Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU '18

SDSU doing very well right now, some great commits coming in.

CSU a little slow right now but just got a good one yesterday out of Miami, FL.  I'm hearing the coaches want to wait until the stadium is finished before official visits happen.  Hopefully that will get some guys to come our way.

Great job so far for the Aztecs...Very impressive.

23 hours ago, jimjam said:

SDSU doing very well right now, some great commits coming in.

CSU a little slow right now but just got a good one yesterday out of Miami, FL.  I'm hearing the coaches want to wait until the stadium is finished before official visits happen.  Hopefully that will get some guys to come our way.

Great job so far for the Aztecs...Very impressive.

Yea that stadium will do very well with recruiting. Our stadium issue hasn't slowed down recruiting here. This could end up being a very small class from what I've seen. We don't lose many seniors this year, and we already have a couple of greyshirts from last years class. We're at 12, could end as low as 16.

Pretty close to done almost four spots open. I pay no attention to ratings. Do they fit your system  are they winners? I od notice the Aztecs now have five wr's in the last couple classes over 6'3 a trend.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

http://www.scout.com/Player/Daniel-Bellinger-46047117

2* TE. Doesn't catch a lot of passes in his offense, but his spring passing film looks really good. He's got the talent, just doesn't show it in his offense. Probably a bit of a project guy with good upside who will be a #1 TE when he adds weight.

A lot of recruits are posting their new "official" offers that came out on Aug. 1. A lot of guys SDSU offered before appear to no longer have offers. Seems like the staff is confident where we are and who we're after. 

On 8/6/2017 at 0:58 PM, badfish said:

Would be a really good get.

I just noticed that SDSU dropped in the 247 Composite from 1st to 3rd despite none of the top three getting or losing any recruits. I'm assuming someone got re-rated. 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, kingpotato said:

Would be a really good get.

I just noticed that SDSU dropped in the 247 Composite from 1st to 3rd despite none of the top three getting or losing any recruits. I'm assuming someone got re-rated. 

We dropped down a bit because a fairly well regarded OL decommitted to Minnesota. However, we have since received a commitment from a TE out of LV, where we've out-recruited the local school for years, and that along with a Boise decommitment has us now #2 although still trailing your school a bit in the avg. rating department.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

Just as an aside, USU is doing really, really bad. When you've changed coaches like SJSU, down years are expected but what's USU's excuse?

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

We dropped down a bit because a fairly well regarded OL decommitted to Minnesota. However, we have since received a commitment from a TE out of LV, where we've out-recruited the local school for years, and that along with a Boise decommitment has us now #2 although still trailing your school a bit in the avg. rating department.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

Just as an aside, USU is doing really, really bad. When you've changed coaches like SJSU, down years are expected but what's USU's excuse?

Boise's classes have been slower to develop under Harsin, but this class seems slower than normal. Quality wise it is up to standard, but the quantity is less. It'll be fine, though. They are one of the favorites of a few 4**** guys that if they can land 2 of them it will solidify them as one of the top G5 classes.

USU has never recruited well rankings wise. They were living off very good talent evaluation and development. Similar to what Wyoming has done the last couple years. Boise State started that way too, but eventually, if that doesn't turn into better recruiting, those can turn into some huge whiffs recruiting. I foresaw USU going down after they lost their lightly recruited, but NFL caliber, LBs, OL, and RBs.