mugtang

Obama 2015 - Slaves were immigrants who dreamed of a better life

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You don't like wild duck?  I love duck in red curry.

I know your you're a legendary Idaho outdoorsman but I grew up on the Finger Lakes in New York and have had more goddamn ducks, and duck recipes, dropped on my doorstep than I care to remember. When acquaintances would grace me, I would say "thank you". When it was a good friend, I'd say "phuck you!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

I know your you're a legendary Idaho outdoorsman but I grew up on the Finger Lakes in New York and have had more goddamn ducks, and duck recipes, dropped on my doorstep than I care to remember. When acquaintances would grace me, I would say "thank you". When it was a good friend, I'd say "phuck you!"

You are spot on with tofu though.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

One question: What is a "breakfast burger"? Does such an item (sounds delicious) actually exist, or have you gone full Trump now?

Full Trump? Uh, not even close. I take it you are a bit young? It's from Pulp Fiction. "Hamburger. The cornerstone to any nutritious breakfast." 

• Like 1

There was nothing wrong with what Carson was trying to say. He tried to make the same nuanced point obama made but he couldn't pull it off because he's an idiot. I haven't read the other thread, but I don't think Carson is a racist or an Uncle Tom necessarily. He's just incredibly bad at talking. Obama is careful not to equate slavery with immigration while still making his point. Carson is not careful in the least and winds up saying something embarrassing, which I doubt he intended. That's fine is you're just yammering on with your buddies in the bar, but it worries people when you're in charge of policy. 

The entire trump administration seems to have similar issues.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I was originally making a joke that those institutions always give someone from the left the benefit of the doubt but rarely to a conservative. 

The Hillary remark is that I do think there is a large percentage of people that are turned off by the media, Hollywood and academia being too PC and actively supporting dems.  I can't put a percentage on how much they hurt Hillary. She was her own worst enemy. But I don't think they helped her very much and I know they turned off a lot of people. Actors are good at make believe. People want to see them do that and not lecture us on how to live. 

Agreed unless it is Emma Watson lecturing me on her feminist breasts.  She can do that all day.

• Like 1

Slaves were involuntary migrants. "Immigrants" implies some kind of voluntary action in colloquial use IMO, and use of the word is pretty misplaced no matter who is saying it.

It was the defense of the words of Carson at face value by certain posters that utilized racialized rhetoric that caused the "meltdown" in the other thread more than his actual comments really

• Like 2
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

So where is MissHissyFit and the rest of the liberal crew that were making such a big deal about Ben Carson the other day? I guess when a liberal does the same thing as a conservative it just gets ignored by them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

There was nothing wrong with what Carson was trying to say. He tried to make the same nuanced point obama made but he couldn't pull it off because he's an idiot. I haven't read the other thread, but I don't think Carson is a racist or an Uncle Tom necessarily. He's just incredibly bad at talking. Obama is careful not to equate slavery with immigration while still making his point. Carson is not careful in the least and winds up saying something embarrassing, which I doubt he intended. That's fine is you're just yammering on with your buddies in the bar, but it worries people when you're in charge of policy. 

The entire trump administration seems to have similar issues.

"It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. It certainly wasn't easy for those of African heritage who didn't come here voluntarily and yet in their own way, were immigrants themselves."

So Obama didn't equate it to slaves, because he used 9 different words that means exactly what a slave was, but didn't actually use the word slave?

They said the same thing. It just sounds better to you because it came from Obama's lips.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

45 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Slaves were involuntary migrants. "Immigrants" implies some kind of voluntary action in colloquial use IMO, and use of the word is pretty misplaced no matter who is saying it.

It was the defense of the words of Carson at face value by certain posters that utilized racialized rhetoric that caused the "meltdown" in the other thread more than his actual comments really

No it doesn't moron.

The media told you what to think and you buy it hook line and sinker.  Obama says the same thing but the media tells you different and you are fine with it.

You're a brainwashed idiot unable to think for yourself.

Migrants and immigrant are the same thing you fucking retard.

mi·grant
ˈmīɡrənt/
noun

1. 1.
    a worker who moves from place to place to do seasonal work.
    synonyms: immigrant, emigrant; More

2. 2.
    an animal that migrates.
adjective

1. 1.
    tending to migrate or having migrated.
    "migrant birds"
    synonyms: traveling, wandering, drifting, nomadic, roving, roaming, itinerant, vagrant, transient
    "migrant workers"

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

No it doesn't moron.

The media told you what to think and you buy it hook line and sinker.  Obama says the same thing but the media tells you different and you are fine with it.

You're a brainwashed idiot unable to think for yourself.

The media never told me that immigration implies voluntary action (at least not consciously), my experiences with the word in conversation and writing do. Usually when migration is involuntary other nouns are utilized, such as "transported prisoner", or "refugee", and adjectives such as "trafficked" or "transported" rather than "immigrated" are employed.

Both Carson and Obama used the word incorrectly. 

