Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Airport Check-in

On 3/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, Joe from WY said:

I flew on that +++++er one time. Alaska/Horizon from Great Falls to Seattle with a stop in Helena. Actually was the first leg on a long trip to Beirut. 

horizon.jpg

A prop plane.  How fitting.

Since it's not a jet, does it run on diesel?

On 3/9/2017 at 1:19 PM, wolfpack1 said:

I try to avoid LAX at all costs if flying into Southern Cal

That horseshoe always seems to be packed.

I have no choice.  When I'm in SoCal, I live 20-mins south of LAX.  So I virtually have no choice.  Long Bch is the only other viable option, but has VERY FEW flts.

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

A prop plane.  How fitting.

Since it's not a jet, does it run on diesel?

the boise plane flys on donkey urine.i think the sdsu plane flys on taco sauce.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:11 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Long Beach airport is awesome. They just drop your ass off at the curb and there's a Hawaiian guy guarding  everyones luggage under a tarp.

The retro art deco design of the Long Beach Airport made it perfect to double as the Miami airport for the historical period film "Catch Me If You Can."

1 hour ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

107 ° in San Vegas right now bro.

pfft. sweater weather. it's going to be 120 an hour north of vegas on tuesday and wednesday. toasty. but by the next tuesday it will cool down to 111. it's all good.

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

That horseshoe always seems to be packed.

I have no choice.  When I'm in SoCal, I live 20-mins south of LAX.  So I virtually have no choice.  Long Bch is the only other viable option, but has VERY FEW flts.

Yes I can see that. Usually when I fly into Southern Cal, I am closer to John Wayne so fly into that but every so often it has been LAX. I just take a deep breath and get through it there.

15 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

pfft. sweater weather. it's going to be 120 an hour north of vegas on tuesday and wednesday. toasty. but by the next tuesday it will cool down to 111. it's all good.

Yeah, well ur a big poopyhead! So there!

12667677.jpeg

On 6/18/2017 at 6:29 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

By California standards Fresno's airport is highly unimpressive. However the Spartan who posted that photo must have gotten it from the same I Hate Fresno website where Dre got his Welcome to Fresno photo because as unimpressive as the place is, it sure isn't that bad.

Fresno is what it is and always will be: A city that a bunch of residents who were descended from Okies turned into a slice of home and just love.

That wasn't even the correct airport.

4goFRHH.png

It's certainly nothing all that special, but it's decent enough. 

1 hour ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Sky Harbor(Phoenix) is a tough airport to land a commercial jet. The crosswinds make it difficult for a comfortable landing.

You're telling me. One of the bumpiest landings I've ever had occurred there.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Sky Harbor(Phoenix) is a tough airport to land a commercial jet. The crosswinds make it difficult for a comfortable landing.

You're telling me.  Scariest incident I ever had.  We were in the process of landing in Phoenix and another plane, also landing, came in right over the top of us.  Fortunately a near miss.  We aborted the landing and re-circled the airport.

Guest Dr. Dre
15 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

14 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're telling me. One of the bumpiest landings I've ever had occurred there.

3 minutes ago, SpartaRick said:

You're telling me.  Scariest incident I ever had.  We were in the process of landing in Phoenix and another plane, also landing, came in right over the top of us.  Fortunately a near miss.  We aborted the landing and re-circled the airport.

I've flown through Phoenix a thousand times at all different hours of the day and in all seasons. I've never had a sketchy landing, DIA? Whole 'nother story.

I call bullshit to all the Boise St gear sightings all over the world.  I've not seen any in the past week while traveling through DIA (Denver), IAH (Houston), Sao Paulo (GRU and CHS (twice)) and Belo Horizonte, Brazil (twice).  I've only seen one old guy wearing a Texas Longhorns shirt once in the CGH airport in Sao Paulo...no other US college gear here.  Come to think of it, I've never seen ANY Boise St gear in any airport EVER.