pokebball

Who do you Dems support

Do you want the Obama/Clinton guy or the Sanders guy?

ATLANTA - South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg dropped out of the Democratic National Committee chairman race during his nominating speech on Saturday, telling voters he realized he did not have the needed support.

Buttigieg, seen as a rising star in the party, leaves Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison and former Labor Secretary Tom Perez as the leading contenders.

"We saw the potential of doing well on multiple ballots but we can do the math," he said. "It is time for this process to move toward a solution that we can all get on board with."

By stepping aside before the vote is tallied, Buttigieg avoids a potentially low vote total.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/pete-buttigieg-dnc-chair-race-235393

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, UofMTigers said:

honestly, I've never considered the position to be that important....I would have picked former Obama HUD Sec Julian Castro (former San Antonio Mayor and Rep Castro's twin brother)

I'm with you, not really ever considering the head of either party to be of much importance.  This does seem to be a critical juncture in the Dem party by many in your party, given the showing this past fall.  Do you think the party will improve under the leadership of either of these guys?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm with you, not really ever considering the head of either party to be of much importance.  This does seem to be a critical juncture in the Dem party by many in your party, given the showing this past fall.  Do you think the party will improve under the leadership of either of these guys?

Perez seems like a charismatic personality and a good speaker...so he'll give good 'rally the troops' kinda speeches...but it'll come down to who he surrounds himself with as to if he'll move the party forward 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

There were some decent Ds that said they'd leave the party if Ellison was selected, weren't there?

Dershowitz said that. Ellison had extreme positions when he was younger including working with Louis Farrakhan but based what he's said the last several years, he no longer holds those beliefs. 

Having said that, id absolutely kill a republican who worked with David duke or the like, even if they completely renounced their old ways, so the criticism is fair. Perez is probably the better choice, even if Ellison appeals to me more. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Dershowitz said that. Ellison had extreme positions when he was younger including working with Louis Farrakhan but based what he's said the last several years, he no longer holds those beliefs. 

Having said that, id absolutely kill a republican who worked with David duke or the like, even if they completely renounced their old ways, so the criticism is fair. Perez is probably the better choice, even if Ellison appeals to me more. 

Would you kill a democrat who did the same?  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

22 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Sessions finds your stance ironic and hypocritical.  Told me to tell you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Would you kill a democrat who did the same?  

No. I just admitted that I'm willing to believe Ellison because I agree with what I've heard him say recently. I never claimed to be objective. 

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sessions finds your stance ironic and hypocritical.  Told me to tell you.

I admitted the hypocrisy. The main difference is that while sessions may no longer be the outward hardened racist he once was, he's still an asshole. His first act as ag proves as much. I'm not surprised you guys hang out. 

36 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

No. I just admitted that I'm willing to believe Ellison because I agree with what I've heard him say recently. I never claimed to be objective. 

I admitted the hypocrisy. The main difference is that while sessions may no longer be the outward hardened racist he once was, he's still an asshole. His first act as ag proves as much. I'm not surprised you guys hang out. 

What?  Where?  Your boy is basically Hitler.

Another key difference, the ADL condemned remarks made by Ellison THIS decade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What?  Where?  Your boy is basically Hitler.

Another key difference, the ADL condemned remarks made by Ellison THIS decade.

I said that I based my opinion on what I've heard each say recently. I also said that I'm more willing to forgive a liberal for past mistakes than a conservative. I also said that, objectively, Perez is the better choice, but my bias led me toward Ellison. Not everyone shares my bias, and if the goal is ultimately to defeat trump, Perez is more likely to cast a wider tent. 

Also, fwiw, here's a Jewish writer who thinks the adl were wrong on Ellison: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.757084

also, "basically Hitler?" I'm not even comfortable comparing trump to hitler. Not even Putin. Comparing any modern politician to Hitler is more anti-Semitic than anything Ellison ever said. 

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I said that I based my opinion on what I've heard each say recently. I also said that I'm more willing to forgive a liberal for past mistakes than a conservative. I also said that, objectively, Perez is the better choice, but my bias led me toward Ellison. Not everyone shares my bias, and if the goal is ultimately to defeat trump, Perez is more likely to cast a wider tent. 

Also, fwiw, here's a Jewish writer who thinks the adl were wrong on Ellison: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.757084

also, "basically Hitler?" I'm not even comfortable comparing trump to hitler. Not even Putin. Comparing any modern politician to Hitler is more anti-Semitic than anything Ellison ever said. 

He is so Hitler.

7 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Condemn everyone that has on this board, right now.

Do you agree with any of these people?

Do you associate with people who have made these claims?

What is your stance on people that do?

• Like 1

All is well, For Rice is gone.