Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

2017 Baseball Thread

6 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Also, got to feel a little for TCU fan. I go back to the Jim Dietz days with Aztecs, and it has been a trying 20+ year affair. But, the Horned Frogs have had a VERY successful program in Ft. Worth with multiple WS appearances, and have yet to grab the ring (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 in Omaha). I'd be a grumpy fan by now

Same could be said for Florida St. Under their current head coach, they have made 15 trips to Omaha and have yet to grab a ring as well. In fact Florida St has been to the World Series 22 times without a ring.In those 22 appearances they were a runner up twice

I know a little late but Florida's coach Kevin O'Sullivan has brought the Gators to Omaha every year except for 2 since 2010.  3 of those trips were 2 and out for Florida though. The only other time Florida started 2-0 in the World Series they ended up playing for the national championship

38 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I know a little late but Florida's coach Kevin O'Sullivan has brought the Gators to Omaha every year except for 2 since 2010.  3 of those trips were 2 and out for Florida though. The only other time Florida started 2-0 in the World Series they ended up playing for the national championship

They looked great yesterday.  Solid pitching, solid fielding. 

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They looked great yesterday.  Solid pitching, solid fielding. 

I haven't watched them in the World Series but during the regionals they were a ho hum sort of team. Found ways to survive

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Sort of like everyone but OSU it seems :D

LSU has played good baseball in the postseason and TCU has been playing well also leading into the World Series. At least with those teams and with Oregon St and Louisville have seen some very good play from them up at a level you should/have to be for the World Series. I just haven't seen it from Florida during the postseason this year, but they are finding different ways to win

LSU defeats Florida ST 7-4; Florida St eliminated

LSU will move on to face Oregon St on Friday where they will have to win twice if they want to get to the championship series.

Tomorrow Louisville vs. TCU to see who will face Florida on Friday where they will have to defeat Florida twice to get to the championship series

We are down to the final four in baseball:

LSU vs. Oregon St---LSU needs to defeat Oregon St twice to advance to championship series

TCU vs. Florida--TCU needs to defeat Florida twice to advance to championship series

LSU last championship was 2009; Oregon St last championship was in 2007; Florida no championships however two runner ups in 2011 & 2005; TCU no championships however they have been a member of the final four teams in 4 of their 5 World Series appearances.

13 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

TCU defeats Louisville 4-3; Louisville is eliminated

Glad they made it though.