wolfpack1

A little off topic but question

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

So Kansas last night won their 13th straight regular season title in the Big 12. So my question is if one team wins the same conference over and over again does that speak for the conference or more for the team that does it?

In this case I'd say the team/program..........the B12 has had some strong teams over the years..............Kansas winning the B12 is better than 1980's UNLV teams winning the Big West or Gonzaga winning the WCC 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

In this case I'd say the team/program..........the B12 has had some strong teams over the years..............Kansas winning the B12 is better than 1980's UNLV teams winning the Big West or Gonzaga winning the WCC 

Being a WVU fan I agree with you. There are some really good teams in the Big 12 (3 of 10 are in the top 12), but Kansas is the best program overall. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

4 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

So Kansas last night won their 13th straight regular season title in the Big 12. So my question is if one team wins the same conference over and over again does that speak for the conference or more for the team that does it?

Kansas is a blue blood. Much like Alabama in football.

Their respective conferences are really good but they continually rise to the top.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
16 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

WCC > MWC in basketball.  

All because of one team.  Gonzaga.

8 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Something else saw that since Bill Self took over Kansas they have more Big 12 Titles than home losses..............however always enjoy pointing out one of those losses was to Nevada

Nevada is 2-1 against Kansas. They came to Lawlor to throw a bone to Padgett, a player from Reno, so he could play at home once. At the time, Nevada wasn't very good, but Kansas came to Reno and got stomped 75-61 and Lawlor was going nuts watching Kirk Snyder go off for 29 points. Kansas returned the favor the following year at Allen Fieldhouse 85-52. The last game, also at Kansas, Nevada beat the Jayhawks 72-70 and Kansas' assistant coach, Dooley, told Fazekas to F' off on national tv after the game as Fazekas laughed.

74eade8e.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Nevada is 2-1 against Kansas. They came to Lawlor to throw a bone to Padgett, a player from Reno, so he could play at home once. At the time, Nevada wasn't very good, but Kansas came to Reno and got stomped 75-61 and Lawlor was going nuts watching Kirk Snyder go off for 29 points. Kansas returned the favor the following year at Allen Fieldhouse 85-52. The last game, also at Kansas, Nevada beat the Jayhawks 72-70 and Kansas' assistant coach, Dooley, told Fazekas to F' off on national tv after the game as Fazekas laughed.

74eade8e.jpg

It was a deal signed between Fox and I believe Williams at the time because of Padgett and I remember when they played Kansas there were a ton of Kansas fans in the crowd who about half way through the first half got real silent. The third game of the series the scene I remember watching the game was when Fazekas hit a three point shot from the corner which put them up I think 6 with less than a minute left and Fox who had his jacket off pumped his fist toward the floor when Fazekas hit the shot