LoFasZz

Clavell and Omogbo are the two best players in the league

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

That game in Viejas was the launching pad for the Rams this season. I know SDSU is down this year but they have been the class of the league for so long.  Wins there are big.

Shrigley and Cheatem did not play in that game...I'm more than sure they would've made up the 2 pts that the Tecs lost by...plus...those two play defense well...also play significant parts in the team's rotation....so we'll see this weekend...I'll give you a 6 pt hedge because of the altitude...but they're still winning the game if healthy...which I think they'll be....

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Marshall and Oliver?

They were nothing more than just good against SDSU at your house and awful at Viejas whereas the CSU guys were devastating. So, no.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, KingBronco said:

I don't believe either one of those guys are even in the top 5. They're both good players, but neither is elite, even by MWC standards.

I don't agree with him but cmon... Clavell is easily top 2. Not sure where omogbo fits, top 10 probably. 

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

They were nothing more than just good against SDSU at your house and awful at Viejas whereas the CSU guys were devastating. So, no.

Basing it off our two games against SDSU vs their one, yes I agree.  But overall, Marshall is leading the league in points.  Oliver in blocks. Omogbo leading in rebounds but otherwise neither of them crack the top 5 in points, assists, fg %, blocks, rebounds and steals. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Basing it off our two games against SDSU vs their one, yes I agree.  But overall, Marshall is leading the league in points.  Oliver in blocks. Omogbo leading in rebounds but otherwise neither of them crack the top 5 in points, assists, fg %, blocks, rebounds and steals. 

In MWC games, Clavell is 1st in scoring, 2nd in steals, and 7th in rebounding.

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Huh?.. by my calculations Clavell is at 20.93 ppg in conference and Marshall is at 18.21.... Still not sure if Clavell is leading but he's got more than your boy. Everyone loves to hate on CSU's players just because you dislike some fans on a damn message board. Plus Clavell has never been below 10 pts in a game and that happened once, the rest of his games are 15+. Marshall has had games of 2 and 4 points on 1 of 10 and 1 of 12 shooting. Clavell also gets a lot of steals. It seems like you are cherry-picking. 

28 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Nice sample size. I'd give Clavell the edge over Marshall at this point but based off of more than three freaking games. 

13 minutes ago, 15csu2014 said:

Huh?.. by my calculations Clavell is at 20.93 ppg in conference and Marshall is at 18.21.... Still not sure if Clavell is leading but he's got more than your boy. Everyone loves to hate on CSU's players just because you dislike some fans on a damn message board. Plus Clavell has never been below 10 pts in a game and that happened once, the rest of his games are 15+. Marshall has had games of 2 and 4 points on 1 of 10 and 1 of 12 shooting. Clavell also gets a lot of steals. It seems like you are cherry-picking. 

Don't sell yourself short - we hate your coach and your high school gym with the two-headed dildo also...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 15csu2014 said:

I can see how this can be confusing however, for some reason ESPN and TheMW.com don't even list Clavell on their statistics leaders... ?

themw.com separates the stats to Conference Only. Thats where you can find the numbers that are supposed to be used for the Coach's votes for All COnference honors.

http://www.themw.com/page/team-stats-m-baskbl-stat-crew

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

What? You're crazy saying Clavell doesn't crack top 5. Oh wait, my bad, I thought you said arrests .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

themw.com separates the stats to Conference Only. Thats where you can find the numbers that are supposed to be used for the Coach's votes for All COnference honors.

http://www.themw.com/page/team-stats-m-baskbl-stat-crew

"They are taking the whole season into account. Have you ever followed sports before?"

-Some Boise Idiot

3 hours ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Nice sample size. I'd give Clavell the edge over Marshall at this point but based off of more than three freaking games. 

For MWC games, Marshall leads the conference in assists to TO ratio. However, the two CSU guys as a pair are as good or better than Marshall/Ollie in everything else. Offensive rebounds: Omogbo is numero uno with 3.1 per game and #1 in defensive RBs with 8.1 versus Oliver's 8.0. In ppg the CSU guys collectively average 37.5 versus 36.6 for your guys. In 3 pt FG accuracy Clavell leads Marshall 43.7 38.7. In steals the two Rams are first and seventh. Neither of your guys is in the top 10 in the MWC. Biggest enough sample size now?

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I'd take Reno's starting 5 over anyone.

I'd take SDSU's full roster and coach over anyone.

CSU? They'll make a good semi finals game.

I'll buy that and add that when Eustachy doesn't have Omongbo and Clavell in 2017-18, considering the mediocrity of the other guys who've been playing, it's gonna be a whole different season for the Rams.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

For MWC games, Marshall leads the conference in assists to TO ratio. However, the two CSU guys as a pair are as good or better than Marshall/Ollie in everything else. Offensive rebounds: Omogbo is numero uno with 3.1 per game and #1 in defensive RBs with 8.1 versus Oliver's 8.0. In ppg the CSU guys collectively average 37.5 versus 36.6 for your guys. In 3 pt FG accuracy Clavell leads Marshall 43.7 38.7. In steals the two Rams are first and seventh. Neither of your guys is in the top 10 in the MWC. Biggest enough sample size now?

Yep. Claiming they are the better duo isn't outrageous. Hell, at this point, they have probably performed better. I just found an argument using only performance against SDSU to be weird. Use all information at hand, man. 

Oh, you forgot to list blocks ;) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

End of story

Come on, they just a** r**ed a no defense playing New Mexico team... these two guys would have career nights against UNM's defense too!

Dammit... can someone paste a pic of dumb and dumber here for me please!?

• Like 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."