mugtang

Obama 2015 - Slaves were immigrants who dreamed of a better life

Man. That sure sounds almost identical to something Dr Carson said yesterday. 

Was anybody outraged then? Just curious. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

There's quite a bit of difference between what Carson said and Obama said. The preface and qualifications from Obama establish that very important context. 

• Like 2

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 minute ago, Jwherb said:

There's quite a bit of difference between what Carson said and Obama said. The preface and qualifications from Obama establish that very important context. 

Obama is a much better speaker with better speech writers than Carson.  Listening to both clips, the message sounded very similar. Obamas was just delivered more eloquently. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, SFtoVA said:

When did two wrongs become a right?

It'd be easy for me to say that Obama misspoke, but I will not do that. Immigration requires voluntary motivation. Slaves were not immigrants.

Obama was wrong on that statement.

Obviously two wrongs don't make a right. But we have 6 pages of meltdown hysteria over what Doctor Carson said. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Obviously two wrongs don't make a right. But we have 6 pages of meltdown hysteria over what Doctor Carson said. 

I'm pretty much a rookie at MWC Board, but is 6 pages a meltdown? I would think it needs to be in double-digits before it really gets heated. Could be wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SFtoVA said:

I'm pretty much a rookie at MWC Board, but is 6 pages a meltdown? I would think it needs to be in double-digits before it really gets heated. Could be wrong.

I would say that thread was pretty heated but that's just my opinion.  Anyway, my point stands that the left had a massive fit over what Dr Carson which is hilarious as Obama said the near exact same thing (although his was more polished). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Oh sure, now you guys want to consider context!

• Like 6

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I would say that thread was pretty heated but that's just my opinion.  Anyway, my point stands that the left had a massive fit over what Dr Carson which is hilarious as Obama said the near exact same thing (although his was more polished). 

Well, that's what separates the winners from the losers. Attention to detail is the endgame. Obama had the benefit of the doubt, president Comb-over hasn't reached that level yet. IMO, never will.

• Like 1

Can't make this shit up. Spin will be out in full force to defend obomber as if what he's saying is actually any different.

• Like 4

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

8 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Why don't you just keep your damn opinion to yourself and STFU!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Yes sir. I spoke out of line. I should have referenced the depth chart before I said anything. My bad.

He wasn't being serious.  At least I don't think so...

• Like 1

Was that thread even about what Carson said? Shit, what Carson said was funny because it came off so poorly. Posters trying to justify Carson's words at face value is where that thread got into a pissing match.

• Like 1

Just now, NVGiant said:

Was that thread even about what Carson said? Shit, what Carson said was funny because it came off so poorly. Posters trying to justify Carson's words at face value is where that thread got into a pissing match.

There were a couple of posters who threw a shit fit. I even tried to justify what he said and then had somebody blow up on me.  Not going to name names obviously....

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

So now you guys don't want to talk about context?  Shyt, I can't keep up.

• Like 2

Carson: "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships who worked even longer and even harder for less...(dreamed for their children, etc, to one day prosper in this nation "

Obama: "It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. It certainly wasn't easy for those of African heritage who didn't come here voluntarily and yet in their own way, were immigrant themselves...(Discriminated against they found faith and inspiration that here in America they might build a better life. "

media Obama: Wow, what a great leader. His voice makes me melt.

media Carson: (My screenshot of recommended videos after this one finished, lol.)

"Carson calls slaves immigrants! HUGE ISSUE!"

LKY815e.png

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.