fbpack

Nevada at large

10 hours ago, fbpack said:

We are 39 in RPI an just jumped to 62 in kenpom

I did some research an Boise state received an at large 2 seasons ago an lost in the tournament semi finals there record  was 25-9 an RPI 33  our record will be way better than they finished that season an our RPI an Kenpom ratings are similar

Hey man, this is off-topic, but the word you're looking for here is "and".

I'm not trying to grammar nazi you, but I'd rather someone tell you this on an anonymous message board than have you put it in a college app or resume. 

• Like 1

Just now, wolfpack1 said:

Also a fun quirk.................St. Mary's went from a 5 seed to a 7 seed in CBS bracket

Saint Mary's held serve, and drops two seeds.  Okay then!

18 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I read an article today either on CBS or ESPN that said Northwestern was still in the tournament even with the loss. 

The bubble is a mess this year. But 36 teams are gonna get in. It may not have killed them, but all the bubble teams who lost didn't help themselves either.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

17 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Anything is possible, I remember I think it was Nevada's last year in the WAC when they only lost one conference game before losing in the first round of the WAC Tournament. It turned out Nevada was the first team out of the NCAA that year and just needed one more win to get an at-large which shocked everyone then, so who knows anything is possible especially if Nevada keeps winning.

However then again the committee is A LOT different now than it was then

That team actually lost in the semi final (second game). If I remember correctly, they were one of the first four out not necessarily the first one out. Interestingly, Iona and BYU were two of the last teams in that year and both teams beat Nevada. 

44 minutes ago, toonkee said:

All this who's in talk is worthless without the who's out talk. A certain set of metrics do not get you in. How you compare to others does.

If metrics mean nothing, then how come KenPom is so accurate at projecting who will get in the tournament?

14 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

That team actually lost in the semi final (second game). If I remember correctly, they were one of the first four out not necessarily the first one out. Interestingly, Iona and BYU were two of the last teams in that year and both teams beat Nevada. 

Yup my mistake thought it was the first round and it was the semi-final. Nevada did lose to Iona that year in the bracket buster and then lost to BYU at a Thanksgiving Tournament in Las Vegas

11 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yup my mistake thought it was the first round and it was the semi-final. Nevada did lose to Iona that year in the bracket buster and then lost to BYU at a Thanksgiving Tournament in Las Vegas

Dang LaTech really crapped on our last season in the wac that year. Football & basketball. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

5 minutes ago, brillio said:

Dang LaTech really crapped on our last season in the wac that year. Football & basketball. 

For the WAC tournament they did, we almost did lose to La Tech on the road that year in basketball. For football i think the loss at Utah St that year hurt more because if we won that game I think it could have made us forget about the loss the week prior to La Tech

8 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

For the WAC tournament they did, we almost did lose to La Tech on the road that year in basketball. For football i think the loss at Utah St that year hurt more because if we won that game I think it could have made us forget about the loss the week prior to La Tech

I'll respectfully disagree. That latech loss was crushing in person. They had fourth quarter touchdown drives of 84, 89, and 92 yards. Had we held them once it would have been clinched back to back conference titles.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 hours ago, Chrysis said:

Lack of notable wins is the difference. It sucks the way the schedule turned out,  but it is what it is. Let's win the MW tournament and not leave it in the hands of the committee

You might have to beat the Magnificent-7 2x to do that.  

I'm amazed our guys have stayed healthy w/all the minutes they've been playing.

GO STATE!!!

21 hours ago, Packman04 said:

Getting smoked on the road by USU & SDSU pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

Bingo. Your chance at an at-large evaporated with those losses.

20 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Anything is possible,

No, not everything is possible. UNR does not have a resume for an at-large no matter what you do. Just win the auto-bid.

20 hours ago, brillio said:

yeah I was there to see it at the Orleans. 2012.

Coach Carter scroooooed the pooch. and that was probably his best team, it had Olek and Dario Hunt down-low.

Burton as the ball handler.

But  there's no way Nevada gets invited the NCAA tourney this year as an at-large.

Win the tourney or NIT.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

yeah I was there to see it at the Orleans. 2012.

Coach Carter scroooooed the pooch. and that was probably his best team, it had Olek and Dario Hunt down-low.

Burton as the ball handler.

But  there's no way Nevada gets invited the NCAA tourney this year as an at-large.

Win the tourney or NIT.

Maybe next year, they will schedule real teams in non-conference play.  CAL would be a realistic game.  So would USC.  They could get St. Mary's again.

21 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I'll respectfully disagree. That latech loss was crushing in person. They had fourth quarter touchdown drives of 84, 89, and 92 yards. Had we held them once it would have been clinched back to back conference titles.

Sheesh, who was their QB, Terry Bradshaw?