halfmanhalfbronco

And you think you are #resisting.

44 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Good thing there aren't any weirdos that support Trump that I could lump in with the rest of the right and use them as a way to dismiss all of the right.

That is fortunate. But even if there were, it would be tough to beat the casting of spells during a crescent moon.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Yeah my post was poorly worded but I doubt very seriously that there are a significant number of people who sincerely worship Satan. And even if there were, they're no more dangerous than extremists of any kind. 

Ever read paradise lost? Many argue that the intent of the poem is to cast Satan as a hero. Milton was a devout man of faith, but he knew that religious doctrine is up for interpretation and that interpreting religious texts literally is dangerous. So in his version, Satan stands up to an unjust god and risks everything to make sure Adam and Eve know the truth about their existence. Reading it that way doesn't change anything. It just casts the villain in a more sympathetic light.

to "worship" Satan is simply to say that divine rewards are not worth giving up earthly pleasures, so forget god and his authoritarian need for obedience. Do what you want and if hell awaits, fine. Satan was the good guy all along anyway. 

Of course, these Norwegian psychos took it too far:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Norwegian_black_metal_scene 

but then again, they're not alone: ..https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_against_African-American_churches

26 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Yeah my post was poorly worded but I doubt very seriously that there are a significant number of people who sincerely worship Satan. And even if there were, they're no more dangerous than extremists of any kind.

Ever read paradise lost? Many argue that the intent of the poem is to cast Satan as a hero. Milton was a devout man of faith, but he knew that religious doctrine is up for interpretation and that interpreting religious texts literally is dangerous. So in his version, Satan stands up to an unjust god and risks everything to make sure Adam and Eve know the truth about their existence. Reading it that way doesn't change anything. It just casts the villain in a more sympathetic light.

to "worship" Satan is simply to say that divine rewards are not worth giving up earthly pleasures, so forget god and his authoritarian need for obedience. Do what you want and if hell awaits, fine. Satan was the good guy all along anyway. 

Of course, these Norwegian psychos took it too far:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Norwegian_black_metal_scene 

but then again, they're not alone: ..https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_against_African-American_churches

I don't know how few or many there are, but I'm pretty sure there have been some brutal murders performed in satantic rituals. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

This from BBC:

"The Christian Nationalist Alliance, a conservative religious group, named 24 February a 'day of prayer' to counter the magical fraternity.

The group said it will urge people to pray every time the spell-casters reach for their candles."

Now I can't stop picturing this:

• Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 2/25/2017 at 9:56 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't know how few or many there are, but I'm pretty sure there have been some brutal murders performed in satantic rituals. 

I'm pretty sure most religions have had some pretty brutal murders performed in their various rituals. 

• Like 1

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

28 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

I'm pretty sure most religions have had some pretty brutal murders performed in their various rituals. 

sometimes you just gotta sacrifice some virgins.  Everyone likes sausage but no one wants to see how it's made....

I love this video so much because the "Satanist" is obviously trolling yet the Christians are freaking about and are sincerely worried about getting hexed and are actively trying to counteract the voodoo.

Warning: The video starts loud.

50 minutes ago, bsuhead said:

All this awesome power and this is the best they can come up with?....color me disappointed. 

They're wasting their time trying to use Satan against Trump. Satan cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.