retrofade

Pitino had to be restrained from going after a UNC fan

Did anyone else see this last night? 

Here's the best part...

The ESPN sideline reporter said the same thing, though she spelled out S-U-C-K on air. :lol: 

The Louisville twittersphere immediately tried to claim that he flipped out over supposed racist comments directed towards Anas Mahmoud, which were false. Boss move by the fan though, immediately turned his back after saying it, and Pitino flipped the +++++ out at him and said he'd kick his ass, then doubled down on it during the post-game presser. 

Meanwhile Calipari had the Mizzou student section chanting "Cal you suck" at him the other day, and he shrugged it off. Pitino has some seriously thin skin... oh, and Louisville apparently travels with their own security, who demanded that the fan be ejected. 

16 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

UNC is a pretty liberal university.  More than enough safe space for him on that campus.

students-photographed-with-f-safe-space-

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I read on Rebelnet that he's going to replace Menzies next year.

11 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Taking the focus from his nasty loss?? 

Impossible  to believe he hasn't heard that 188,000 times before and somehow this guy 'got to" him!!?

Exactly! Pitino's cheap attempt at subterfuge. 

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

"You use strippers to recruit to your program!"

rick-pitino-beard.jpeg

"You suck!"

screen-shot-2017-02-22-at-11-24-38-pm.pn

Is that a 'man of the cloth' in the background looking like ' what the hell is your problem Pitino'?

This is the stuff I think is stupid. What is he going to do if he is not restrained? Nothing. It's a big show and they only do it because they get away with it. At the most what would even happen to him for this... a game suspension? It just for the media attention and advertises for the program. Hand out some major suspensions for acting like an idiot toward fans or refs and it will stop.

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

9 hours ago, UTAlrightGuy said:

This is the stuff I think is stupid. What is he going to do if he is not restrained? Nothing. It's a big show and they only do it because they get away with it. At the most what would even happen to him for this... a game suspension? It just for the media attention and advertises for the program. Hand out some major suspensions for acting like an idiot toward fans or refs and it will stop.

Why? Who the hell cares? Was anyone harmed by his little outburst? No body needs to be suspended or even reprimanded; having to watch himself lose his cool and taking shit from opposing fans is punishment enough.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Why? Who the hell cares? Was anyone harmed by his little outburst? No body needs to be suspended or even reprimanded; having to watch himself lose his cool and taking shit from opposing fans is punishment enough.

It's just stupid and annoying to have to watch the theatrics of modern day sports and overall culture but then again I'm just a 75 year old man trapped in 31 year old body. 

• Like 1

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

He's supposed to be an example to his players. Fail...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes