mugtang

WTF - access for the press being denied by the regime

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

No. He did not. People confuse that story all the time.

I thought he did 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, RamSack said:

I don't.  But regardless of who's in charge, no news organization should be blocked from the White House. 

Who would you have decide what qualifies as a news organization?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Instead of hosting the typical briefing on camera in the briefing room -- which in the first month has been regularly broadcast live on the major cable networks -- the White House invited the pool, which on Friday consisted of Hearst Newspapers and CBS, into Spicer’s office, along with a select group of other outlets. Because of the presence of the pool, the information was still shared with the entire White House press corps.

In addition to CBS and Hearst, the White House invited NBC, Fox, ABC, One America News Network, The Wall Street Journal, McClatchy, Breitbart and Washington Times reporters to attend. Reporters from outlets including the BBC, CNN, New York Times, Los Angeles Times and POLITICO were not permitted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/reporters-blocked-white-house-gaggle-235360

Your point is? BTW, the Fox News thing with Obama that everyone confuses? It was a threat over denying Fox News access to a pool interview, which the administration did not follow up on. And I wonder why One America and Breitbart were allowed, and the NY Times was not? More fun thoughts. The AP and Time Magazine thought it so egregious that they did not attend in protest.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Edited by mug as the formatting sucked. 

When you copy and paste form certain places the formatting shows up all phucked up on mobile.  Select "remove formatting" when you paste it please. 

It shows like this...

IMG_8921.PNG

16 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Instead of hosting the typical briefing on camera in the briefing room -- which in the first month has been regularly broadcast live on the major cable networks -- the White House invited the pool, which on Friday consisted of Hearst Newspapers and CBS, into Spicer’s office, along with a select group of other outlets. Because of the presence of the pool, the information was still shared with the entire White House press corps.

In addition to CBS and Hearst, the White House invited NBC, Fox, ABC, One America News Network, The Wall Street Journal, McClatchy, Breitbart and Washington Times reporters to attend. Reporters from outlets including the BBC, CNN, New York Times, Los Angeles Times and POLITICO were not permitted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/reporters-blocked-white-house-gaggle-235360

Reporters from the Associated Press and Time were invited to attend, but out of solidarity chose to sit the meeting out.

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Your point is? BTW, the Fox News thing with Obama that everyone confuses? It was a threat over denying Fox News access to a pool interview, which the administration did not follow up on. And I wonder why One America and Breitbart were allowed, and the NY Times was not? More fun thoughts. The AP and Time Magazine thought it so egregious that they did not attend in protest.

My point is that the pool was invited, giving information access to everyone in the press. 

NBC, ABC, and Time were invited, and they are hardly right-leaning pres members. 

2 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

My point is that the pool was invited, giving information access to everyone in the press. 

NBC, ABC, and Time were invited, and they are hardly right-leaning pres members. 

Lemming

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

"Gaggles" historically refer to informal briefings the press secretary conducts with the press pool rather than the entire press corps....they were more or less off the record, and their purpose was mostly to exchange information - the president's schedule and briefing schedule, from the administration side; heads-up on likely topics or early comment on pressing issues, from the news side

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_gaggle

48 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Strange world when Brietbart is seen as more vital or valuable than NYT, BBC, LAT, or CNN. 

• Like 5

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

5 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Strange world when Brietbart is seen as more vital or valuable than NYT, BBC, LAT, or CNN. 

There is nothing important going on at this gaggle - Spicer is just straightening out the questions to be asked in the first presidential debate.

That's why CNN wasn't invited - Spicer doesn't want Cory Booker to hear then first! 

• Like 4

This is exactly what I've been saying for a while now. Trump is trying to set his Administration up as the sole source of legitimate news in the country, which will then only be disseminated through their chosen media outlets. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is exactly what I've been saying for a while now. Trump is trying to set his Administration up as the sole source of legitimate news in the country, which will then only be disseminated through their chosen media outlets. 

LOL

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!