Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

2017 Baseball Thread

30 minutes ago, stchas said:

How did Nevada's # 115 Strength of Schedule set them up for success?

They didn't schedule games just for "experience" they scheduled games to play the games to win. That is how you play the game............you play the game to win not for experience.

If you are planning your schedule just strictly on experience, you are doing yourself and the team a disservice. Goes back to the original point............schedule Texas A&M.........Florida..........Florida St.......Dallas Baptist and what not fine but YOU HAVE TO WIN some of those games............and simply New Mexico isn't and that is dragging the perception of New Mexico down. Pretty much right now New Mexico is known as the team who can't win outside the MWC.

2 hours ago, stchas said:

How did Nevada's # 115 Strength of Schedule set them up for success?

success may have been the wrong word............however there is still a happy medium on scheduling.........but scheduling to build experience.................again you play the games to win not get experience. 

Los Lobos complete the sweep of UNLV this afternoon. 11-9 was the final. Highlights here..

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Spartans squander another lead (three runs today) and lose to Air Force...again. This time it's 8-5, Falcons.

Props to Coastie!

5 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

TCU beats Baylor 8-5 to take two out of three on the weekend.  The Frogs now have a two game lead in the Big 12 over West Virginia and Texas Tech.

Let's Gooooo Mountaineers! 

BoWyMIxCIAARkka.png

11 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

New Mexico defeats UNLV 11-9

San Diego St defeats UCSB 5-4

Air Force defeats San Jose St 9-5

Fresno takes Nevada behind the woodshed 27-5

Ouch 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Three close games in Santa Barbara this weekend with SDSU winning two of them.  Well done Aztecs. 

Big showdown for 1st place coming up next weekend (4/28-4/30),against the Aztecs on the Mesa. 

UNM at 14-2-1, SDSU at 13-5. Lobos need to at least take one of those games to hold on to the lead. That lost game that wasn't counted against SJSU may loom large when it's all said and done at the end of the season for Los Lobos! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

58 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Ouch 

giphy.gif

The Clippers will choke in the playoffs...yet again. 

1 hour ago, crixus said:

The Clippers will choke in the playoffs...yet again. 

I think it was on ESPN there was an article about this might be the last chance for the Clippers for a little while. It was when.......damn it can't remember his name right now even though on the tip of my tongue......broke him toe I think and he is out for the playoffs.

1. New Mexico         14-2-1        23-16-1

2. San Diego St        13-5           29-12

3. Fresno St              9-9             19-20

4. Nevada                 9-12          13-27

5. San Jose St          7-12-1        13-24-1

6. Air Force               8-13           19-20

7. UNLV                    7-14            14-28

April 25th:

Northern Colorado @ Air Force; Texas Tech @ New Mexico; Portland @ UNLV; UC-Riverside @ San Diego St; Fresno St @ Cal Poly; St. Mary's @ San Jose St

April 26th:

Texas Tech @ New Mexico;  Portland @ UNLV

April 28th--30th

Nevada @ Air Force; UNLV @ Seattle; Fresno St @ San Jose St; New Mexico @ San Diego St

24 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think it was on ESPN there was an article about this might be the last chance for the Clippers for a little while. It was when.......damn it can't remember his name right now even though on the tip of my tongue......broke him toe I think and he is out for the playoffs.

Blake Griffin, and he always gets hurt when they need him the most. He spends about as much time on the IR as he does in the games. And it's been that way throughout his career. 

6 minutes ago, crixus said:

Blake Griffin, and he always gets hurt when they need him the most. He spends about as much time on the IR as he does in the games. And it's been that way throughout his career. 

Thank you...damn it I could see the face and but just couldn't think of his name.

Northern Colorado @ Air Force for today has been canceled because of weather and no makeup date has been announced.

Also fun fact.............Cal Poly, who faces Fresno st tonight, this past weekend just took two of three from Fullerton