TheSanDiegan

Rtd 4* Admiral, SEAL, SOCOM CO calls Trump's denunciation of media "Greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime

While Sen. McCain's rally cry against Trump's attempted marginalization of a free press is written off by some right-wing pundits as a personal axe to grind, yesterday another American hero spoke up on the issue. On the heels of McCain's statement that this is how dictatorships get started, former SEAL and 4-star Admiral William McRaven called Trump's denunciation of the media as an "enemy of the American people" the "greatest threat to democracy" he's ever seen:

"William H. McRaven, a retired four-star admiral and former Navy SEAL, slammed President Trump’s characterization of the media as 'the enemy of the American people,' calling that sentiment the 'greatest threat to democracy' he’s ever seen."

Link

This is the man who oversaw the raid that killed bin Laden. A brief bio on McRaven form his Wiki page:

"McRaven has commanded at every level within the special operations community, including assignments as deputy commander for operations at JSOC, Commodore of Naval Special Warfare Group 1, Commander of SEAL Team 3, task group commander in the CENTCOM area of responsibility, task unit commander during the Persian Gulf War, squadron commander at Naval Special Warfare Development Group, and platoon commander at Underwater Demolition Team 21/SEAL Team 4... On April 6, 2011, McRaven was nominated by President Barack Obama for appointment to the rank of admiral and as the ninth Commander of USSOCOM"

Link

• Like 4

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

When I first saw this meme, I thought 40% sounded high. Now, it sounds way too low...

If you take the vote totals it's 45-46%...............but I suspect some voters just were conned by Trump & his lies .......fell for the lies and ignored the racist aspects............But I bet a good 25% fully got behind Trump based on racism, hatred & xenophobia 

Bigger problem is Trump is so used to lying he can't distinguish reality from lies...........like in the press conference when asked about his lying on how big his election was Trump just sloughed it off saying "this was something I was told and given"

This is the guy with nukes at his finger tips !!! 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

If you take the vote totals it's 45-46%...............but I suspect some voters just were conned by Trump & his lies .......fell for the lies and ignored the racist aspects............But I bet a good 25% fully got behind Trump based on racism, hatred & xenophobia 

Bigger problem is Trump is so used to lying he can't distinguish reality from lies...........like in the press conference when asked about his lying on how big his election was Trump just sloughed it off saying "this was something I was told and given"

This is the guy with nukes at his finger tips !!! 

That video cracks me up.

"you're the president."

i have to laugh at it or I'll consider the implications.

sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, it takes me as many as 45 minutes to remember that Donald "john baron" trump is the president of the United goddamn states. 

If nothing else, trump has helped me become a morning person.

• Like 1

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That video cracks me up.

"you're the president."

i have to laugh at it or I'll consider the implications.

sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, it takes me as many as 45 minutes to remember that Donald "john baron" trump is the president of the United goddamn states. 

If nothing else, trump has helped me become a morning person.

Agree- everyday I wake up, being 3 hours behind DC time..........it's always fun to see what Orange45 has done !! 

I used to be able to go for days without needing to hear much from DC........but now I almost need hourly updates - the "STUPID" has become that epic 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

While Sen. McCain's rally cry against Trump's attempted marginalization of a free press is written off by some right-wing pundits as a personal axe to grind, yesterday another American hero spoke up on the issue. On the heels of McCain's statement that this is how dictatorships get started, former SEAL and 4-star Admiral William McRaven called Trump's denunciation of the media as an "enemy of the American people" the "greatest threat to democracy" he's ever seen:

Link

This is the man who oversaw the raid that killed bin Laden. A brief bio on McRaven form his Wiki page:

Link

If this guy had criticized Barry, he'd be audited by the IRS. Let's hope The Donald follows Barry's example.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IQ of a third grader?  Whoever created this meme does not know how IQ tests work.  Not that the general sentiment is not valid, but the meme creator is clearly not an intellectual either.

Misplaced apostrophe, verb-tense issues, and random capitalization also dead giveaways.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IQ of a third grader?  Whoever created this meme does not know how IQ tests work.  Not that the general sentiment is not valid, but the meme creator is clearly not an intellectual either.

Not to mention the grammatical errors. 

• Like 2

Guest RoscoesDad
5 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yes - And that doesn't prevent him from disclosing them 

I can't wait until Trump's tax returns are leaked.  It's going to be glorious.

Just now, RoscoesDad said:

Agree - he's hiding a few things 

1) he's not as rich as he claims

2) He's in debt up to his net worth to everyone around the planet

3) He literally pays 2% tax rate

4) he's got loans & business dealings with foreign interests that compromise his ethics

• Like 1

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree - he's hiding a few things 

1) he's not as rich as he claims

2) He's in debt up to his net worth to everyone around the planet

3) He literally pays 2% tax rate

4) he's got loans & business dealings with foreign interests that compromise his ethics

The guy is dirty and everyone knows it.   Just like I know Putin or the CIA or the FBI or someone in the IRS is just waiting for the right time.

Admiral McRaven was a good SEAL, a good Admiral and is a very good public speaker.  He is also a dem who was supposedly considered as a VP candidate for Hillary.  

It is entirely possible that his shot at Trump was the beginning of his 2020 campaign.  If so, the Dems could do a lot worse. Like Webb would have done, Admiral McRaven could attract some crossover votes.  But I'm not sure if the large Snowflake wing of the party could accept a military man as a candidate.  

If he were to run, I'd give him a hard look. Just as I would have done for Webb if he'd have been the nominee or decided to run 3rd party. 

I wonder if Admiral McRaven would consider a 3rd party run and name a moderate conservative as a running mate.  If he did, that would be both intriguing and interesting. 

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 2/24/2017 at 0:53 PM, RoscoesDad said:

The only people who give a shit about Trump's tax returns are people who didn't vote for him and won't be voting for him next time. 

• Like 2

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama