Aslowhiteguy

Trump Derangement Syndrome

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

How is how I clarified what I wrote boxing somebody in? All I am doing is asking what the philosophy is that attracts Trump supporters. Articulate it for me if you want. 

For me, I'm for less regulation, a better health insurance model and tax reform among other things.  The IRS today is a freakin joke.  Their customer service is completely unacceptable - untimely, wrong, not enough resource to do what they're being asked to do.   I don't support Trump as an individual but he's supporting changes in these areas.  Obama blocked any and all of these efforts by the GOP in congress.  Congress wasn't a legislative body under Obama.  At best, perhaps, an advisory board.  The media has painted Congress these last 6 years as obstructionists to Obama.  I see it completely the opposite.  Obama obstructed the the GOP lead congress from doing what they wanted to do.  And yes, I'll admit Obama had the right to not work with the congress due to separation of powers.  But know I found it extremely biased reporting each and every time I heard the GOP lead congress was obstructing Obama.  That is and was complete and total BS.

• Like 4

The World Needs More Cowboys!

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I mean, this post is clearly delusional. But let's set that aside. 

Is his penchant for irritating liberals why you support Trump, or is there a political philosophy that guides you?

Edited: for clarity.

I agree with pretty much everything he's trying to do. Essentially, the issues of his campaign. He's keeping his promises.

I don't really like the way he's rolled much of it out and still don't like his thin skin and narcissistic bullshit. But even with his shortcomings, he's miles above that arrogant, incompetent, corrupt, POS who preceded him.   

As far as his penchant for irritating liberals, he's been doing that since he announced his candidacy.  The only reason the liberals have moved from irritation to hysteria is they were too naive and foolish to believe he would win the nomination, let alone the election.  The group think was strong then and even stronger now.  It's no real surprise though, as the left is largely populated by a bunch of flock following, sheeple, eager to prove their liberal credentials. 

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

15 minutes ago, pokebball said:

For me, I'm for less regulation, a better health insurance model and tax reform among other things.  The IRS today is a freakin joke.  Their customer service is completely unacceptable - untimely, wrong, not enough resource to do what they're being asked to do.   I don't support Trump as an individual but he's supporting changes in these areas.  Obama blocked any and all of these efforts by the GOP in congress.  Congress wasn't a legislative body under Obama.  At best, perhaps, an advisory board.  The media has painted Congress these last 6 years as obstructionists to Obama.  I see it completely the opposite.  Obama obstructed the the GOP lead congress from doing what they wanted to do.  And yes, I'll admit Obama had the right to not work with the congress due to separation of powers.  But know I found it extremely biased reporting each and every time I heard the GOP lead congress was obstructing Obama.  That is and was complete and total BS.

If this is what you truly believe, you should be frustrated by Trump, right? He's offered no movement on any of the things you just mentioned. His lip service aside, he has yet to put forth any serious proposal on any of the issues you mentioned and he offered no specifics during the campaign. And he's made no attempt to push a legislative agenda of any kind. (And do you think the GOP's cuts to the IRS had at least something to do with shitty customer service?)

You can launch into an Obama, press thing, which is beside the point. All that does is confirm what I have thought all along. Trump's support is a mirage, and as long as he pisses off liberals they're fine with whatever.

7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I agree with pretty much everything he's trying to do. Essentiall, the issues of his campaign. He's keeping his promises.

I don't really like the way he's rolled much of it out and still don't like his thin skin and narcissistic bullshit. But even with his shortcomings, he's miles above that arrogant, incompetent, corrupt, POS who preceded him.   

As far as his penchant for irritating liberals, he's been doing that since he announced his candidacy.  The only reason the liberals have moved from irritation to hysteria is they were too naive and foolish to believe he would win the nomination, let alone the election.  The group think was strong then and even stronger now.  It's no real surprise though, as the left is largely populated by a bunch of flock following sheeple, eager to prove their liberal credentials. 

What has he tried to do so far? And what has he actually done?

30 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

What has he tried to do so far? And what has he actually done?

For starters, and before his cabinet is even in place:

Home run choice for SCOTUS

The Dakota & Keystone pipelines

TPP

Sanctuary cities 

Cut 2 regs for every new one 

Working on fixing Obamacare

Reversing Obamas absurd bathroom policy

Working on better vetting on immigration 

Rounding up criminal, illegal aliens 

Barack Obama

13 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Reversing Obamas absurd bathroom policy

What "bathroom policy" is that? The only one I'm aware of is the +++++ing absurd HB2 law here in North Carolina... and the bathroom portion of it isn't even the big issue. 

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What "bathroom policy" is that? The only one I'm aware of is the +++++ing absurd HB2 law here in North Carolina... and the bathroom portion of it isn't even the big issue. 

As I recall, Trump ordered the DOJ to withdraw an Obama motion that would  allow students in public schools with gender identity issues to use whichever bathroom or locker room they identify with, regardless of their true gender.  I think that came with the threat of withholding federal funds for noncompliance. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I'm for tax reform, improving our health insurance model, and sensible regulation, as I think deregulation for the sake of deregulation is every bit as counterproductive as - and considerably more dangerous than - senseless regulations. With regards to these three, I think it requires a scalpel as opposed to a hatchet.

