nvspuds

Wichita State

3 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I just saw a crawl at the bottom of the CBS Sports Network broadcast that stated Wichita St. is under serious evaluation to join the AAC....

Oh no, here it comes :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:....Hair T is just phucking up again, not being proactive. 

• Like 3

Just a guess..UCONN may keep their football in the AAC and Wichita ( who doesn't currently field a football team) would just come on to take UCONN's place for OLY sports..

The Shockers are closer to schools like Tulsa and the Texas Schools than there are to SDSU and Fresno.

Remember when WSU wanted MWC membership and Thompson balked?

• Like 5

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Some assumptions there Mug..Thompson has the power to just veto anything?

Is it possible Wichita was not all that interested in the MW?

Would the by laws have to be amended to allow an OLY sports only invitation?

Wouldn't that have to be approved by every school?  

Would Wichita been down with sending the tennis team or any of their non revenue sports all the way to Fresno?

• Like 1

UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, WSU, SMU, Tulsa, etc...that's one hell of a basketball conference.

Navy's CBS deal ends in 2019. Adding WSU hoops and Navy football to the ESPN deal could REALLY help in negotiations as our contract is up in 2020. (quickly approaching)

• Like 2

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Isn't UCONN leaving for the BE?

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-uconn-big-east-0216-20170215-story.html

"There is no truth to the rumors and reports that UConn has had discussions with the Big East Conference for possible membership," Benedict said in a statement. "UConn is having great success as a member of the American Athletic Conference and will continue to do so in the future. This past Monday night was a prime example of that, as our women's basketball team won its 100th consecutive game before a sold-out Gampel Pavilion and a national television audience. The game was the highest-rated college basketball game on ESPN2 this season — men's or women's.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-uconn-men-notebook-memphis-0217-20170216-story.html

I've been in touch with [UConn president] Susan Herbst and David Benedict throughout and they've been very loyal to the American. This [staying] makes perfect sense for them, because we're a big-time football conference and they need a home for football in addition to basketball, and we're not far away in basketball. We're going to be a good league. Yes, some of the rivalries still have to develop — but they will.

"I'm glad David came out with a statement. I think that was helpful. It doesn't help UConn or the conference when rumors like that start."

rothstein wa run off from CBS and now comes up with clickbait rumors...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

44 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Would Wichita been down with sending the tennis team or any of their non revenue sports all the way to Fresno?

There was an article where the WSU administration said they wanted to join the AAC or MWC, and Thompson publically stated that we had no interest. He said we only want members with football. 

57 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I don't deal in facts.  Only hyperbole. 

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I just saw a crawl at the bottom of the CBS Sports Network broadcast that stated Wichita St. is under serious evaluation to join the AAC....

Lol! Is Hairball an incompetent boob or what?

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Remember when WSU wanted MWC membership and Thompson balked?

Washington State? Gee, they BELONG in the MWC but I didn't know Cougar sports are so awful that even Hairball didn't want them.

Oh and for those who think Thompson doesn't call the shots, guess again. History shows his spineless bosses do anything he says.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

So you would cool sending your non revenue sports to Wichta?  My guess is even if Thompson got down on his knees and begged the presidents to take Wichita St they would laugh in his face..

The MW tv deals would not be better with WSU and the costs of adding a school way far away over rides any possible bump in basketball RPI.  What happens if WSU basketball falls off? 

I can't believe the AAC is contemplating this at all..