SleepingGiantFan

MWC Celebrity Deathmatch

MWC Celebrity Deathmatch  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which place is better?

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Was thinking of spending a summer in Cody to pillage your trout streams in and around the area. 

You shut the hell up, right now. Those are my god damn fish...why don't you just stay in Teton county with the rest of the bastards and leave my fish alone!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Clark's Fork blows, just terrible habitat there, at least in the lower river, the Clark's fork canyon was good though, go there.  Big Horn is good, but it's been discovered, but it's still worth a few days, buy a Res license so you can fish the canyon. Beartooth plateau is great - the one time I went there it was fun, lots of little brookies! Wood river is a relatively unproductive stream, but it sees so little pressure it's still pretty good. Wood river has three forks if I'm not mistaken. 

But all those places are in the greater Yellowstone ecosystem. I'm talking elsewhere in Wyoming. No way anyone could get me talking about those places :)

Oh damn it, now you are encouraging him. What the hell man?!? 

Next thing you know you'll be telling him about the California Goldens in the Big Horns....oh crap.

18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

As a BYU fan, I'd say without hesitation Laramie is nicer.  People in Laramie also have higher IQs, which is a bonus.

I have no desire for BYU to ever schedule Fresno.  Not with the way they've treated San Jose State fans.  Fresno doesn't even feel like California.  

And by comparison, I've been calling for a BYU vs WYO series (including in Laramie) for half a decade now.

Never thought about it but I agree. Sacramento isn't on the coast either but as the state capital, it has so many visitors from coastal areas that it nevertheless has a bit of a cosmopolitan feel. All the history on display in Sacto like the Capital building, Old Town with the railroad museum, Sutter's Mill as well as its interesting turn of the century architecture and the fact Sacto has a major airport also make it seem a bit more like a major California city. With Fresno's absence of such things and its conservative politics (at least for California), it exudes Reno without the gambling.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I'd like to see you do a similar poll for San Jose vs Fresno.

You're certainly welcome to start one but that would seem pointless. Look at how Laramie has overwhelmingly been the choice in this one. San Jose sure isn't close to the nicest place in the Bay Area but IMO it beats the heck out of Fresno every day and twice on Sundays. Here's an example. My dad used to work as a consultant like I now do and like me, he had clients all over the state. One was Gallo vineyards and Dad became pretty good friends with Julio Gallo in the sixties. Dad told me Julio lived in Fresno on Monday-Friday but almost every Friday evening he hopped in his private plane and flew back to his hometown of Oakland for the weekend. To see friends, sure, but also to get out of Fresno when he didn't need to be there.

Boom goes the dynamite.

24 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Should be one for Fresno/Detroit/Country of Liberia.... 

My picks.....

1. Detroit

2.  Liberia

3.  Fresno

Oh. I see someone is still extremely upset about the ass rape they took last night. You're too obvious. LMAO. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're certainly welcome to start one but that would seem pointless. Look at how Laramie has overwhelmingly been the choice in this one. San Jose sure isn't close to the nicest place in the Bay Area but IMO it beats the heck out of Fresno every day and twice on Sundays. Here's an example. My dad used to work as a consultant like I now do and like me, he had clients all over the state. One was Gallo vineyards and Dad became pretty good friends with Julio Gallo in the sixties. Dad told me Julio lived in Fresno on Monday-Friday but almost every Friday evening he hopped in his private plane and flew back to his hometown of Oakland for the weekend. To see friends, sure, but also to get out of Fresno when he didn't need to be there.

I think it would be closer.  A lot of us mountain school fans voted for Laramie because it is in Wyoming.  I would vote Fresno over San Jose.

2 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Speaking of, a lot of that unfortunately in Liberia.

Unfortunately, there were 24 cases of sodomy filed at the Fresno PD HQ last night. Very sad stuff. Here are their victim profiles:

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/sjsu-m-baskbl-mtt.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Unfortunately, there were 24 cases of sodomy filed at the Fresno PD HQ last night. Very sad stuff. Here are their mug shots. 

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/sjsu-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Didn't hit link but I'm very happy the sheep are finally coming forward, and you should be worried.

Fresno.  Not even close.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

12 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

I see that all Fresno posters voted for Laramie... not surprising, who would know better than them.

You seem unusually occupied with talking about Fresno today. Chin up...maybe you'll get a shot at revenge in the tournament.