What I'm against, on the other hand, is sexual assault, fraud, misogyny, dishonesty, autocratic totalitarianism, and discrimination.

And Trump embodies all of these things.

Lastly, with regards to the demonstrable misrepresentation of the source of obstructionism under the Obama administration, it would seem history - as defined by many objective, verifiable facts of record - does not agree with you:

"We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can."

-John Boehner, 2010 (Link)

"Our number-one priority is to make this president a one-term president."

-Mitch McConnell, 2009 (Link)

Further demonstrable evidence of the GOP's efforts on the record to block any democratic-sponsored legislation during Obama's 1st term:

Politico: The GOP's "No Compromise" Pledge

CBS: Senate GOP Pledge to Block Dems Legislation

And let's not forget who decided to shut down the whole fn government in 2013.

Nor should we forget Grover Norquist's No Compromise pledge signed by every member of the GOP in Congress.

To lay the partisan obstructionism we've witnessed over the last eight years at the hands of the Obama administration is clearly and demonstrably wrong. FFS, the clear culpability as admitted on the record by GOP congressional leaders over and over again was only written about and published, well, everywhere. :blink:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

26 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'm for tax reform, improving our health insurance model, and sensible regulation, as I think deregulation for the sake of deregulation is every bit as counterproductive as - and considerably more dangerous than - senseless regulations. With regards to these three, I think it requires a scalpel as opposed to a hatchet.

What I'm against, on the other hand, is sexual assault, fraud, misogyny, dishonesty, autocratic totalitarianism, and discrimination.

Lastly, with regards to the demonstrable misrepresentation of the source of obstructionism under the Obama administration, it would seem history - as defined by many objective, verifiable facts of record - does not agree with you:

Further demonstrable evidence of the GOP's efforts on the record to block any democratic-sponsored legislation during Obama's 1st term:

Nor should we forget Grover Norquist's No Compromise pledge signed by every member of the GOP in Congress.

To lay the partisan obstructionism we've witnessed over the last eight years at the hands of the Obama administration is clearly and demonstrably wrong. FFS, the clear culpability as admitted on the record by GOP congressional leaders over and over again was only written about and published, well, everywhere. :blink:

The two sides wouldn't work together.  You're on one side pointing your finger and I'm on the other side pointing mine.  That's what we do, isn't it.  Obama's idea that he got to set the congressional agenda is where and why he failed.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/435308/obama-vs-congress-he-doesnt-get-set-agenda

23 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

When Obama started off with saying, "We are going to reward our friends and punish our enemies," you had to know things were going to get worse. 

But that in no way excuses McConnel's idiotic statements or some of the other bullsit. 

Both sides have plenty of ammo to fire at the other side.  All we can do is argue over which side is worse, since neither side can claim the high road.  

IMO, Trump is an upgrade over Obama and was by far the better choice over Clinton.  

As hard as it is for some to wrap their head around why anyone would have voted for Trump, many others had the same views regarding Obama, especially in 2012.

Harder still is trying to figure out why the Dems essentially annointed an incompetent and highly dishonest Hillary Clinton.  But I'm glad they did. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

When Obama started off with saying, "We are going to reward our friends and punish our enemies," you had to know things were going to get worse. 

But that in no way excuses McConnel's idiotic statements or some of the other bullsit. 

Both sides have plenty of ammo to fire at the other side.  All we can do is argue over which side is worse, since neither side can claim the high road.  

IMO, Trump is an upgrade over Obama and was by far the better choice over Clinton.  

As hard as it is for some to wrap their head around why anyone would have voted for Trump, many others had the same views regarding Obama, especially in 2012.

Harder still is trying to figure out why the Dems essentially annointed an incompetent and highly dishonest Hillary Clinton.  But I'm glad they did. 

Trump's demeanor leaves a lot to be desired.

Trumps policy agenda is more than the GOP could have ever hoped for and it appears he's pursing it, rather hard.  I won't be tuning in to him much because I can't stand what he says.  But if he delivers, that is what will effect me personally...good!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Trump's demeanor leaves a lot to be desired.

Trumps policy agenda is more than the GOP could have ever hoped for and it appears he's pursing it, rather hard.  I won't be tuning in to him much because I can't stand what he says.  But if he delivers, that is what will effect me personally...good!!!

That sums it up well.  I like most of what he says, but I dislike the way he says it. 

But the guy is at least trying to do what he said he would do. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

On 2/25/2017 at 1:48 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

I am always bemused by this perspective, as I call them like I see them from the center.

I also take issue with it for two reasons. First, it is a false equivalence to compare the GOP's multiple statements of record that it was their intent to forestall democratic legislation regardless of its content to any response by the Obama administration that was necessitated by this blatant and explicitly expressed effort at obstructionism.

