Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Early Look at MWC Basketball 2017-2018

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He's a good player, but Iowa State will win if they make him try to score the ball.

Man, I thought we were talking about Drew next season.

Reasonable to think Iowa St might take that approach to guarding Drew. He's a smart player. He could still figure out ways to make plays. 

I think the Pack will approach 80 against ISU. Problem is, ISU might approach 90. 

You would think with two 4 star recruits coming Lobo nation would be excited about this coming year but sadly we're not. Good thing Lobo football has us really excited to carry us through the season. At this point we should be looking forward to 25+ win seasons, we'll be lucky to win 15.

28 minutes ago, Spartoon said:

Spartans will be competitive in the MW for the most part, just like this year, as long as Clarke comes back. He'll get some major help down low with Keith Fisher coming in (was supposed to be a part of the team this year but got hurt last year), but they still need a game controlling guard. Nichols/Brown were great at times but incredibly streaky, supposedly Nai Carlisle could be that guy although it's getting awfully tiresome to have to rely on freshmen to carry the workload (unless they're Merrill/McEwen from Utah State, I'd like 6 of them please). They have some dudes, they just need to keep those dudes fresh and not run out of gas by mid-February again. Barring any major roster surprises (tranfers/injuries/suspensions), 16-19 wins seems pretty reasonable for next year.

Why would Clarke not come back?  He's not even close to an NBA player at this point.  His only NBA level skill level at this point is athleticism, and he has no perimeter game.

The Aztecs still have two spots open. I expect a graduate transfer or two.  The Aztecs have a first team all WCC PG transfer, a redshirt 4-star big, and an incoming 4-star 6-6 SF recruit who was offered by USC, Cal, and Boisie State. Hopefully, next year we have better luck with injuries and games decided late. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Lindsey Drew averages 7.4 points per 40 minutes.  That is pretty bad.  Of the UNR players who average 30 minutes or more, the next worst is 16 points per 40 minutes.

You're a complete idiot. 

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He's a good player, but Iowa State will win if they make him try to score the ball.

Read the thread title numbnuts.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why would Clarke not come back?  He's not even close to an NBA player at this point.  His only NBA level skill level at this point is athleticism, and he has no perimeter game.

There's been rumblings that he might look to transfer. Team talent level + home attendance are not what a guy of his caliber could be a part of if he wanted to go find a situation like that. As a junior next year, the ticking clock gets a bit louder for a guy who hasn't experienced a conference tournament win yet (although if he sticks around, next year would look pretty promising for a run in Vegas). It's a bummer, but unfortunately not too surprising a potential reality.

10 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

How can you be an idiot when you state a fact?  Lindsey Drew can't score the basketball.

He has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio an is the highest rated defender in the conference he is a point guard at it's finest

34 minutes ago, fbpack said:

He has a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio an is the highest rated defender in the conference he is a point guard at it's finest

Nice way to change the subject.  That's not what I was arguing.

39 minutes ago, Spartoon said:

There's been rumblings that he might look to transfer. Team talent level + home attendance are not what a guy of his caliber could be a part of if he wanted to go find a situation like that. As a junior next year, the ticking clock gets a bit louder for a guy who hasn't experienced a conference tournament win yet (although if he sticks around, next year would look pretty promising for a run in Vegas). It's a bummer, but unfortunately not too surprising a potential reality.

That makes more sense.  I thought people were saying he was going to the NBA.  I would transfer if I were him.  He could get on with a PAC-12 program.  I believe he's from British Columbia, so I would imagine the West Coast is where he would stay.

46 minutes ago, Spartoon said:

That would really suck, I hope he sticks around.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

How can you be an idiot when you state a fact?  Lindsey Drew can't score the basketball.

He can, he just doesn't have to. The other Nevada players that average 30 minutes are four of the ten best players in the league. Your point is idiotic, lacking in context, and completely off topic.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, AztecBill said:

The Aztecs still have two spots open. I expect a graduate transfer or two.  The Aztecs have a first team all WCC PG transfer, a redshirt 4-star big, and an incoming 4-star 6-6 SF recruit who was offered by USC, Cal, and Boisie State. Hopefully, next year we have better luck with injuries and games decided late. 

Well according to those crazies on Aztec Mesa it was the players that should be held accountable after they recovered from those injuries.  So are they saying the inmates ran the asylum?  If true, not a good sign for Fisher.  He used to be a firm taskmaster, but I think he lost this team.  Will the returning players transfer or will Fisher retire?  If both stay I see trouble on the horizon.      

I think NV will dominate as long as Muss is there.  He knows how to get the missing pieces that he needs via transfers.  I don't know about his recruiting though.  He's also a good game manager. 

5 minutes ago, aztech said:

I think NV will dominate as long as Muss is there.  He knows how to get the missing pieces that he needs via transfers.  I don't know about his recruiting though.  He's also a good game manager. 

He got Cam Oliver and Lindsay Drew. He also got Josh Hall and Ramsey who were good prospects, despite not contributing much this year. He seems to be able to recruit HS players just fine 

59 minutes ago, aztech said:

Well according to those crazies on Aztec Mesa it was the players that should be held accountable after they recovered from those injuries.  So are they saying the inmates ran the asylum?  If true, not a good sign for Fisher.  He used to be a firm taskmaster, but I think he lost this team.  Will the returning players transfer or will Fisher retire?  If both stay I see trouble on the horizon.      

A lot of people say a lot of things.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

21 minutes ago, 15csu2014 said:

I feel like everyone makes too big of a deal about losing key players.. That doesn't mean you're going to take much of or any step back. No one knows how the new guys will perform.

How else are you going to predict? It's a lot easier to use performance of players you've seen than ones you haven't. 

There will be some surprises of some players, but most are pretty predictable. CSU is hard to predict because they are gunna be reliant in so many of these guys. 

And then there is AF that cannot take transfers but lose players before the start of junior year because that is when they have an actual commitment into the military. Prior to day one of junior year they can walk away and owe nothing and have no military commitment. Matt Mooney who left after his freshman year averaged 19points plus this year for his NIT bound USouth Dakota team would have been a junior at the Academy this year. Trey Coggins averaged 18 points for one of the Cal State teams this year would have been a senior.

..GO FALCONS..