crixus

San Jose State @ Fresno State

San Jose State vs Fresno State

Weds. 02-15 at 7:00 pm, PT 

TV: Mountain West Network http://www.themw.com/

Can the Spartans win their 5th straight MW game, or will the Bulldogs put an end to the streak? B)

39 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

Looking forward to this game. Talk about two teams heading in different directions right now.

WHAT'S ON THE LINE

The Spartans bring a four game winning streak with them into the valley on Wednesday. A win against the Bulldogs would give SJSU five straight wins for the first time since December of 1998. Should the streak continue it would be five straight conference wins, and that hasn't happened since January of 1983 with five consecutive Pacific Coast Athletic Association (PCAA) victories.

THE RIVALRY PERSPECTIVE
There is another winning streak on the line for the Spartans as they have a chance to win three in a row against the Bulldogs for the first time since beating them seven straight times between Mar. 2, 1985 and Mar. 5, 1988. But in order to make it three in a row San José State has to do something it hasn't done since Jan. 10, 2009 - win a game in Fresno. The 2008-09 season was the last time San José State swept a season against Fresno State.

LAST TIME AGAINST FRESNO STATE
San José State trailed Fresno State by 15 points three different times during the first half but managed to pull out the 69-62 win inside The Event Center. It was SJSU's first win in Mountain West play, and Gary Williams, Jr. led the way with a career-high 18 points. Jalen James put the Spartans ahead 63-62 with 21 seconds left and then took a charge on the ensuing Fresno State possession. Consecutive technical fouls within two seconds of game time were called on Bulldogs' head coach Rodney Terry and SJSU used the resulting four free throws to ice the game.

31 minutes ago, crixus said:

WHAT'S ON THE LINE

The Spartans bring a four game winning streak with them into the valley on Wednesday. A win against the Bulldogs would give SJSU five straight wins for the first time since December of 1998. Should the streak continue it would be five straight conference wins, and that hasn't happened since January of 1983 with five consecutive Pacific Coast Athletic Association (PCAA) victories.

THE RIVALRY PERSPECTIVE
There is another winning streak on the line for the Spartans as they have a chance to win three in a row against the Bulldogs for the first time since beating them seven straight times between Mar. 2, 1985 and Mar. 5, 1988. But in order to make it three in a row San José State has to do something it hasn't done since Jan. 10, 2009 - win a game in Fresno. The 2008-09 season was the last time San José State swept a season against Fresno State.

LAST TIME AGAINST FRESNO STATE
San José State trailed Fresno State by 15 points three different times during the first half but managed to pull out the 69-62 win inside The Event Center. It was SJSU's first win in Mountain West play, and Gary Williams, Jr. led the way with a career-high 18 points. Jalen James put the Spartans ahead 63-62 with 21 seconds left and then took a charge on the ensuing Fresno State possession. Consecutive technical fouls within two seconds of game time were called on Bulldogs' head coach Rodney Terry and SJSU used the resulting four free throws to ice the game.

Alot on the line for sure. Hopefully i can catch the second half.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Hey Fresno:

tumblr_inline_nsvj7rCboE1ty1x4g_500.gif

Don't get cocky, that stuff has a way of coming back around. Haven't you learned anything from the Fresno trolls? Save the trash talk for after the game

• Like 3

4 hours ago, crixus said:

Don't get cocky, that stuff has a way of coming back around. Haven't you learned anything from the Fresno trolls? Save the trash talk for after the game

After the game? That's some pussy ass shit. Wouldn't expect anything less from you. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

11 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

After the game? That's some pussy ass shit. Wouldn't expect anything less from you. 

This.

I trash talk before, during, and after the game. Granted, if we lose, the trash talk is towards us and usually revolves around why the +++++ Sam Bittner got as much playtime as he did, or the fact that we're one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the country.

50 minutes ago, SpartaRick said:

Fresno being a 7.5 point favorite at their house is, probably, about right.

Yes, visiting opponents at a huge disadvantage when visiting Fresno trying to acclimate to the tap water, polluted air, terrible weather and dangerous inbreds.

2 hours ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Yea, this guy talks shit before and after the consistent losing to SJS-albeit it takes him a few weeks usually to re-surface-but still...#shameless

17 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Yes, visiting opponents at a huge disadvantage when visiting Fresno trying to acclimate to the tap water, polluted air, terrible weather and dangerous inbreds.

e5eb0c239092868f5ffb569a1e5fe9aa.jpg

20 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Yea, this guy talks shit before and after the consistent losing to SJS-albeit it takes him a few weeks usually to re-surface-but still...#shameless

6-5 vs SJSU in basketball and football since you entered the conference. I won't add baseball or previous years because then it'll just get super embarrassing for you. 

4 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

6-5 vs SJSU in basketball and football since you entered the conference. I won't add baseball or previous years because then it'll just get super embarrassing for you. 

"Hey, we're 1 game over .500 against you-the team I think is the worst in the Nation!" Man you're a gem.....thanks for not embarrassing me......bwwaaahaha!!

14 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

"Hey, we're 1 game over .500 against you-the team I think is the worst in the Nation!" Man you're a gem.....thanks for not embarrassing me......bwwaaahaha!!

There are several factors that make you the worst athletic program in the confernece... being nearly .500 vs Fresno in the last few years isn't one of them.  But, I'm not the only one with this opinion.  I could hold another poll for you if you think the results would be any different  

SJSU_zps2129263e.jpg