Chrysis

Nevada @ San Diego State

14 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

MWC teams are just looking to get hot for 3 days in LV at the MWCT - after that.........if the one hot team wins another game it's bonus for the MWC

For 6 teams it's FOUR days.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

The "Show" was a No Show.  Probably 25 - 35% full. Pathetic. If our student section were a 70s TV sitcom, it would be Joanie Loves Chachi; dull unimaginative and disinterested. But it was on a Sunday so they were probably at church.

It isn't just this year's hoops team which is soft. It's also the current student body which generally ignores a football team which has now gone to seven consecutive bowl games. Among the reasons I refuse to participate in AztecMesa anymore is how sacrosanct those losers have made themselves. If alumni point even just their pinky at the students even one time as being even part of the problem, they're all over you like flies on dog crap defending themselves and blaming you for not presenting them with better teams to root for.

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I said we have three probables. Do I need to define that word for you? I'm not saying we will win all three, just two of them, to go 4-2 down the stretch. That will get us into the regular season top 5 and that was my point. This conference is so awful that the only real difference between one team and anybody else in the LV Invitational except the host school is to not have to be in one of the play-in games. That extra game is going to eliminate any of the bottom six from winning the tournament but any of the five who can rest that first day can win three in a row for the honor of getting blown out in its first game in the NCAAs.

Maybe you do need to define the word for me. Probable to me means it is likely to happen. You have @USU as a "probable" win. SDSU will likely be slight dogs in that game. Even if it's a pick 'em game that wouldn't be "probable". If that is a "probable" win you might as well just include CSU as a "probable" too.

15 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'm assuming no MWC team could get hot for 4 days 

I get your point. However, after having played for three straight days it's extremely difficult to win again on day 4 against an opponent which is playing for just a third straight day. UConn won 5 in a row to win the Big East tournament the year they beat SDSU in the Elite Eight and went on to win the whole enchilada but I don't think any MWC champion has ever managed to win 4 in a row. Maybe with the conference being so awful this year somebody will accomplish that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

37 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

It was really good that UNR go so hyped for that showdown with last place UNLV.  Unfortunately, they shot their load and screwed any chance of an at-large bid out the window on Sunday.  Typical MWC team....

I don't think it's usually the case so much in BB as FB.  FB betters know when a team has a big emotional win they usually come out flat the next game.  On the other side when a team is upset they usually come out very focused the next game.  Pretty much describes the Pack this year.

19 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Nobody but me has been mentioning it but I'll say it again here as I've said it on aztecsfight and AztecsSportsReport. When Gill-Caesar doesn't play, SDSU wins.

When he doesn't play, it means the Aztecs have a full roster. He and Williams each played 3 minutes last night. Both average 13 minutes. That is an indication of our injury problems. Other than Hoetzel and Cheatham playing hurt, the Aztecs are at full strength for the first time in a long while. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

4 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

When he doesn't play, it means the Aztecs have a full roster. He and Williams each played 3 minutes last night. Both average 13 minutes. That is an indication of our injury problems. Other than Hoetzel and Cheatham playing hurt, the Aztecs are at full strength for the first time in a long while. 

True enough. However, why Fish has continued to play G-C rather than giving Narain a shot is beyond reasonable comprehension. There isn't a chance in the world Narain could be worse than G-C but there is a chance he could be better. A good chance. And maybe MUCH better.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I hope Nevada wins every regular season game from here on out coz they have the best shot at an at-large berth right now if they

aren't able to win the conference tourney... RPI around 40ish I believe.

• Like 1

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

4 hours ago, Aztecs Rising said:

I hope Nevada wins every regular season game from here on out coz they have the best shot at an at-large berth right now if they

aren't able to win the conference tourney... RPI around 40ish I believe.

Jerry Palm was just on the radio and said Boise has the best shot at an at-large of the MW teams, based largely on their SMU win. He still has it a one bid league, but said if it's two, Boise has the best resume

• Like 1