Unfortunately you are incapable of comprehending nuance and are only capable of launching failed ad hominem attacks, which makes you the laughing stock of this board, and generally, life. Ha, Ha, indeed. 

• Like 1

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

2 hours ago, SFtoVA said:

I'm pretty much a rookie at MWC Board, but is 6 pages a meltdown? I would think it needs to be in double-digits before it really gets heated. Could be wrong.

It's all about quality here...quantity is for show.

• Like 1

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

6 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

The media never told me that immigration implies voluntary action (at least not consciously), my experiences with the word in conversation and writing do. Usually when migration is involuntary other nouns are utilized, such as "transported prisoner", or "refugee", and adjectives such as "trafficked" or "transported" rather than "immigrated" are employed.

Both Carson and Obama used the word incorrectly. 

Unfortunately you are incapable of comprehending nuance and are only capable of launching failed ad hominem attacks, which makes you the laughing stock of this board, and generally, life. Ha, Ha, indeed. 

Actually you used the word incorrectly moron, they mean exactly the same thing.

Plus you call Carson a racist for his use of the word but in Obama's case he just used it wrong.    The only racist is you.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

Actually you used the word incorrectly moron, they mean exactly the same thing.

Migration simply means movement, and a migrant is one who migrates. Immigrants from Canada in 1980, slaves locked like sardines in the bottom of a ship hold in 1750, and Mexicans crossing the border last year for seasonal work are all migrating by nature of their movement into a new land to live. "Immigrant" on the other hand implies intentionality or agency in that migration colloquially. 

Arguing semantics with you is really quite boring, although there is some perverse joy in waiting to see what straw man you come up with next. Your fallacious method of argumentation is quite hilarious at times in a sad way. Arguing with you is like blocking a small child's shot on the basketball court. It's funny at first, but then you feel bad for swatting away an underdeveloped mind. Continue though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Migration simply means movement, and a migrant is one who migrates. Immigrants from Canada in 1980, slaves locked like sardines in the bottom of a ship hold in 1750, and Mexicans crossing the border last year for seasonal work are all migrating by nature of their movement into a new land to live. "Immigrant" on the other hand implies intentionality or agency in that migration colloquially. 

Arguing semantics with you is really quite boring, although there is some perverse joy in waiting to see what straw man you come up with next. Your fallacious method of argumentation is quite hilarious at times in a sad way. Arguing with you is like blocking a small child's shot on the basketball court. It's funny at first, but then you feel bad for swatting away an underdeveloped mind. Continue though. 

You can highlight it, turn it red, post dictionary definitions and an IRL like you has no problem lying about it.

Nothing like proving you are a partisan hack.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You can highlight it, turn it red, post dictionary definitions and an IRL like you has no problem lying about it.

Nothing like proving you are a partisan hack.

Partisan how? I criticized both Carson and Obama for usage of "immigrant", although I believe neither of them had any racist intent with their statements. On the other hand, ahistorical references to Africa as a "Stone Age society" as use for the justification of the enslavement, rape, and murder of millions is probably one of the most racist things I have ever read on here. It retroactively, yet directly supports systems of atrocity imposed on others based on biological conceptions of racial difference. In Paul Ryan's words, the textbook definition of a racist comment. 

Nice touch on the "partisan" strawman though. Keep working. What's next? 

[IMG]

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

"It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. It certainly wasn't easy for those of African heritage who didn't come here voluntarily and yet in their own way, were immigrants themselves."

So Obama didn't equate it to slaves, because he used 9 different words that means exactly what a slave was, but didn't actually use the word slave?

They said the same thing. It just sounds better to you because it came from Obama's lips.

It sounds better because he chose his words carefully.

this is a stupid argument.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Partisan how? I criticized both Carson and Obama for usage of "immigrant", although I believe neither of them had any racist intent with their statements. On the other hand, ahistorical references to Africa as a "Stone Age society" as use for the justification of the enslavement, rape, and murder of millions is probably one of the most racist things I have ever read on here. It retroactively, yet directly supports systems of atrocity imposed on others based on biological conceptions of racial difference. In Paul Ryan's words, the textbook definition of a racist comment. 

Nice touch on the "partisan" strawman though. Keep working. What's next? 

Really get tired of repeating over and over the same shit so this is it.

You call everyone including Carson racist in one thread but Obama said the same thing he just made a mistake.

Then you claim migrant is different then immigrant which is obviously wrong.  When caught with your failed basic english, you claim you said migrate which you didn't.  Which is documented.

You are nothing more then a media brainwashed partisan hack.   The media told you it was bad so you went off the reservation calling everyone racists.   When it became hard to hold that position because your hero said the same thing you post bullshit like the above trying to squirm out of your obvious partisanship.

I should ask what's next but that is obvious.  You will call me stupid, call me racist, claim I am wrong, post no proof and no evidence.   The same thing you do in every thread because you are always hobbled by your lack of experience, judgement and education.