thelawlorfaithful

Assignments

58 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nobody brought it up. 

I understand you're sworn to secrecy. But tell us this, did he live out his days in paradise on the measly $200,000 he stole like we always hoped?

He did. 

I will provide a "tread lightly" explanation and then say no more.

There are places in the world where 200k was a boatload of money, especially in the 70's. Think millions in today's dollars. 

There are still places (think Asia) where you can buy damn near anything, or exchange American greenbacks on the black market, and that money stays in the black market and remains undected by the gov't forever. 

There are, or at least were, places in the world where you can purchase a bar, with cash, and live a modest but comfortable lifestyle for the remainder of your days, just so long as you continually grease the right palms. 

If you were a former member of Army Special Forces, and Asia was your area of operation, you would know exactly how to do this and you'd know the people who could make it happen. You would also have the expertise to parachute into damn near any environment, find your way out, and leave no trace you were ever even there.  Those searching for you would find nothing, not even a scrap of your parachute. 

I could go on, but I'm going to shut up now, as I've already said too much. B)

• Like 2

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He did. 

I will provide a "tread lightly" explanation and then say no more.

There are places in the world where 200k was a boatload of money, especially in the 70's. Think millions in today's dollars. 

There are still places (think Asia) where you can buy damn near anything, or exchange American greenbacks on the black market, and that money stays in the black market and remains undected by the gov't forever. 

There are, or at least were, places in the world where you can purchase a bar, with cash, and live a modest but comfortable lifestyle for the remainder of your days, just so long as you continually grease the right palms. 

If you were a former member of Army Special Forces, and Asia was your area of operation, you would know exactly how to do this and you'd know the people who could make it happen. You would also have the expertise to parachute into damn near any environment, find your way out, and leave no trace you were ever even there.  Those searching for you would find nothing, not even a scrap of your parachute. 

I could go on, but I'm going to shut up now, as I've already said too much. B)

This right here people is why we are doing this. The possibility within our short lives of existence is almost without end. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

56 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

i can do one, if it isn't too late. just let me know which one you want me to do.

A volunteer!

35psfe.jpg

Take your pick. If they are none that interest you more than the others I'll pick on for you.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

A volunteer!

35psfe.jpg

Take your pick. If they are none that interest you more than the others I'll pick on for you.

Feel free to poach from mine if you like em too. More participants is ideal!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'll work on getting one of mine posted this weekend. School and work are kicking my ass this week. 

Don't worry about it. This is going to take awhile so there is no rush. Life comes first.

22 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Just discovered this... Good stuff. Did Hitler escaping Germany or Roanoke Island make the cut? Is the bracket set? I've been skimming most threads, so I may have missed it.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:26 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

For those reading who might still want to volunteer, it is never too late. Just let me know the topic and we will get it worked out.

@mugtang, @halfmanhalfbronco, @sebasour, @retrofade, @CPslograd, @DestinFlPackfan, @Joe from WY, @bsu_alum9, @happycamper

Firstly, I want to thank you guys for enabling me to indulge my curiosity in this wierdness. So far it is we ten who have stepped up to see this thing through. I'm asking all of you to take on another subject if you can. I understand everyone has real lives and real responsibilities, so if it's not doable for you it's no big deal. There is no pressure. I'll pick up any slack that is left over, even if it takes all summer and my wife divorces me for going looney researching this stuff. If there are some who are willing to do even more than one more, let me know.

Right now it stands as this:

thelawlorfaithful - Oak Island Money Pit, Dyatlov Pass Incident

Mugtang - Faked Moon Landing

Halfmanhalfbronco - Patterson/Gimlin Film Northwest Sasquatch, Age of Human Civilization, Ghosts and Haunted Places

Sebasour - 9/11

Retrofade - Roswell, Majestic 12

CPslograd - Pearl Harbor

DestinFlpackfan - Pure Royal Bloodline

Joe From Wyoming - The Narcotic Bubble

bsu alum9 - The Wow! Signal

happycamper - Chemtrails, 9/11, The Bermuda Triangle

4UNLV - Area 51

That gets us to 15. The following are the subjects the board voted on to get in. If you have a preference you can go ahead and pick it. If you don't, but are still willing to help, I can assign you one.

JFK Assissination

Famed UFO sightings

MK Ultra

The Illuminati

Famous Abductions and Close Encounters

The Mothman

The Mary Celeste

The Lost Roanoke Colony

Men In Black

The Disappearance of Amelia Earhart

Hitler Escapes Germany

Shadow People

D.B. Cooper

Poltergeists

The Exorcism of Annelise Michael

New World Order

(Note: I left Black Eyed Children off even though it made the cut off. Even though the idea of frightening, and artistic renderings are genuinely unsettling, it doesn't seem to be anything more than creepypasta. All of the other subjects had more meat on the bone.)

All the ones I bolded are in the bracket, but don't yet have a volunteer to cover them.

Man, Hitler escaping Germany is tempting - but I think there's a lot of evidence that he died in Berlin. Martin Bormann would have better potential I think.

If you'll allow me to join in on your game, Roanoke was something I wanted to learn more about anyway. I'd throw my name into that hat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SFtoVA said:

Man, Hitler escaping Germany is tempting - but I think there's a lot of evidence that he died in Berlin. Martin Bormann would have better potential I think.

If you'll allow me to join in on your game, Roanoke was something I wanted to learn more about anyway. I'd throw my name into that hat.

Roanoke is all yours my good man. By the way, Hitler is still alive and being kept safe at a secret underground base in Antarctica by the tall greys.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Roanoke is all yours my good man. By the way, Hitler is still alive and being kept safe at a secret underground base in Antarctica by the tall greys.

LOL! I'm on it, this will be fun. Thanks!

I've got my Roswell books on the way to me to start reading them. I got sidetracked by two research papers for school. Now that I don't have them due, and I only have about a month left of school, I should be able to get that stuff posted soonish before I have to start studying for my PMP, and then go back to school full-time for real in July. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

I've got my Roswell books on the way to me to start reading them. I got sidetracked by two research papers for school. Now that I don't have them due, and I only have about a month left of school, I should be able to get that stuff posted soonish before I have to start studying for my PMP, and then go back to school full-time for real in July. 

Sweet.