Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Chemtrails

Chemtrails!

Contrail.fourengined.arp.jpg

What are Chemtrails?

Chemtrails are the theory that airplanes are being used to disperse biological, chemical, or radiological agents into the atmosphere. The term is a portmanteau of another portmanteau: condensation + trail = contrail, chemical contrail ->chemtrail.

What are the aims of chemtrails? Who is behind them?

Chemtrails are, in general, made by The Powers That Be, or The Shadow Government, or whatever secret group wants to hold power. The aims are varied, as not a lot is known (or "known") about chemtrails. They could be releasing biological agents into the atmosphere, to cause any number of issues - from infertility to a plague. They could be responsible for the bees dying (a conspiracy staple, by the way). They could be releasing chemicals that injure people to reduce worldwide population. Another theory is that they are there to change the climate - promoting global warming to act as a ruse to get government control over your carbon production and therefore acting as a backdoor into your life, or something as benign as cloud seeding.

Why are chemtrails popular?

Look outside. You can probably see contrails. Look outside tomorrow. You can probably see contrails again, but they probably look different - longer, shorter, wavier, wider, whatever. This leads people to think that contrails are different from "chemtrails" as if there has to be a difference between contrails that look different. 

The climate stuff is actually borne by science - after 9/11, temperatures in the US took a steep hike due to the lack of contrails reflecting sunlight. We actually do seed clouds. So, rationally, if someone wanted to do something like that on the down low, why not use something as ubiquitous as passenger planes to do it?

Furthermore, plane gas is leaded. Lead is a real, known, dangerous neurotoxin. If we are willing to have lead sprayed on us, why not other stuff too?

All right guys, I'm going to be a little different than @thelawlorfaithful. I'll let you guys discuss, bring more points on, and ultimately my own personal debunking of chemtrails.

This one might be a bit smaller on my side than Dyaltov pass. For one, it's entirely speculative - there's no "Chem trail incident investigation". Furthermore, the Dyaltov pass is one of the most well documented "rabbit holes" around - which is part of why it is so popular, there is a lot of unexplainable stuff. Chemtrails lack concrete evidence in the same way - or, to believers, in the time since Dyaltov the government has gotten far better at information control, management, and misinformation. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Well Mr. Camper, do you have any evidence that clouds are not, in fact, evil?

And if airplanes do, in fact, reduce global warming, why are we not flying them in greater numbers?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is lead really being sprayed on us?

Yes. Jet gas is leaded. It wasn't until the '70s that we weren't just inundated with lead everywhere with leaded gasoline. Industry guys got scientists with poor ethics to argue that the level of lead occurring was natural. It wasn't, and we effectively brain damaged an entire generation. 

Stuff like this makes stuff like chemtrails seem, if not believable, at least plausible. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes. Jet gas is leaded. It wasn't until the '70s that we weren't just inundated with lead everywhere with leaded gasoline. Industry guys got scientists with poor ethics to argue that the level of lead occurring was natural. It wasn't, and we effectively brain damaged an entire generation.

Stuff like this makes stuff like chemtrails seem, if not believable, at least plausible. 

So it wasn't just the decade of lsd followed by another where they assumed cocaine was like vitamins?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:19 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Why do planes sometimes leave contrails and other times do not?

They usually start forming at specific altitudes.  Is that where you are going with the question?

15 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

They usually start forming at specific altitudes.  Is that where you are going with the question?

I was seriously asking. Much of science is like magic to me. 

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

3 days and no sign of @happycamper. I think he went a little too deep down the rabbit hole and the powers that be got to him.

The 2 year old that is the power that is in my life definitely got to me this weekend. I'll debrief tomorrow. 

On 3/2/2017 at 1:20 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I see two contrails right now. One is definitely skinnier than the other, and dissipating much more rapidly.

That happens. It's "proof" of chemtrail vs contrails - supposedly, chemtrails stay for a while. 

On 3/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

So it wasn't just the decade of lsd followed by another where they assumed cocaine was like vitamins?

Maybe the LSD and cocaine were caused by the brain damage?

On 3/2/2017 at 11:19 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Why do planes sometimes leave contrails and other times do not?

Lots of reasons without going down the rabbit hole.

First, all hydrocarbon powered planes leave contrails. They're just what happens when the exhaust - of which water is a big component - is cooled at altitude. It's an artificial cloud. The giant cloud you see behind a space shuttle (saw, I guess) is one gigantic contrail, really. 

