thelawlorfaithful

2 bid league

16 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

LOL, can they revoke that?

And give it to the WAC. CS Bako won a 4 OT game last night. Any team that survives that craziness deserves an auto bid whether they win their conference final later today or not. 

1 hour ago, cardrater said:

Well Nevada is now 9-5 against top 100 . 

But we're 0-1 against the Top 50. And that's a killer for any at large hopes. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, crixus said:

And give it to the WAC. CS Bako won a 4 OT game last night. Any team that survives that craziness deserves an auto bid whether they win their conference final today or not. 

The WAC is still around? :shrug: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

The WAC is still around? :shrug: 

Hard to believe, but they're still hanging in there. They even added another team for next season (Cal Baptist). I hope the WAC hangs on for old times sake. Here's their conference final. I want Bako to win, it's a Cali thing dude. B)

RHWA-pzS_bigger.jpeg
3.11.17 / 8 P.M. PT
NM State
CSU Bakersfield

NM State
VS CSU Bakersfield
TV: ESPNU
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That is NIT status.  At best.

That's RPI too.

Kenpom looks uglier.

Top 100: 5-4  (Only 1 top 100 Kenpom opponent in OOC)

L #13 St Marys

L #100  FSU

W #78 SDSU

L #100 FSU

W #96 BSU

L #78 SDSU

W #96 BSU

W #82 CSU

W #100 FSU

Reno can't lost tomorrow if they want to go dancing.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

9 hours ago, bitteraztec said:

I don't think the conference gets two bids in its weakest season.

Of course not. As said above, the OP is nervous as a church mouse. The point is moot though because as the Reb said, the late emotional game + use of just 7 players the last two days is going to destroy any chance of CSU winning.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 hours ago, crixus said:

Hard to believe, but they're still hanging in there. They even added another team for next season (Cal Baptist). I hope the WAC hangs on for old times sake. Here's their conference final. I want Bako to win, it's a Cali thing dude. B)

RHWA-pzS_bigger.jpeg
3.11.17 / 8 P.M. PT
NM State
CSU Bakersfield

NM State
VS CSU Bakersfield
TV: ESPNU

Cal Baptist? WTF? I live in SoCal and travel on business annually to NorCal and CentCal and have never heard of that school.

Might watch their title game however. For a little school in a crap town, CSUB has a good hoops program and if the BigLots had a clue, they'd add them.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Cal Baptist? WTF? I live in SoCal and travel on business annually to NorCal and CentCal and have never heard of that school.

Might watch their title game however. For a little school in a crap town, CSUB has a good hoops program and if the BigLots had a clue, they'd add them.

Probably, because just a few years ago, they were just a sleepy little college of 900 in Riverside in the NAIA.  Now they are in the third year of D2 (which is why they can't join the WAC till 2019 due to needing to be at least 4 years in D2) and a college of over 9,000 and building like crazy include a new $73 million arena with 6k of seating.  They are flushed with cash and doing very well in the D2 athletics.    This is a pretty good get for the WAC.  UC-Riverside sure isn't happy about them moving up because they won't be able to compete with them.  

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I got an avatar that says Nevada is getting in either way. Any takers?

I don't know what the committee will decide if you guys lose today, but the Pack are sincerely a good team right now and they pass the eyeball test for sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I got an avatar that says Nevada is getting in either way. Any takers?

What the hell, no takers? Everyone talking shit, saying there's absolutely no way but no one has stepped up to risk a measly little avatar?

Image result for make my day meme

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Probably, because just a few years ago, they were just a sleepy little college of 900 in Riverside in the NAIA.  Now they are in the third year of D2 (which is why they can't join the WAC till 2019 due to needing to be at least 4 years in D2) and a college of over 9,000 and building like crazy include a new $73 million arena with 6k of seating.  They are flushed with cash and doing very well in the D2 athletics.    This is a pretty good get for the WAC.  UC-Riverside sure isn't happy about them moving up because they won't be able to compete with them.  

Don't they own like the longest losing streak in college basketball history?