IanforHeisman

3 way tie for first

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

San Jose winning the whole thing wouldn't shock me at all. 

The Spartans did it back in 1996 when seven of our eleven MWC basketball teams were in the Big West. :rock:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nevada/Boise/CSU

Big game coming up with Boise @Nevada. Broncos will have to play MUCH better this time around to have a chance. CSU and Boise exceeding expectations this year.

A lot of folks have been bemoaning our conference this season, but not me. I've been saying it's a fun ride and that the conference tournament will have some upsets. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Vegas for the tourney, but I'm definitely going to try! B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I think UNR wins the season title but the tourney is going to be a crapshoot. 

I agree with you on both things. The tournament should be very interesting. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nevada/Boise/CSU

Big game coming up with Boise @Nevada. Broncos will have to play MUCH better this time around to have a chance. CSU and Boise exceeding expectations this year.

Don't forget CSU @ New Méx Tues-PM.  Los Lobos are only 1.5-games behind the 3-tied-for-1st, and New Méx handled the Rams decisively earlier this yr on-the-rd. 

Both games are key match-ups going down the stretch run. 

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Don't forget CSU @ New Méx Tues-PM.  Los Lobos are only 1.5-games behind the 3-tied-for-1st, and New Méx handled the Rams decisively earlier this yr on-the-rd. 

Both games are key match-ups going down the stretch run. 

Rams could lose this game and still get a share of the conference title

Nevada has Boise st, UNLV, San Jose St and Colorado St on the schedule and none of them are give me games especially with Nevada struggling a bit on the road this year. 

My co-worker and i were talking last night saying unless Nevada pulls a job, it really could come down to Boise game and Colorado st games for them to win the conference. 

However I still stand by saying, I will be surprised if the #1 or #2 seed wins the tournament, I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

Finishing first, second, third or fourth doesn't matter. NOBODY is dominant this year in this league.

What matters is finishing in the top five and entering the tournament with positive momentum rather than negative momentum.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

You could still finished below 5th and have momentum going into the tournament, all you have to do is get hot in the tournament. However to me it does matter if you do finish first and maybe possibly second for the conference because then you are still looking at playing basketball after the MWC tournament. Finishing below that who knows.

However right now I think San Diego St and Colorado St could be playing the best basketball at this point in the season.