Second, some plans just aren't going to leave very big contrails because they are propeller planes. Contrails are caused by a ton of hot water vapor being ejected. Propeller planes eject water vapor out of their exhaust pipe, but not as concentrated and not ejected as forcefully as a jet.

Third, the humidity can matter. If it's humid, that water vapor is going to form little water droplets more readily, which are visible as a contrail.

Fourth, the angle, the elevation, and the distance. My dad ALWAYS points to different "sizes" of contrails, how long contrails last, etc as proof that some are chemtrails and some are contrails. Really this is a fun refuge, but it is easily debunked. When you're looking at a contrail, you have next to no idea how big the plane is - how much exhaust it is spewing, how high it is, its angle relative to you, and its distance from you. It is just making a cloud. You can look at two contrails, and because the sky is featureless, you just sort of assume they are by each other. That is wrong. One could be from a 747 going east at 600 miles an hour, at 8 miles of altitude and 70 miles from you while another is from a little Cessna citation going 500 miles an hour directly at you at a 5 mile altitude about 10 miles away. These contrails are going to look hugely different but you're going to have next to no way of verifying the differences.

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

That happens. It's "proof" of chemtrail vs contrails - supposedly, chemtrails stay for a while. 

Maybe the LSD and cocaine were caused by the brain damage?

Lots of reasons without going down the rabbit hole.

First, all hydrocarbon powered planes leave contrails. They're just what happens when the exhaust - of which water is a big component - is cooled at altitude. It's an artificial cloud. The giant cloud you see behind a space shuttle (saw, I guess) is one gigantic contrail, really. 

Second, some plans just aren't going to leave very big contrails because they are propeller planes. Contrails are caused by a ton of hot water vapor being ejected. Propeller planes eject water vapor out of their exhaust pipe, but not as concentrated and not ejected as forcefully as a jet.

Third, the humidity can matter. If it's humid, that water vapor is going to form little water droplets more readily, which are visible as a contrail.

Fourth, the angle, the elevation, and the distance. My dad ALWAYS points to different "sizes" of contrails, how long contrails last, etc as proof that some are chemtrails and some are contrails. Really this is a fun refuge, but it is easily debunked. When you're looking at a contrail, you have next to no idea how big the plane is - how much exhaust it is spewing, how high it is, its angle relative to you, and its distance from you. It is just making a cloud. You can look at two contrails, and because the sky is featureless, you just sort of assume they are by each other. That is wrong. One could be from a 747 going east at 600 miles an hour, at 8 miles of altitude and 70 miles from you while another is from a little Cessna citation going 500 miles an hour directly at you at a 5 mile altitude about 10 miles away. These contrails are going to look hugely different but you're going to have next to no way of verifying the differences.

1. Is there anything else that makes up a percentage of clouds other than water vapor? Does the none water vapor parts of plane exhaust also help to form artificial clouds, or does it dissipate or fall to the earth differently than the water vapor portion?

2. Do the clouds we seed have any possibility of growing and building into larger cloud systems, even storms, given the right atmospheric conditions?

sheeple.jpg

16 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1. Is there anything else that makes up a percentage of clouds other than water vapor? Does the none water vapor parts of plane exhaust also help to form artificial clouds, or does it dissipate or fall to the earth differently than the water vapor portion?

Well the exhaust has all sorts of stuff in it but you can only see the water vapor. It's tough to say what makes up the "cloud" because there is all sorts of stuff in a cloud, we just see the water droplets. 

2. Do the clouds we seed have any possibility of growing and building into larger cloud systems, even storms, given the right atmospheric conditions?

I doubt it. 

A cloud weighs about a million pounds of water (sketchy citation coming... now http://mentalfloss.com/article/49786/how-much-does-cloud-weigh)and clouds are about a cubic kilometer in size.

A 747's full load of fuel is about 50,000 gallons. That's about 300,000 pounds worth of fuel; assuming about half turns into water, that is 150,000 pounds of water- way less than a cloud- and if the plane flies in a straight line, it's spread out over about 10,000 kilometers (as planes do not continuously circle).

However over a busy airport? Maybe. 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:19 PM, happycamper said:

Jet fuel is like kerosene; it does not contain lead.

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Jet fuel is like kerosene; it does not contain lead.

Ahh you're right, it is propeller plane gas that contains lead.

My bad!