4UNLV

Nevada at UNLV

Dang, even @UNLV2001 has lost interest. I get the rebel fans, but Reno, where are you? 

Anyway, apparently we are honoring the 1987 final four team tonight, so yesterday I was listening to Mitch and Pritch on my way in, and they interviewed El Hud..he was saying we need fans there to help let this rebel team know this IS a rivalry, and how much the fans helped them get to the final four. He also said 'every time we played them I wanted to kill em', lol. 

He also said that that year they had set a goal to go to the final four. So once they got there, it took them too long to wake up, and they let the less good Indiana team knocked them out... he said if they had originally set their goal to win the national championship, they would have done it.

he also mentioned his 'love' for Brent musberger. During that year when they were playing Oklahoma,  there was a question as to whether mark wade's 3 WAS a 3. So the refs just asked Brent, and although wade was clearly behind the line, Brent said 'no, it was a 2'. They ended up losing by 1, for their only loss that year until the Indiana loss.

El Hud, Freddie banks, Jarvis Basnight, and several others from that team will be there. It would be nice to have a few fans there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Dang, even @UNLV2001 has lost interest. I get the rebel fans, but Reno, where are you? 

Anyway, apparently we are honoring the 1987 final four team tonight, so yesterday I was listening to Mitch and Pritch on my way in, and they interviewed El Hud..he was saying we need fans there to help let this rebel team know this IS a rivalry, and how much the fans helped them get to the final four. He also said 'every time we played them I wanted to kill em', lol. 

He also said that that year they had set a goal to go to the final four. So once they got there, it took them too long to wake up, and they let the less good Indiana team knocked them out... he said if they had originally set their goal to win the national championship, they would have done it.

he also mentioned his 'love' for Brent musberger. During that year when they were playing Oklahoma,  there was a question as to whether mark wade's 3 WAS a 3. So the refs just asked Brent, and although wade was clearly behind the line, Brent said 'no, it was a 2'. They ended up losing by 1, for their only loss that year until the Indiana loss.

El Hud, Freddie banks, Jarvis Basnight, and several others from that team will be there. It would be nice to have a few fans there.

I was waffling on going today until I saw this. I'll go to see the old guys and I will take my punishment in watching Reno mutilate us for the third major sport game in a row. This stuff is really wearing on me. 

• Like 2

Tark always said that playing Nevada was sometimes the most fun during the season because I think he said they usually hung around and played hard from start to finish. He really enjoyed those games.

With the final four team I think i saw a documentary where Tark the night before the game was telling coaches he thought they were going to lose because the team seemed off.

38 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Tark always said that playing Nevada was sometimes the most fun during the season because I think he said they usually hung around and played hard from start to finish. He really enjoyed those games.

With the final four team I think i saw a documentary where Tark the night before the game was telling coaches he thought they were going to lose because the team seemed off.

I'm pretty sure that was the 91 game when they would have repeated their championship. He said he felt it from even before the game started. 

I doubt this providence Marquette game will be done before the start of our game.. the guys in this game are slippin all over the place on this floor- is there an ice rink underneath the court or something ?