fbpack

Nevada at large

We are 39 in RPI an just jumped to 62 in kenpom

I did some research an Boise state received an at large 2 seasons ago an lost in the tournament semi finals there record  was 25-9 an RPI 33  our record will be way better than they finished that season an our RPI an Kenpom ratings are similar

2014–15 record

25–9 (14–4 MW

Lack of notable wins is the difference. It sucks the way the schedule turned out,  but it is what it is. Let's win the MW tournament and not leave it in the hands of the committee

• Like 5

8k3esKz.png

I think Nevada will be 50/50 for getting an at-large if they make it to the MWCCG before losing again. People have been bagging on the conference all year, but in reality, it is pretty decent overall--there's a good chance that 6 of 11 teams finish in the RPI top-100. As alluded to above, the problem is that there are lots of really solid teams this year, but no great teams. That results in no good wins in the eyes of the selection committee. Too bad UNLV sucked so bad this year. If they were even just a top-100 RPI team (like the should be every year)  we would have finished as the #7 or 8 conference and gotten at least 2 teams into the NCAAT guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

I think Nevada will be 50/50 for getting an at-large if they make it to the MWCCG before losing again. People have been bagging on the conference all year, but in reality, it is pretty decent overall--there's a good chance that 6 of 11 teams finish in the RPI top-100. As alluded to above, the problem is that there are lots of really solid teams this year, but no great teams. That results in no good wins in the eyes of the selection committee. Too bad UNLV sucked so bad this year. If they were even just a top-100 RPI team (like the should be every year)  we would have finished as the #7 or 8 conference and gotten at least 2 teams into the NCAAT guaranteed. 

Some people are such homers that they're oblivious to the facts. Winning streaks mean nothing when you play shit competition.  Three years ago, Murray State won 25 straight games, and they wound up in the NIT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Nevada get a play in game if they lose in the conf championship.  I put it at 35 65 no bid though.  

Rebel basketball is the new laughing stock of the conference. I wouldn't expect much change next year.  Teams like Unlv really hurt the conference statistically and perception wise.  time to head back to the WAC. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, slappy said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Nevada get a play in game if they lose in the conf championship.  I put it at 35 65 no bid though.  

Rebel basketball is the new laughing stock of the conference. I wouldn't expect much change next year.  Teams like Unlv really hurt the conference statistically and perception wise.  time to head back to the WAC. 

Comeback when you land a top five recruiting class.

44 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Comeback when you land a top five recruiting class.

That is your problem all rolled up into one sentence. 

Do you think next year you will again be the worst basketball team in the 1 bid MW?  I think you will get 3 conference wins this year.  What is the goal for next year?

• Like 1

Nevada needs to win out until tourney title game.

Boise needs to be win out and be the team that beats us in the title game. That would give us two top 50 wins instead of zero.

We need other fringe bubble teams teams like Houston and the lower tier ACC schools to die like dogs.

Until these things fail to happen I'm gonna be all

200w.gif

• Like 6

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Some people are such homers that they're oblivious to the facts. Winning streaks mean nothing when you play shit competition.  Three years ago, Murray State won 25 straight games, and they wound up in the NIT.

Very true but Murray State didn't play in a conf. that is 10th in the RPI out of 32 conferences.  Basically for how bad the MWC is perceived it's still a pretty good league.

All that being said I still think our chances are close to zero.  Getting smoked on the road by USU & SDSU pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

True..If Nevada doesn't get an at large bid it hardly makes their season a failure..The only have 3 guys who played on the 24 win team from last year.  To even be in contention for the MW regular season title this year is a nice accomplishment.  I would say the folks in Boise and Fort Collins are not all that disappointed in their teams either..The pendulum swings.  SDSU has had an uncharacteristic season, NM is down a bit and of course UNLV is way down from their norm but this is still a tough conference.

That the tourney is wide open isn't a bad thing. It means there are lots of teams capable of getting hot and winning the the thing..

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bubblewatch?src=desktop

Clemson, Pitt, and TCU bit the dust yesterday. As did Marquette and Kansas State. And Northwestern. And Tennessee.

I read an article today either on CBS or ESPN that said Northwestern was still in the tournament even with the loss. 

Anything is possible, I remember I think it was Nevada's last year in the WAC when they only lost one conference game before losing in the first round of the WAC Tournament. It turned out Nevada was the first team out of the NCAA that year and just needed one more win to get an at-large which shocked everyone then, so who knows anything is possible especially if Nevada keeps winning.

However then again the committee is A LOT different now than it was then