BSUTOP25

More Police State Shit

I don't do biased blogs. Or blogs in general.

On the news last night, it seems that those kids often trampled on other people's properties, including this off-duty police officer's. Making it an on-going problem. The cop had enough of that, and only pulled out his gun after being pushed over a hedge and being surrounded by a bunch of people in a hostile environment. 1 shot was fired into the ground as a warning, no one was hurt, and that was the incident.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I don't do biased blogs. Or blogs in general.

On the news last night, it seems that those kids often trampled on other people's properties, including this off-duty police officer's. Making it an on-going problem. The cop had enough of that, and only pulled out his gun after being pushed over a hedge and being surrounded by a bunch of people in a hostile environment. 1 shot was fired into the ground as a warning, no one was hurt, and that was the incident.

That's how I understand the incident as well.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'm not a fan of how that cop handled that situation. At all. The physical detainment in itself was bad but discharging his firearm? Come on. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm not a fan of how that cop handled that situation. At all. The physical detainment in itself was bad but discharging his firearm? Come on. 

Yeah I have to think if I kidnapped a kid and shot my lawn I'd be looking at 5-10 in rawlins

• Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah I have to think if I kidnapped a kid and shot my lawn I'd be looking at 5-10 in rawlins

No kidding right? But you and I are just riff raff citizens you know. 

I have to think that if I were in that situation and saw some plain clothes dude manhandling a kid, and then firing shots at them, he'd be dead and I'd be serving life. 

• Like 2

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

15 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm not either, but that was getting to the point where those kids were going to jump him.

I'm not quire sure why he was holding on to the kid, though.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm not either, but that was getting to the point where those kids were going to jump him.

I'm not quire sure why he was holding on to the kid, though.

He should have never gotten himself into that situation 

I can't believe people are defending that cop. Bootlicking is not a good look.

he didn't like the kids walking on his lawn, which I understand, but is that really a gun-worthy situation? I know he wasn't going to shoot anyone but even pulling it out reeks of an authoritarian inferiority complex. At minimum, he acted like a total jackass. The kids may have been annoying little punks but they weren't dangerous. 

When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike down this giant hill without touching the brakes (I'm amazed im alive too). I'd slam them as soon as I hit the bottom and leave giant skid marks in front of this guys house. When he finally caught me, he and his wife invited me inside, offered me a soda, and explained exactly why they didn't like me doing that and that I should be respectful of their property. He didn't even raise his voice. I never did it again. I suppose if that guy were a cop and shot at me, he'd be some kind of hero.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

What if he caught them vandalizing his property?

Well, I think you gotta shoot them, right?  Isn't that why we have the Second Amendment? 

You just never know if the kids would be carrying, and a man has to protect his property. 

• Like 1

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Lemme explain my position.

We had some kids in the neighborhood that were vandalizing fences and mailboxes.  It's a cost to the people in the neighborhood, and I had to buy 2 new mailboxes and 7 new slats for my fence from the fencing company and have them installed.  It happened multiple times over the course of a few months to us and several surrounding neighbors.  So, that ran me about 150 dollars, sure; not much money.  When you finally catch these kids, you want them or their parents to pay back your cost.  The kids in this instance had good parents who I showed my receipts to, and the compensated me fairly for the stuff their kids broke, we didn't press charges, and the kids hopefully learned a lesson.  It pissed me off, but it worked out ok.  Much of the time that doesn't work out ok in these situations and you are out the money without being caught, and that type of stuff pisses me off when people are not considerate of property.

I don't know the situation or why he's detaining the kid, but kids won't tell you who they are so you can tell the cops on them. It's wrong of him to use a gun, it's wrong of the kids to do whatever they were doing and to try and get physical with the guy.  He's the adult in that situation and needs to maintain some semblance of calm and using a gun just escalates that.   That could have easily escalated in to a George Zimmerman situation.  It could have easily ended up with an adult concealed carry person passing by and drawing their weapon without knowing what is going on.  

We're lucky none of that happened.

• Like 3

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest RoscoesDad
53 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

Well, I think you gotta shoot them, right?  Isn't that why we have the Second Amendment? 

You just never know if the kids would be carrying, and a man has to protect his property. 

Anyone who defends that prick cop is a complete retard.  

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Lemme explain my position.

We had some kids in the neighborhood that were vandalizing fences and mailboxes.  It's a cost to the people in the neighborhood, and I had to buy 2 new mailboxes and 7 new slats for my fence from the fencing company and have them installed.  It happened multiple times over the course of a few months to us and several surrounding neighbors.  So, that ran me about 150 dollars, sure; not much money.  When you finally catch these kids, you want them or their parents to pay back your cost.  The kids in this instance had good parents who I showed my receipts to, and the compensated me fairly for the stuff their kids broke, we didn't press charges, and the kids hopefully learned a lesson.  It pissed me off, but it worked out ok.  Much of the time that doesn't work out ok in these situations and you are out the money without being caught, and that type of stuff pisses me off when people are not considerate of property.

I don't know the situation or why he's detaining the kid, but kids won't tell you who they are so you can tell the cops on them. It's wrong of him to use a gun, it's wrong of the kids to do whatever they were doing and to try and get physical with the guy.  He's the adult in that situation and needs to maintain some semblance of calm and using a gun just escalates that.   That could have easily escalated in to a George Zimmerman situation.  It could have easily ended up with an adult concealed carry person passing by and drawing their weapon without knowing what is going on.  

We're lucky none of that happened.

I'm just ribbing ya. 

Just now, Jwherb said:

I'm just ribbing ya. 

I know you are.  I'd be interested to see the entire incident from start to finish, through what the kids were doing until the cops "investigated".  It looked like they were all over there getting their stories straight.  Cops are weird sometimes.

From the videos I've seen about this incident, it looks like an argument which led to a misunderstanding that got escalated. Both are at fault, but I put more blame on the cop.

If the officer actually called a girl a ++++, even if she was on his property it was completely unnecessary and could've prevented everything. Whether the kid said he was going to shoot or sue him, he shouldn't have held on to him the entire time. The kids shouldn't have started attacking him and pushed him over the hedge. If you look at the kid who jumped over the hedge you can see he starts to reach for something in his back pocket. The officer clearly thought he was reaching for a weapon, whether he was or not we'll probably never know. 

Then the gun comes out, he's clearly holding it with his non dominant hand considering how awkward he looks holding it. I don't know if he was just pulling it out to get them to stop or to fire a warning shot. But he definitely didn't mean to fire it at that time and he should be glad it didn't hit the kid or someone else, that'd be a whole new mess. 

The cop should've handled that situation in a better way.

Guest RoscoesDad
3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I know you are.  I'd be interested to see the entire incident from start to finish, through what the kids were doing until the cops "investigated".  It looked like they were all over there getting their stories straight.  Cops are weird sometimes.

What frigging incident do you need to see?  These are literally kids walking across this guy's property.  So in your mind you need proof that a gun didn't need to be pulled or a kid dragged around by an adult by his collar.   You just need more evidence.  Give me a +++++ing break.   If that was your kid being dragged around by the collar , I know for a FACT that you'd be singing a different tune.

6 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

What frigging incident do you need to see?  These are literally kids walking across this guy's property.  So in your mind you need proof that a gun didn't need to be pulled or a kid dragged around by an adult by his collar.   You just need more evidence.  Give me a +++++ing break.   If that was your kid being dragged around by the collar , I know for a FACT that you'd be singing a different tune.

Good thing you're on the internet and don't handle any of the real justices.

All is well, For Rice is gone.