TheSanDiegan

"Papers please" - CBP agents request DOMESTIC passengers produce ID at JFK

They were apparently looking for a legal immigrant who had received a deportation order following multiple criminal convictions. However, Delta would have had a pax manifest, and the person in question could have been pulled off before the rest were allowed to deplane.

WhyTF CBP stood outside the jetbridge on a domestic transcon, requesting domestic pax produce papers like the fn Gestapo is beyond me.

"U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed Thursday that their agents requested to see the identification of domestic flight passengers landing at a New York airport Wednesday night as they searched for an immigrant who had received a deportation order to leave the United States."

Link

So are we"great again" yet? :huh: If so, it's pretty overrated if you ask me.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

They were apparently looking for a legal immigrant who had received a deportation order following multiple criminal convictions. However, Delta would have had a pax manifest, and the person in question could have been pulled off before the rest were allowed to deplane.

WhyTF CBP stood outside the jetbridge on a domestic transcon, requesting domestic pax produce papers like the fn Gestapo is beyond me.

Link

So are we"great again" yet? :huh: If so, it's pretty overrated if you ask me.

Ridiculous. CBP has no authority or jurisdiction to detain and interrogate American citizens as they exit a domestic flight. 

1 hour ago, PTR said:

Ridiculous. CBP has no authority or jurisdiction to detain and interrogate American citizens as they exit a domestic flight. 

IDK ever since 9-11 airports are free range for any police force to do whatever they want.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

IDK ever since 9-11 airports are free range for any police force to do whatever they want.

Yep. the ol' "something something terrorist something something threat level" rationale for shredding the constitution. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Yep. Gave up a lot of freedom for 0 security. 

Ahhhh the good ole "Patriot Act" that essentially every member of congress and the senate voted for. No shirt, no shoes, no dice 

• Like 1

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage