bsubroncochick

OT: Bill Paxton

Bill Paxton was a great actor. Known more for dramatic roles, but he had a quick wit too. May he rest in peace. 

He'll always be Chet from Weird Science to me. Sad news indeed. 

Judge Wapner also died today at the age of 97. He was a tough old bird. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Judge Wapner also died today at the age of 97. He was a tough old bird. 

I'm with you all the way. Chet was pretty awesome. His role in True Lies was great as well. RIP Bill.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

14 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Lol. I haven't seen that movie in more than 20 years and forgot all about Paxton having been in it. Chet was indeed a great character.

Anybody know the cause of death? RIP, Bill.

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Lol. I haven't seen that movie in more than 20 years and forgot all about Paxton having been in it. Chet was indeed a great character.

Anybody know the cause of death? RIP, Bill.

Weird Science is one of the greatest movies ever. Anthony Michael Hall was at his best, Bill Paxton, Robert Downey Jr, Bill Paxton and a super hot Kelly Le Brock....what's not to like? 

Paxton was solid performer. Even he could not save that horrible Texas Revolution epic. Really came from an OLd colonial family in Virginia, Valley Men. Was distantly related to D Sam Houston who he played in the mini series.

They never tell you what exactly a person died from anymore or rarely. The third leading cause of death in United States is a medical error or the consequences of medical treatment.. Paxton and I have a common ancestor going back six generations Samuel Paxton from Ballymoney in Northern Ireland.

You may remember he was in that genealogy show I think it's called Who Do You Think You Are? they spent a lot of time on his colonial ancestors one of which fought in me Revolutionary army. At least Bill didn't duck the fact that his  ancestor owned several slaves which most Hollywood people would Hide in shame. He did however fail to mention his great-great-grandfather Elisha Hayes Paxton who was Lieut. Gen. and Cmdr. of the glorious Stonewall Brigade. I guess admitting that one of your ancestors was a Confederate General too hard to bear for a Hollywood guy.

My great-grandfather served under general Paxton and Gen. Jackson in the Stonewall Brigade as did my great uncle who was killed at Pickett's charge. I'm sorry for Mr. Paxton's family I hope they're well taken care of.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, steveem said:

Paxton was solid performer. Even he could not save that horrible Texas Revolution epic. Really came from an OLd colonial family in Virginia, Valley Men. Was distantly related to D Sam Houston who he played in the mini series.

They never tell you what exactly a person died from anymore or rarely. The third leading cause of death in United States is a medical error or the consequences of medical treatment.. Paxton and I have a common ancestor going back six generations Samuel Paxton from Ballymoney in Northern Ireland.

You may remember he was in that genealogy show I think it's called Who Do You Think You Are? they spent a lot of time on his colonial ancestors one of which fought in me Revolutionary army. At least Bill didn't duck the fact that his  ancestor owned several slaves which most Hollywood people would Hide in shame. He did however fail to mention his great-great-grandfather Elisha Hayes Paxton who was Lieut. Gen. and Cmdr. of the glorious Stonewall Brigade. I guess admitting that one of your ancestors was a Confederate General too hard to bear for a Hollywood guy.

My great-grandfather served under general Paxton and Gen. Jackson in the Stonewall Brigade as did my great uncle who was killed at Pickett's charge. I'm sorry for Mr. Paxton's family I hope they're well taken care of.

This is such an Adderall post. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok