jackmormon

Politicizing Ryan Owens...

Just now, mugtang said:

I was very impressed by his speech.  Trump isn't a great orator like his predecessor and this was probably as good as it could get but overall I think he did a good job of conveying his message and vision to the American people (regardless of you agreeing or disagreeing with the positions).  Many commentators said he truly became the President last night and I agree with that assessment. 

Agreed. He had a unifying vision that he actually expressed fairly articulately.

The only small beef was it was short on any specifics at all, but that's really just nitpicking.

It was a very good and very Presidential performance. I hope it is a sign of things to come.

• Like 3

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was very impressed by his speech.  Trump isn't a great orator like his predecessor and this was probably as good as it could get but overall I think he did a good job of conveying his message and vision to the American people (regardless of you agreeing or disagreeing with the positions).  Many commentators said he truly became the President last night and I agree with that assessment. 

I actually rank Trump as a better orator than Obama.

I have never understood why people think President Obama was an amazing speaker.  He used a lot of platitudes, at the expense of plain language.   I found his speeches mostly boring.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I have never understood why people think President Obama was an amazing speaker.  He used a lot of platitudes, at the expanse of plain language. 

No way in hellski!

• Like 2

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, pokebball said:

No way in hellski!

Some people find platitudes inspiring.  Look at "Ted Talks", for instance.  Platitude City.

I'm not one of them (but I am lower intelligence, I admit).

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A agree and as a person who leans to the right I hope this is the person we see from now on. All the twitter controversies and games with the press needs to go away. Focus on doing the best job you can and just let your critics rot in hell.

1 minute ago, BroncoOrange said:

A agree and as a person who leans to the right I hope this is the person we see from now on. All the twitter controversies and games with the press needs to go away. Focus on doing the best job you can and just let your critics rot in hell.

And as a person who leans to the left, that is a President even I can tolerate. B)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Some people find platitudes inspiring.  Look at "Ted Talks", for instance.  Platitude City.

I'm aligned with you, probably a notch below you.  But Obama speaks above me, Trump speaks below me.  That I know.

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree, that seemed like a bit of a joke.

Are you saying "Hitlery" because of a comparison to harassing Jews, vs harassing undocumented (mostly Mexicans / Central Americans).  

I think that local law enforcement should focus on those things---meaning investigating crimes.

As in they are going to release information on crimes committed by immigrants(didn't specify a difference between illegal or legal) which is the same thing the Nazis did. They released pamphlets highlighting crimes committed by Jews.

I have no problem with enforcing the laws and either jailing or getting rid of the "bad hombres" and I understand that illegal immigration is a tricky subject but to me this appears like an attempt to demonize a group of people by highlighting the worst of them. Unless it is backed by statistics that show what percentage of immigrants are committing crimes. Why not release information on crimes committed by all different groups(white, black, natural born, Christians, atheists, Muslims, high school dropouts, people with masters degrees, etc.) 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, tspoke said:

As in they are going to release information on crimes committed by immigrants(didn't specify a difference between illegal or legal) which is the same thing the Nazis did. They released pamphlets highlighting crimes committed by Jews.

I have no problem with enforcing the laws and either jailing or getting rid of the "bad hombres" and I understand that illegal immigration is a tricky subject but to me this appears like an attempt to demonize a group of people by highlighting the worst of them. Unless it is backed by statistics that show what percentage of immigrants are committing crimes. Why not release information on crimes committed by all different groups(white, black, natural born, Christians, atheists, Muslims, high school dropouts, people with masters degrees, etc.) 

Well said.

The few parts I watched, aside from the words used, still felt like one of his rallies. His tone, hand/finger waving, facial expressions, and posture was the exact same as all the other times.

Just that someone on his payroll finally figured out how not to use divisive language all the time. Still got audible groans for his "VOICE" idea. And couldn't change the tone.

Why only a few parts? Got burned out on the "Me! Me! Me!" and "I! I! I!" throughout his campaign (for starters), which still seems to be half-running.

Oh, and lets not forget, he's still trying to pawn off the the blame of signing off on the mission to anyone he can (did it for the third time just hours before his speech). For "intel" that thus far, has been useless (as stated by everyone not named Trump). And in all honesty, this wouldn't have made half as much of a problem if Trump hadn't tried to blame everyone else for a mission the previous administration refused to green-light.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I have never understood why people think President Obama was an amazing speaker.  He used a lot of platitudes, at the expense of plain language.   I found his speeches mostly boring.

Lol. 

Some people don't think good, I guess. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

You don't think Trump speaks in platitudes? 

My god.  Spend an hour watching actual linguists analyze Trump's speech patterns on Youtube.  

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

You don't think Trump speaks in platitudes? 

My god.  Spend an hour watching actual linguists analyze Trump's speech patterns on Youtube.  

I think Obama is a boring speaker (I voted for him twice).

I find Trump a much more entertaining, engaging speaker.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

Well, even a legal immigrant (anything short of a citizen or naturalized citizen) CAN be deported if they commit certain crimes, so I don't have a problem with it. Living here is a privilege and people need to be on their best behavior (we have enough citizen criminals and no-do-gooders as it is and don't need any more!).

I really think this is intended to put pressure on sanctuary cities, which have not had to account for bad actors they have shielded. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-colorado-immigration-idUSKBN161077?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Well, the nazis rounded 'em up and put 'em in concentrations camps and exterminated 'em

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Well, the nazis rounded 'em up and put 'em in concentrations camps and exterminated 'em

Eventually, he didn't do that in the first month.:ph34r:

Actually, I'm not calling Trump Hitler. Stunner commented that this speech will make the comparisons to Hitler ease up and I pointed out that he actually outlined something in the speech that is what the Nazis and Hitler did. Was mostly a TIC comment even though I think the policy is horrible.

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

So no show of respect to his wife?  Can you dig a little deeper and find room for both?

Political theater aside, his wife was there, in the crowd.  No matter Trump's motives, sincere or otherwise, this was between the audience and her, me and her.  She has all of my respect.

Perhaps I live in a different environment than you.  There is a large AFB in my community, along with significant guard units (Air and Army).  I've got friends and family that serve in the military and constantly have friends and family serving in hostile environments  These service men and women are continuously being recognized, thanked for their service (or the service of their loved ones), etc.  It's part of our day-to-day lives.  Hugs and tears are shared, respected and embraced by all.

It honestly angers me that some of you are mocking any show of love, respect and honor to our military and their family and friends.  They have earned it, no matter the stage it's on.  Give it to them unequivocally.

Show of respect? What the hell are you rambling about...I AGREE with the dad...I said nothing of respect for people I don't know.

i don't like ANY military. freedom isn't spread at gun point, and we have no right to force our principles on anyone.

i live like 30 mins from NSA Mid-South so we have plenty of military here.

fighting and killing does not earn my respect, and you're welcome to be mad...that's how the 1st amendment works.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Show of respect? What the hell are you rambling about...I AGREE with the dad...I said nothing of respect for people I don't know.

i don't like ANY military. freedom isn't spread at gun point, and we have no right to force our principles on anyone.

i live like 30 mins from NSA Mid-South so we have plenty of military here.

fighting and killing does not earn my respect, and you're welcome to be mad...that's how the 1st amendment works.

Enjoy your freedom

• Like 1