In other words, it is not an issue of "one side versus the other side," but rather an issue of one side making the premeditated choice to put party before country by attempting to deny their opposition any legislative gain. This is not a matter of perspective, but rather a matter of historical fact as evidenced by the historical record.

Second, this "one side/other side" perspective embodies a microcosm of the unparalleled, unprecedented "us vs. them" politics of Trump and his administrartion. Evil Moooslims. Immigrants. The free press, ffs. The LGBT community. Minorities. All have been framed at one time or another either during the campaign or since the election as the enemies of American interests by il Orange Duce,

The tendency of people to use "us vs them" frameworks in order to create false equivalences that are neither historically nor factually accurate in an attempt to invalidate objective causality is not congruent with the goal of continuing constructive dialogue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I am always bemused by this perspective, as I call them like I see them from the center.

I also take issue with it for two reasons. First, it is a false equivalence to compare the GOP's multiple statements of record that it was their intent to forestall democratic legislation regardless of its content to any response by the Oabam adminsitration that was necessitated by this blatant and expressed effort at obstructionism.

In other words, it is not an issue of "one side versus the other side," but rather an issue of one side making the premeditated choice to put party before country by attempting to deny their opposition any legislative gain. This is not a matter of perspective, but rather a matter of historical fact as evidenced by the historical record.

Second, this "one side/other side" perspective embodies a microcosm of the unparalleled, unprecedented "us vs. them" politics of Trump and his administrartion. Evil Moooslims. Immigrants. The free press, ffs. The LGBT community. Minorities. All have been framed at one time or another either during the campaign or since the election as the enemies of American interests by il Orange Duce,

The tendency of people to use "us vs them" frameworks in order to create false equivalences that are neither historically nor factually accurate in an attempt to invalidate objective causality is not congruent with the goal of continuing constructive dialogue.

I think you are looking at it through a blue colored lens.  I don't say that to be insulting, as I am as guilty as anyone of doing the same thing.  

Also, "false equivalency" labels are often a matter of perspective. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think you are looking at it through a blue colored lens.  I don't say that to be insulting, as I am as guilty as anyone of doing the same thing.  

Also, "false equivalency" labels are often a matter of perspective. 

I understand why you would say that. I don't walk away from the fact that out of seven presidential elections, I've only voted R once. And I've always maintained it's largely due to a simple issue of greater compatibility with my core value set, as while I don't hesitate to own being something of an asshole, I still can't shake those pesky lessons I learned from attending a Christian school beginning at the age of eight, lessons such as,

"He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise."

To be honest, this simply vibes way more with the dem's platform than it does that of the GOP. :shrug: There are issues with which I am at odds with the left as well (e.g., 2A), but just not as many I suppose.

While my values may lead me to lean left in elections, I consider myself a constitutional conservative, in that I believe every American should be afforded equal opportunity, protection of their Bill of Rights, and access to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I've owned a small business, currently sit on the board of a software startup, and am every bit the free market capitalist. However, I believe that anything in its purest, unadulterated form - and especially capitalism - is inherently dangerous and incongruent to the healthy functioning of a free and democratic postmodern society. And I believe a citizen has a duty to pay taxes, not avoid them.

I wholly get the urge to reduce things down to a blue/red, right/wrong simplified categorization - as I do the same - but in reality, the end-result more often than not involves trying to cram a square peg through a round hole, or as NC's mom calls it, Tuesday.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I understand why you would say that. I don't walk away from the fact that out of seven presidential elections, I've only voted R once. And I've always maintained it's largely due to a simple issue of greater compatibility with my core value set, as while I don't hesitate to own being something of an asshole, I still can't shake those pesky lessons I learned from attending a Christian school beginning at the age of eight, lessons such as,

To be honest, this simply vibes way more with the dem's platform than it does that of the GOP. :shrug: There are issues with which I am at odds with the left as well (e.g., 2A), but just not as many I suppose.

While my values may lead me to lean left in elections, I consider myself a constitutional conservative, in that I believe every American should be afforded equal opportunity, protection of their Bill of Rights, and access to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I've owned a small business, currently sit on the board of a software startup, and am every bit the free market capitalist. However, I believe that anything in its purest, unadulterated form - and especially capitalism - is inherently dangerous and incongruent to the healthy functioning of a free and democratic postmodern society. And I believe a citizen has a duty to pay taxes, not avoid them.

I wholly get the urge to reduce things down to a blue/red, right/wrong simplified categorization - as I do the same - but in reality, the end-result more often than not involves trying to cram a square peg through a round hole, or as NC's mom calls it, Tuesday.

Great post.  

• Like 1

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Great post.  

But especially the part about NC's mom masturbating with a table leg on Tuesdays, right?

Sorry... if I didn't do or say something self-destructive to sully my name following your gracious compliment, I just wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

But especially the part about NC's mom masturbating with a table leg on Tuesdays, right?

Sorry... if I didn't do or say something self-destructive to sully my name following your gracious compliment, I just wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

Had top stop laughing before I could reply. :D

• Like 1

Barack Obama