Rosegreen

TKM & Co. called to the carpet.

7 hours ago, slappy said:

Nobody is swimming in money.  

What we are talking about is funds and priorities relative to other MW schools    

There is a divide in finances and priorities in this conference.  Whether you would like to believe it or not, that is fine.  

Las Vegas is going to struggle in the MW until they can increase funding and change their priorities.  I am pulling for them.  I just believe they belong in a different conference.  one where they can compete financially.  

You make all these assertions, but don't post any factual numbers to backup your claims that UNLV is in the wrong conference. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It's not the wrong approach at all. We need the money, and we should play teams like this annually.  I also believe that playing better competition helps you.

Don't worry rebel fans. Ph and his IQ of 140 is on board with what is going on with unlv athletics. 

• Like 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

38 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Don't waste your time.  He's just mad because Laramie is inferior to Las Vegas.

I dont see how slappy inferred that. 

Just misguided on the financial woes mean unlv is in the wrong conference. It doesn't have anything to do with conference affiliation. It has to do with rampant incompetence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

You make all these assertions, but don't post any factual numbers to backup your claims that UNLV is in the wrong conference. 

It's not in the wrong conference.  It's just being run by idiots.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Yeah, we should be playing Jackson State and lose money as a result.

You lose money because you don't win enough games to excite the fans. The only person getting beat like a drum by the Ohio State's of the world is going to help is TKM... serve up your players because she can't schedule.

8 hours ago, slappy said:

Nobody is swimming in money.  

What we are talking about is funds and priorities relative to other MW schools    

There is a divide in finances and priorities in this conference.  Whether you would like to believe it or not, that is fine.  

Las Vegas is going to struggle in the MW until they can increase funding and change their priorities.  I am pulling for them.  I just believe they belong in a different conference.  one where they can compete financially.  

Slappy, what are UNLV's priorities now and what do you think they should be?

9 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

You lose money because you don't win enough games to excite the fans. The only person getting beat like a drum by the Ohio State's of the world is going to help is TKM... serve up your players because she can't schedule.

Every team in the MW should schedule a P5 team in non-conference play.  Scheduling to build up cheap wins is a loser mentality.

20 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Every team in the MW should schedule a P5 team in non-conference play.  Scheduling to build up cheap wins is a loser mentality.

Boise State circa 2000s says hello. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

This. No better example of what a numbnutz and/or wimp Jessup is than that TKM is still employed. Jessup's significant other is a piece of work too.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

We're getting sidetracked with this scheduling nonsense.

Scheduling isn't the reason why nobody is showing up to SBS. It's the crappy product itself, crappy rosters comprised of players that don't belong at the D1 level. Was anyone excited towatch Palendach throw the football? No and nobody was buying what Sanchez was selling. 

Same goes for the Basketball program. It all leads to the people running the department and universities. They literally do not have a clue. Frankly they didn't have an answer last night when the Regents grilled them. When asked why her department was phucking up and running deficits, TKM disagreed and actually pointed to the non-revenue sports as a success. Pointed to the swim team, golf, hockey etc. you can't make this shit up.

Look the problem is simple, we don't have capable and competent people running things at UNLV. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I believe you have the worst football winning percentage west of the Mississippi.  You might even be bottom 3 all time.  $ and priorities.  

You have a football program that the that the university of Idaho looks down upon.  That alone is cause for removal.  

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

You are being kind.  We play football here.  They are the worse team in the country.  They belong in a basketball conference.  They should strive to be like gonzaga.