halfmanhalfbronco

And you think you are #resisting.

14 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

As someone who thinks "hogwarts" is something you call your rural veterinarian to take care of, can someone please tell me wtf a "binding spell" is?

I apologize in advance for throwing dead birds at you afterwords.

:shrug:

24 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

As someone who thinks "hogwarts" is something you call your rural veterinarian to take care of, can someone please tell me wtf a "binding spell" is?

I apologize in advance for throwing dead birds at you afterwords.

From the internets...

Binding spells are used to prevent someone or something from causing harm. They aren't the same as curses, where you inflict harm on another person. They are similar to, but slightly different from protection spells, which are meant to protect you from bad things occurring.

11 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Clearly a joke. Satanism is simply a mechanism to make fun of religion. No one believes in Satan and worships him.

lol yes there are people who worship Satan. 

• Like 5

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

From the internets...

Binding spells are used to prevent someone or something from causing harm. They aren't the same as curses, where you inflict harm on another person. They are similar to, but slightly different from protection spells, which are meant to protect you from bad things occurring.

Fortunately for you, they don't work. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to open your mouth. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

21 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Clearly a joke. Satanism is simply a mechanism to make fun of religion. No one believes in Satan and worships him.

I think it's a religion, complete with rituals and (I think) tax exempt status.  Maybe Mug knows for sure about the tax exemption. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

24 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is not correct.

There in in fact two branches of Satanism. the first, LaVeyan Satanism, is much as you describe - despite the richness of symbolism, is more-or-less an inversion of the principles of Christianity, i.e., a unadulterated pursuit of carnal selfish pleasures. The other branch does indeed recognize and venerate Satan as a supernatural being.

The Church of Satan was formed by Anton LaVey in the '60s, and it has included some interesting and influential members over the years.

ETA: @Aslowhiteguy is correct in that it is a recognized and Constitutionally-protected religion.

• Like 3

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

31 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Uhm not a joke.  These are real occult groups.  And Satanism is a very, very real thing, with millions of devout worshipers across the globe.

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I see you are getting jumped on a bit for saying this but I agree with you.  Sure there's probably a few hundred weirdos that are just trying to be "special" by worshiping Satan but that's all it really is and you are right in your intent.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

#SatanistsAgainstTrump  

The left continues to amuse. 

Good thing there aren't any weirdos that support Trump that I could lump in with the rest of the right and use them as a way to dismiss all of the right.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I see you are getting jumped on a bit for saying this but I agree with you.  Sure there's probably a few hundred weirdos that are just trying to be "special" by worshiping Satan but that's all it really is and you are right in your intent.

This is so very wrong.  There are millions around the globe.  These groups are not "Satanists", they are member of the occult however and this was very much not a joke.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is so very wrong.  There are millions around the globe.  These groups are not "Satanists", they are member of the occult however and this was very much not a joke.

Okay.  Let's juts say I'm not worried about it and neither should you be. Their influence and numbers are nominal.

• Like 1