Guest Cowboy Junky

Fresno tried to poach Wyoming's Sacramento recruits and failed.

14 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Rather than post a bunch of unflattering photos of Fresno (which is mostly what comes up when you Google "Fresno" in images) I will just suggest you try to find a positive list Fresno shows up on. You know, kind of like how Laramie is on the lists of best college towns, best place to live an outdoor lifestyle, best place to raise a family, best place to retire to. Something Fresno shows up on other than shi--y cities or scummiest places....

OK, since you asked. Here are a few of the "positive lists" for Fresno.

#1 on US News' "10 Most Fun Places to Live If You Love the Outdoors".

http://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/articles/10-most-fun-places-to-live-if-you-love-the-outdoors/

#1 on Redfin's "Best Cities for National Park Lovers".

https://www.redfin.com/blog/2016/08/the-best-cities-for-national-park-lovers.html

#6 on Travelocity's "Top US Cities for Summer Vacations".

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/travelocity-names-the-best-destinations-in-its-2016-travelocity-summer-vacation-index-300280793.html

One of Voactiv's "35 Best Cities for People 35 and Under"

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-35-best-us-cities-for-people-35-and-under-according-to-vocativ-230966051.html

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah when I think great Summer Vacation ideas I think Fresno and the heat and smog and stench of the valley. 

I love the stench jokes. The only places that stink are near a dairy farm. I don't even think there are any dairy farms in Fresno County. The ones I know of are in Kings and Tulare counties. Nothing even remotely close to the city limits  

And if you've been here as many times as you've said you would know that. 

6 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I love the stench jokes. The only places that stink are near a dairy farm. I don't even think there are any dairy farms in Fresno County. The ones I know of are in Kings and Tulare counties. Nothing even remotely close to the city limits  

And if you've been here as many times as you've said you would know that. 

What is it I smell in the city proper then?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

21 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Analysis: you are codependent, uncomfortable alone with only your "thoughts", and constantly seeking validation through others.

Eh... seems a little disingenuous, guy who indirectly makes his living from people who don't like to be alone with their thoughts on a Saturday night ;) 

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You do realize that this all happened in a different era, right?  That "walk on" program, it was funded by boosters who paid the tuition and fees, etc. of the walk on's.  I don't see Wyo even attempting to stretch those rules, much less getting the boosters on board to fund the transgression.

Hathaway as a recruiting scam?

Maybe.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Lets stop even considering Fresno part of California.... we all know it's a pit, stinks, bottom10 in every list-many are moving to Detroit (affordable for V folk) and getting out of that hell hole. So, Wyoming should stop even considering comparing their tiny little nothing to that third world city.  

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

It smells like shit every morning when you get up in the valley. And you're right, I've spent enough mornings there to know that. 

I think that might be your breath. 

19 hours ago, badfish said:

Just for the hell of it, I went through and counted Wyomings 2017 commits' other FBS offers. There were 24 total other FBS offers for 23 commits (https://wyoming.rivals.com/commitments/football/2017) and 14 of those were between Victor Jones (who looks to be a stud), Ruan Gatoloai and a kicker.

Yes, guys fall through the cracks, are late bloomers, but their ass, etc. in college, bust to think 128 other FBS programs completely missed on offering almost all of your recruits is just wrong. It's a copy cat game and the second a guy is offered, everyone knows about him (just ask Polian). That's why Davies keeps his class silent as best as he can. Do I believe Bohl will get the most out of these guys? Yes. Is this dynasty material? No. 

Bingo. And Wyo Fan need not tell us how many titles Bohl won as justification for arguing to the contrary. 247 has NDSU's 2017 class as the sixth best in the FCS and my guess would be that's the kind of classes Bohl had when he was there. However much he coaches them up, Bohl's Wyo kids will never be anywhere close to even the top 60 among FBS.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Back to the topic though.... very believable.  Retreadford came hard after several Spartan recruits also.... now their coming after our basketball recruits.  #downtimes  #thnkgod4baseball

This thread is silly.  Of course a new coaching staff has to scramble because of the short time frame.  Norvell's personality & sales pitch is very different from Polian's.  We only kept 2 of Polian's commits.  Some we chased away but 2 3* OL's went to SDSU & 1 went to USU.  Longer term staffs have a huge advantage in recruiting, a new staff only has a few weeks to establish relationships. Our coaches went back to the territories they were familiar with & I think we're very happy with the results.  It's fun to brag about recruiting but only time will tell.     

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I used to think LA people were all pricks, but they're friendlier these days than SF people. 

Having lived part of my life in locations in both the Bay Area and SoCal, I can say residents of the two cities have always been different. People in the East Bay where I lived tended not to look down on L.A. the way San Franciscans do. Actually, many San Diegans have that same elitist attitude about L.A. and I've never understood it. All three cities have much to recommend them and some of us are fine living in any of them. However, if you're far right politically, best stay away from SF and if you hate the military best not live in SD and if you're racially bigoted, you will hate living in L.A. Of course, if you can't manage to earn at least about 80 grand a year, you shouldn't try to live in any of them.

• Like 4

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

The rest of the MWC better be on notice, imo. Historically the typical Wyoming recruit has no FBS offers and Craig Bohl won the division with those kids. Now they are getting kids that actually had legit offers to other schools. Hell, Wyoming legitimately didn't finish dfl in the recruiting rankings this year. I think a monster is building 

AF is always the same, too. No stars no problem. We're always towards the top in the real standings. No big deal. It's all about coaching and the willingness of players to work and develop. 

Tempered excitement

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

35 minutes ago, Bob said:

The rest of the MWC better be on notice, imo. Historically the typical Wyoming recruit has no FBS offers and Craig Bohl won the division with those kids. Now they are getting kids that actually had legit offers to other schools. Hell, Wyoming legitimately didn't finish dfl in the recruiting rankings this year. I think a monster is building 

AF is always the same, too. No stars no problem. We're always towards the top in the real standings. No big deal. It's all about coaching and the willingness of players to work and develop. 

Seeing is believing.  

2 hours ago, Bob said:

What's Bohl's life time record at Wyoming? Slow burner, it took Nick Rolovich one year for what it took Bohl 3 years to accomplish.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

13 hours ago, Warbow said:

What's Bohl's life time record at Wyoming? Slow burner, it took Nick Rolovich one year for what it took Bohl 3 years to accomplish.

Like when Hawaii lost 55-0 against SDSU? Or was it when you lost to BSU 15-53?? I didn't realize Hawaii won their division title! The ONLY semi respectable win you had this season was against Air Force. Your 7-7 record is a 4-9 record with a mountain division curve if that!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Fresno's inability to "poach" Sac commits from Wyoming had to do with the fact Fresno hasn't recruited California hardly at all the last 5 years under DeRuyter. We weren't going to come in 2 months before signing day and undo 2 years worth of relationships Wyoming had built with these kids. Hats off to them for putting in the work.

But don't get used to it. We are back to recruiting California as we should have been the whole time.