit this year, up to 19th in conference RPI. Ahead of generally respectable 1 bid leagues like The Ivy and CUSA.

For awhile it sat at the bottom with The SWAC and MEAC every year

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Interesting enough, The WAC has actually improved quite a bit this year, up to 19th in conference RPI. Ahead of generally respectable 1 bid leagues like The Ivy and CUSA.

For awhile it sat at the bottom with The SWAC and MEAC every year

Yeah they actually have a decent foundation with NMSU, Bakersfield, and Grand Canyon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah they actually have a decent foundation with NMSU, Bakersfield, and Grand Canyon.

Can they keep it together?  It's way too spread out for a non-football, one bid league.

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Can they keep it together?  It's way too spread out for a non-football, one bid league.

If they get rid of Chicago State and add Cal Baptist, they're actually getting a solid southwestern base. It really isn't all that spread out.

I still don't understand why UMKC left the Summit for the WAC.

• Like 1

That 4 OT game from the previous night took it's toll on Bako. They just ran out of gas in the second half of tonight's game. But they are a very good team and deserve a NIT bid. Good luck to NMSU in the NCAA's.

1 minute ago, crixus said:

That 4 OT game from the previous night took it's toll on Bako. They just ran out of gas in the second half of tonight's game. But they are a very good team and deserve a NIT bid. Good luck to NMSU in the NCAA's.

Damn they lost...

39 minutes ago, bigd said:

If they get rid of Chicago State and add Cal Baptist, they're actually getting a solid southwestern base. It really isn't all that spread out.

They're not going to get rid of Cal Baptist after just adding them. But Chicago State is in deep financial trouble and there have been talks of dropping athletics altogether. I hope not.

29 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Damn they lost...

I watched the game and Bako did well in the first half. But they were totally drained in the last 10 minutes and NM State took advantage of it. The Aggies have 28 wins this season, the most in program history. They beat Bako tonight, 70-60.

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crixus said:

I watched the game and Bako did well in the first half. But they were totally drained in the last 10 minutes and NM State took advantage of it. The Aggies have 28 wins this season, the most in program history. 

No automatic alt text available.

Congrats on that. Too bad for bako

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bigd said:

There's still UMKC, Seattle and UT-Rio Grande Valley (whose interest in football is a question mark).

13 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Alot of mid-tier schools in the west that can be added that would make this a decent conference.

There's been talk of Azusa Pacific (LA County) moving up from D2 and joining the WAC like Cal Baptist is. I feel confident that the WAC will survive. B)

30 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

There's still UMKC, Seattle and UT-Rio Grande Valley (whose interest in football is a question mark).

UTRGV still fits in the southwest, looking at the map it isn't too bad except UMKC (belongs in the Summit) and Chicago State.

wac.png