BroncoOrange

Trump wears flight jacket/admiral's cap: Liberals freak out

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The difference today, as opposed to say just 10yrs ago, is how this stuff goes viral on social media and the internet.  We've got a whole page on it now on this website.  This stupid shyt gets so much more traction than it use to get and it turns more people off than it ever had before.

Really, who the hell cares?

I agree due to social media we have outrage about everything all the time. Its not a big deal everyone feels they have a voice and many choose to express it about stupid things. Sometimes media decides to write a story about the outrage on SM about a certain event. It doesn't mean it is anything more than a writer being lazy and looking for an easy story.

I agree. Who cares.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It actually looked like USAToday explicitly went looking for the outrage. 

I'm sure there were tweets the other way, defending President Trump.  They didn't include those tweets.... I wonder why?

This is what the mainstream news is becoming.   More "Breitbart'ish" every day.  Choosing to publish "agenda" news, in order to cater to their "true believer" readers, one way or the other.

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The difference today, as opposed to say just 10yrs ago, is how this stuff goes viral on social media and the internet.  We've got a whole page on it now on this website.  This stupid shyt gets so much more traction than it use to get and it turns more people off than it ever had before.

Really, who the hell cares?

The "true believers" care.  

Also, I think this thread is more of a discussion on media bias, than on Donald Trump.

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm sure there were tweets the other way, defending President Trump.  They didn't include those tweets.... I wonder why?

This is what the mainstream news is becoming.   More "Breitbart'ish" every day.  Choosing to publish "agenda" news, in order to cater to their "true believer" readers, one way or the other.

Is it catering to their "true belivers" or chasing the almighty nickle?  Same thing perhaps.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I'm not talking about just the POTUS election.  I'm talking about US House, US Senate, State houses, governorships, etc.

Trump for Christ's sake.  The Dems couldn't beat Trump!

um...neither could the Republicans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BroncoOrange said:

Stories like this are the reason people on the right can't stand the media. They are actually doing damage to their cause for writing garbage like this. How is this worthy of being posted on USA Today's front web page?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/03/02/trump-flight-jacket-hat-veterans/98651396/?hootPostID=652817a006c8cf981c6cab65015e4275

Your interpretation of this is biased. You have no idea whether whoever wrote that is a liberal or a conservative. What this is is just shit journalism. It doesn't have to be some nefarious liberal plot. It's the same shit journalism that brought you the Obama coffee cup salute outrage. I worked for Gannett early in my career. Trust me when I say they peddle in cheap journalism, not liberal bias.

Edit: I just checked. I didn't see it on USA Today's front page.

Edit again: I did see their main story is about the Biden divorce filing. So you know, great journalism there. 

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

You see articles like this all the time everywhere. Including right wing publications. Its an easy story. Show something that makes people upset on twitter and show the twitter reactions. Easy story. I thought Trump looked silly but so does every other president that does something similar. They all do it. No big deal.

These stories are annoying but I see them all over everyone does them. They are almost as annoying as stories/posts saying "This is why the Dems lost."

Good post. Not everyone does this, though. I doubt you will see a mention of it in the New York Times, Washington Post, Economist, Wall Street Journal, or other high-quality news sources. (Though I would kill to see The Economist take a 3,000-word stab at this gem of a news story. LOL.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

no, they went looking for 'clicks'...that's their thing.

It's a blog. That's its purpose. Looks like they succeeded in cultivating outrage on both sides, which means more clicks. Yay! Liberal bias my ass.

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

lol, it's like you went looking for outrage...

:lol:Seriously? That's all the Dems have been doing since Trump took office, including yourself and all the other liberal posters on here. I just happened to be readying USA Today, like I do most days and saw the article. GTFO of here with that the whole looking for outrage BS.

4 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

And let's not forget Dim presidential nominee Mike Dukakis!

dukakis_tank_2_c.jpg

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/dukakis-and-the-tank-099119

That's what the image of President Gear Queer reminded me of from yesterday's photo op. That was the last time I voted R in a presidential election, BTW.

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It actually looked like USAToday explicitly went looking for the outrage. 

I agree. But IMO that was their point - that there are vets who were offended by Side Show Don. Given his rich record of dissing those who serve our country, I'd think it would be more of a story if there weren't at least some vets voicing at least a little cynicism.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is either way. :shrug: He's neither the first nor the last president to play the CIC card on deck while playing dress up at the same time.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They are highly forgetful.  It's due to all the drugs they use.  That, and they aren't very bright. 

The best drug users are always conservatives. Just ask a Mormon, but not when another is around. (I kid, I kid, @roswellcoug)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

:lol:Seriously? That's all the Dems have been doing since Trump took office, including yourself and all the other liberal posters on here. I just happened to be readying USA Today, like I do most days and saw the article. GTFO of here with that the whole looking for outrage BS.

And that's all conservatives did for eight years before that. Buckle up. It's going to be a long ride. Best not read shit news. It will help.