thelawlorfaithful

New guidelines for deportation

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

a pony isn't an essential service...not dying from stuff that killed people in the 1500s is...at least in my opinion.

roads are an essential service...but yet roads cost money...so we have the govt do it via taxes.

if we do that with roads...why not healthcare?

Jesus...didn't know you were going to take that literally.

On paper I'm not opposed to a base universal coverage with a personal upgrade option.  My biggest hang up is having the government run it....we are already bogged down with bureaucratic checklists that detract from patient care now.  I can only imagine how bad it would be if they are in control across the board.

• Like 2

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

11 minutes ago, Chile_Ute said:

Jesus...didn't know you were going to take that literally.

On paper I'm not opposed to a base universal coverage with a personal upgrade option.  My biggest hang up is having the government run it....we are already bogged down with bureaucratic checklists that detract from patient care now.  I can only imagine how bad it would be if they are in control across the board.

I simply answered sarcasm with sarcasm...I have stated I would prefer a hybrid here.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

sad, that's one of the things I liked...

but really, healthcare should not be tied to a job, period.

I don't like the government telling it's people that they have to purchase something from a private company.  And no, it's not like auto insurance as you have the choice of not driving.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Getting back to the subject of deportation...

Timing of the new guidelines was poor considering the imminent talks with Mexico. There's a big problem with the plan to deport citizens of third countries back to Mexico if that is the border they've crossed. Mexico doesn't have to accept them. On NPR today they had a bit on the procedure for deporting Mexicans. Virtually none have documents. Mexican officials have to certify they are citizens and accept them. Mexico could simply stop being willing to do this. Both moves on the part of Mexico would leave us with a lot of detainees. Like I said earlier in the thread, time to build more detention capacity.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Getting back to the subject of deportation...

Timing of the new guidelines was poor considering the imminent talks with Mexico. There's a big problem with the plan to deport citizens of third countries back to Mexico if that is the border they've crossed. Mexico doesn't have to accept them. On NPR today they had a bit on the procedure for deporting Mexicans. Virtually none have documents. Mexican officials have to certify they are citizens and accept them. Mexico could simply stop being willing to do this. Both moves on the part of Mexico would leave us with a lot of detainees. Like I said earlier in the thread, time to build more detention capacity.

Start building the camps!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Mexico really isn't the problem.  As @youngrebelfan40 pointed out, we have a net loss in immigration with Mexico.  The problem is the other Central American countries.  Mexico just gets all the shit because they're the ones who border the United States.

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

unaffordable healthcare is the exact same as no healthcare...it just lets the wealthy sleep well knowing 'they could have it if they would just worked a little harder'

Health care and health insurance are two different things.  It's important to know the difference

The World Needs More Cowboys!

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Mexico really isn't the problem.  As @youngrebelfan40 pointed out, we have a net loss in immigration with Mexico.  The problem is the other Central American countries.  Mexico just gets all the shit because they're the ones who border the United States.

And at the moment, Mexico is detaining and deporting many of those people before they get to our border. Another thing Mexico could do is just stop that enforcement. The Trumpists seem to think we can make Mexico bend to our will. IMO they have a shock coming. The history between the two countries shows that when we give Mexico a chance to unite in antipathy to the US, they will definitely do so. Mexico may suffer, but so will we. And they're a lot more used to it than we are.

"Pobre de México tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de Estados Unidos"

• Like 1

Mexico to the US:  "They're not ours - they have no documentation.  They're not coming here"

US to Mexico: "But... but... they crossed from your country and they have brown skin.  You have to take them."

Mexico to US:  "Go pound sand."

• Like 4

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

2 hours ago, Jwherb said:

Mexico to the US:  "They're not ours - they have no documentation.  They're not coming here"

US to Mexico: "But... but... they crossed from your country and they have brown skin.  You have to take them."

Mexico to US:  "Go pound sand."

So Mexico is as racist, if not more racist than Trump.

Who woulda thunk it.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

So Mexico is as racist, if not more racist than Trump.

Who woulda thunk it.

How does that follow?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

And at the moment, Mexico is detaining and deporting many of those people before they get to our border. Another thing Mexico could do is just stop that enforcement. The Trumpists seem to think we can make Mexico bend to our will. IMO they have a shock coming. The history between the two countries shows that when we give Mexico a chance to unite in antipathy to the US, they will definitely do so. Mexico may suffer, but so will we. And they're a lot more used to it than we are.

"Pobre de México tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de Estados Unidos"

So Mexico is willing to go full retard and cripple their own country just to "Stick it"  to "Trumpists."

Dangerous game to play. To say Mexico has any leverage is pretty reaching I'd think.

Just now, happycamper said:

How does that follow?

They don't want brown people in their country that is not the same nationality? Right?

It's a joke. I thought it was funny.

Guest RoscoesDad
10 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

They don't want brown people in their country that is not the same nationality? Right?

It's a joke. I thought it was funny.

Yeah most other countries are racist as all get out.  But I think the premise is that the USA is better than that and as such always held higher ground. I guess that's no longer a given.  

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Nevada has the highest proportion of illegals in the country. Nearly 8% of our population were illegal immigrants and something like 70-75% of them were citizens of Mexico. They're over half the illegal immigiration nationally.

That's an estimate of up to 175,000 illegal immigrants from Mexico alone in Nevada

So while people from Central America and other places slip through the cracks, Mexico is still the main factor in it all. They do a good job on their southern border. A lot better than we do on ours.

5 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Yeah most other countries are racist as all get out.  But I think the premise is that the USA is better than that and as such always held higher ground. I guess that's no longer a given.  

It's not racist to want your borders secured and illegal immigration stopped. Mexico does a damn fine job of it.

I guess since they are the same skin color though that they can't really claim it being racist. Or bigoted. Or Xenophobe. Whatever the term is under those circumstances.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

So Mexico is willing to go full retard and cripple their own country just to "Stick it"  to "Trumpists."

Dangerous game to play. To say Mexico has any leverage is pretty reaching I'd think.

I think their ability to refuse to accept deportees gives them a lot of leverage. What are we going to do with them?

9 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

They control both houses. They don't need the Dems to pass a law. But they won't, because they can't legalize what they've demonized. 

They need dems to get past a filibuster and we both know it will take dems and republicans working together to pass it.

Dem's will have to ignore their racist tendencies and allow guest workers even though their union friends will be mad.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Why would you think this? How are we going to force Mexico to take back folks who don't have documents?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/22/foriegn-minister-mexico-immigrations-proposals/98252710/

• Like 1

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think their ability to refuse to accept deportees gives them a lot of leverage. What are we going to do with them?

Send them directly back to their home country like we do with others.

It's not enough leverage to change the position. Majority of our illegal population is from Mexico. Especially in the southwest. Illegal immigrants from Mexico make up 70-90% of the illegal immigration in states in the midwest and west coast.