ltcpilot

UNLV at AF- no where to go but 'Up in the Air'

Interesting game tonight, some thoughts and stats
ps: Did everyone move to your 'premium forum'? Not much chatter here as there used to be...See ya at the tourney...ltcpilot)

AF vs UNLV...IT'S TIME!
Air Force vs UNLV Part 2

www.ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com

It's time for the Falcons to tipoff again versus UNLV in a match up of two teams at the bottom of the MWC at 3-11 and 'outside looking in' for a win. Both teams are in major losing streaks with AF losing 6 in a row and UNLV 7. In addition, the last two meetings between these two teams, both at UNLV, finished with a 3 OT loss by AF in the MWC tourney last year and a 2 OT loss this year in their first matchup. It is a game that is a must win for both teams so the tension is building!

Key match up tonight will be between these two players as AF's Hayden Graham will battle UNLV's Mooring

#35Graham #30Mooring
F - AFA G - UNLV
12.1PPG 12.6PPG
45.6FG% 37.6FG%
68.1FT% 77.8FT%
[IMG]

TEAM PPG PA FG% 3PT% RPG APG BPG SPG TO STRK
UNLV 70.7 75.4 39.8 33 38.3 13.1 2.7 6.1 13 L7
AF 74.5 75.4 44 37.4 35.9 15.2 1.9 6.1 12 L6

Keys are simple for the Falcons to win but simple is not always easy:

1) Get out of their heads and simply play for 40 minutes just like being on the playground. Give it 100% (as I believe they have been doing) but forget any mistakes that happen and go on to the next shot, the next defensive stop, the next rebound. Do this and we win.

2) Take care of the ball. The 12 TO/game in the stats above include the 'not-normal Falcon play' of 18 turnovers in the last game, 4 of which were in OT. DO NOT force the ball.

3) Penetrate and then penetrate some more. I expect a lot of zone from UNLV but it will still require play inside-out. And for goodness sake...If you get into the bonus the KEEP DRIVING. That is not the time to settle for the three-ball.

4) Find #30 Jovan Mooring who will shoot NBA distance 3's along with Green and Poyser.

This time can and will win and it begins tonight!

GO FALCONS BEAT UNLV

News links on the web (click)
Airport experience provides Air Force basketball coach with positive moment in down season
UNLV playing for higher Mountain West tournament seed
Players to watch when Rebels play Air Force, UNR this week
What the UNLV Rebels said after the loss at San Diego State
As losses mount for Rebels, Menzies continues to hold players accountable
3 takeaways from the UNLV Rebels-San Diego State game
UNLV falls to San Diego State, sets school record for most losses in a season

..GO FALCONS..

The game is the epitome of the MWC this year.  A battle for last place, but it will probably be an enjoyable yet ugly game to watch.  The first one was insane, and I expect this one to be no different.  Gotta give the edge to the Flyboys in Clune against a demoralized Rebel squad that hasn't won since the last time these two met.  Should be fun.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

You lost me there...

Watching 2 teams battling for a win that played 2 OT's last time they met with Mooring having 30pts and Graham 22pts. I find it interesting....if you don't care about your team anymore this season then maybe you don't.

..GO FALCONS..

It's an interesting game in that both teams are having a really rough time and they both think they may be able to get a W tonight. AF must feel like they let one get away in Vegas and I think they will come out with confidence and focus.  Despite the Rebs being outplayed in their losing streak, they've played hard and done their best.  I keep waiting for them to throw in the towel on the season but I can't say it has happened yet, however a loss here for the Rebs may very well be the straw that breaks the proverbial back of this year's camel. I'm not betting this game but gun to my head...AF wins by 5 or 6.

It's +++++ing embarrassing to get beaten by Air Force, rebuilding year or not.  Even in our dire circumstances, we wouldn't have taken any of Air Force's players back in April.  In addition, if they lose tonight, then they DO NOT deserve one off day this offseason.

22 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It's +++++ing embarrassing to get beaten by Air Force, rebuilding year or not.  Even in our dire circumstances, we wouldn't have taken any of Air Force's players back in April.  In addition, if they lose tonight, then they DO NOT deserve one off day this offseason.

It will be a good day when you get a clue of how team athletics work. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 minute ago, boisewitha-s said:

It will be a good day when you get a clue of how team athletics work. 

It will be a good day when the brand isn't being destroyed.  I have too much pride to not be embarrassed to lose to Air Force.  They're a TERRIBLE basketball team.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

It will be a good day when the brand isn't being destroyed.  I have too much pride to not be embarrassed to lose to Air Force.  They're a TERRIBLE basketball team.

If u ever played sports you wouldn't be embarrassed by this. Unlv is not very good. All of your star rankings and however else you judge players means jack shiit. 

"The Brand". Lol. U have no clue what it took to get that brand and even less as to how to get unlv respectable again. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

If u ever played sports you wouldn't be embarrassed by this. Unlv is not very good. All of your star rankings and however else you judge players means jack shiit. 

"The Brand". Lol. U have no clue what it took to get that brand and even less as to how to get unlv respectable again. 

I've played team sports, and I'm embarrassed.

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Hoping AF pulls this out.  I have a bet Vegas football wins as many conference games as the hoops team, and to think some thought It was a foolish play.  

At least it ain't with me this time...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. Every player on Air Force and unlv works hard and plays hard. You haven't ever done shiit let alone play sports and you say you are embarrassed by unlv. 

I've played organized basketball, soccer, tennis, and track and field dipshit.