RiverCityBronco

So much for states rights, libertarianism and all that.

27 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

What does Republicanism have to do with Libertarianism? :blink:

Libertarians are against the Drug War and want to decriminalize. Trump is no Libertarian, not even close. Educate yourself or shut up.

• Like 5

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Yup.... which bathroom a TG kid pee's in are state's rights or passing legislation that discriminates against the LGBT community are state's rights but you smoke a joint and we want to send you to a private prison so we can get rich because that's not a state's right. 

Throw in the war on drugs has cost billions of dollars, created more criminals, created cartels, lead to deaths of hundreds of thousands so let's make it even worse. F*ck this administration. 

• Like 6

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

I'm not sure what being a libertarian has to do with the authoritarian Trump? 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

51 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Libertarians are against the Drug War and want to decriminalize. Trump is no Libertarian, not even close. Educate yourself or shut up.

Well....don't ya think that's rather authoritarian?

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Well....don't ya think that's rather authoritarian?

No. Encouraging ignorance is how authoritarians maintain their power. Knowledge is freedom. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Many Republicans claim, falsely, to be libertarian.  Our own Butch Otter and many of our Idaho legislators claim to be libertarian and claim Idaho is a libertarian state.  Which is of course a bunch of crap, because I have found that most people who claim to be libertarians are simply social conservatives.  Almost all Republicans, however, speak of states rights and limiting federal oversight.  So now you have a case where the citizens of certain states have voted on a policy, and the Republican led federal government is threatening to crack down.  The Democratic party has got to be quite happy with this turn of events.   By the way, I'll bet you that if asked, Trump would claim to be libertarian.  Of course, he claims a lot things that aren't true.

• Like 7
5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

20 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Many Republicans claim, falsely, to be libertarian.  Our own Butch Otter and many of our Idaho legislators claim to be libertarian and claim Idaho is a libertarian state.  Which is of course a bunch of crap, because I have found that most people who claim to be libertarians are simply social conservatives.  Almost all Republicans, however, speak of states rights and limiting federal oversight.  So now you have a case where the citizens of certain states have voted on a policy, and the Republican led federal government is threatening to crack down.  The Democratic party has got to be quite happy with this turn of events.   By the way, I'll be you that if asked, Trump would claim to be libertarian.  Of course, he claims a lot things that aren't true.

I've had that argument with many Republican's who claim to be libertarian.  They're not true libertarians.  They only claim they are when it's convenient for them. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

40 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No. Encouraging ignorance is how authoritarians maintain their power. Knowledge is freedom. 

The question is... is it okay to punch those who confuse libertarianism with being Republican?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I've had that argument with many Republican's who claim to be libertarian.  They're not true libertarians.  They only claim they are when it's convenient for them. 

LINOs?

• Like 6

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

5 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

The article was written in 2012.  Obviously Obama since then chose to not enforce federal law and chose to allow states rights on this issue.  But of course we are not talking about Obama here.  We are talking about the level of hypocrisy coming out of the Republican party on the states rights issue. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

The article was written in 2012.  Obviously Obama since then chose to not enforce federal law and chose to allow states rights on this issue.  But of course we are not talking about Obama here.  We are talking about the level of hypocrisy coming out of the Republican party on the states rights issue. 

Yeah, during an election year. That Barry - a man of principle!

My main point is the MJ is still a Schedule I drug and the Obama admin never re-scheduled it:

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

3 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Yeah, during an election year. That Barry - a man of principle!

My main point is the MJ is still a Schedule I drug and the Obama admin never re-scheduled it:

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

I think Obama would have rescheduled it before he left office, but I think he left it as a trap for Trump, and of course he fell right into it.  I'm mildly surprised though because when asked Trump seemed to always say that it should be left up to the states.  But I think Sessions probably pressured him.  You know Sessions is the guy who once said "I always thought the KKK was alright, until I found out they smoked pot".  I'm not a Democrat, but you know they are loving this move right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Many Republicans claim, falsely, to be libertarian.  Our own Butch Otter and many of our Idaho legislators claim to be libertarian and claim Idaho is a libertarian state.  Which is of course a bunch of crap, because I have found that most people who claim to be libertarians are simply social conservatives.  Almost all Republicans, however, speak of states rights and limiting federal oversight.  So now you have a case where the citizens of certain states have voted on a policy, and the Republican led federal government is threatening to crack down.  The Democratic party has got to be quite happy with this turn of events.   By the way, I'll bet you that if asked, Trump would claim to be libertarian.  Of course, he claims a lot things that aren't true.

I'll agree with this. I get pissed off when Republicans bastardize the libertarian label. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jwherb said:

The question is... is it okay to punch those who confuse libertarianism with being Republican?

Maybe just a light nut punch. 

• Like 1